Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Jags at Texans, Sunday Sep 10, 2017!!

Blame it on whatever you want.

This is what happens when the FO neglects to do their jobs in the off-season. It doesn't take a blind man to see Ricky is the living personification of the Peter Principle.

And I'm at a 5 year olds birthday party right now.

Can't agree more. They completely failed in this offseason outside of drafting Watson. The FA period was completely botched.

You can't win games with this OL play. It's that simple. Going into the season with this group should get RS fired. Everyone talked about it and it was ignored.

We need some receivers. Miller has been a disappointment thus far in his career. Just got muscled out of bounds easily.
My friend, we need a better offensive line first and foremost. I'd rather have a good to great offensive line with mediocre wideouts than the other way around. And we've got DeAndre Hopkins, a top 5 WR in the game, locked into a multi-year contract already. I wish we had spent money on the O-Line first.

For years and years, the Texans and Lions had the two best wide receivers in the game in Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson. And many of those season those teams produced losing year after losing year (Lions went 0-16 and Texans had a pair of 2-14 seasons).

And it made me realize that you can have the best wide receivers in the game and it's useless with a poor offensive line, which usually results in disappointing quarterback play.

But once you have a solid offensive line you can take so-so wideouts and make them look good. Your quarterback has time to pass. The formula to win football games is the same as it has been for the past 75 years. Teams pass a lot more than they run is about the only difference. It shouldn't be so complicated but it seems to be that way with Rick Smith and our front office.

Reactions: ROO
Miller was who the braintrust (smith) tried to blow up our @$$ last year as a great pickup.
C'MON MAN tired of your BS

He's not listed on the injury report and he already carried it once, so that's not it.

I've defended BoB in the past, but I'm starting to think that it's not just Rick Smith who can't build a team, but it's also that BoB can't coach an offense.
It's a little of both. But with what is looking like the worst offensive line in the NFL there isn't much anybody can do. Bill Belichick could coach this Houston Texans team with Tom Brady at quarterback, and we would still look like a bad team with those five guys up front.

He's not listed on the injury report and he already carried it once, so that's not it.

I've defended BoB in the past, but I'm starting to think that it's not just Rick Smith who can't build a team, but it's also that BoB can't coach an offense.

I have too. One thing I will blame BoB is this team was out of sync on both sides of the ball from the kickoff. The offense is another story. Neither QB can get comfortable in the pocket because there has been no pocket. This offensive line is probably the worst o-line in the league. Even if/when Brown returns it's still going to be one of the worst.

Just like the announcer mentioned, the Texans offense has one weapon. That's it. Watson is a good scrambler but he doesn't look like a good passer. Either he's on the wrong page with the receivers or he throws the ball low (which is admittedly better than high but he gives his receivers no chance to gain YAC). The only reason the Texans didn't get blanked today is because of bad Jacksonville penalties on their defense.

All hope for a decent season gone right after the crowd caused the false start. Only positive for the day. I would clean house immediately after this debacle. To hell with it get BOB off the field now and get tricky Ricky out of the boothe now. I'm not one for calling for heads but our upper management has failed us big time. Eff em all

I actually don't have a problem with this. But who's the HC. Vrabel? Hell no, he ain't ready. Cremal? At first, probably.

Honestly I don't care, but I guess Romeo only because we have to have one. Then maybe we could bring in an OC with some talent.

I think most is over rated. Miller, Clowney, Cushing, Savage(until today), Hopkins, .....
Who are you talking about in particular?
Last season's defense was no mirage. We have talent on the offense but with no kind of O-line it is hard for any offense to do much.

I would love to go after our head coach for his play calling but it is hard to manufacture any kind of offense when the O-line is as tough as paper mache..lol. There is little our skills position players can do.

I withhold judgement on Vrabel as defensive coordinator till we have seen more of his defense going forward. At least three or four games. For me the coaching is more the problem than a lack of talent on the team.

Last season our O-line improved some as the season went on but this start is really bad and I am not so sure they can improve enough this season to get us into the playoffs.

This game would be a shutout if Savage were still in there.

And that makes a difference how? I get all the excitement with 4 coming in after what 3 showed us, but 4 wasn't really much better.

This offensive scheme just sucks ass and has for entire time O'Brien has been here.

Well, it's going to be a long year and we will likely not be .500.

Best part of today is that we started the Watson era.

We absolutely need to start over at GM and HC. It's obvious, but it won't happen. That's the most frustrating thing about this team. They can't make the most obvious and impactful choices. RS should have been gone years ago.

Back