Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Bears at Texans!!

TejasTom

All Pro
**Official Game-Day Thread** Bears at Texans!!

Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016 • Noon CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas
Texans-vs-Bears-image-882f8b1d494a8d024b684f367184c155.jpg

Game is on Fox
01-FOX-E-V6.png

Green Bay @ Jacksonville Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch (Red)
Chicago @ Houston Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis (Blue)
Oakland @ New Orleans Chris Myers, Ronde Barber (Green)
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta Sam Rosen, David Diehl (Yellow)
Minnesota @ Tennessee Dick Stockton, Chris Spielman (Orange)
NO GAME due to local team at home on CBS (Grey)

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Pete Morelli - Gets entirely new crew because they sucked last year. Article: Link

TEXAS FLAG HOLDERS
First Responders from the Houston Police Department, Spring Fire Department / EMT Station 77 and the Harris County Sheriffs Office

HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE CAPTAINS
Officers from the Houston Police Department S.W.A.T. team

NATIONAL ANTHEM
Multi-Platinum Recording Artist and Texans Own Clay Walker

COIN TOSS CAPTAINS
Steve Pastor, BHP Billiton President of Petroleum joined by Steven Sparks, Retired Houston Fire Department Chief who worked at Ground Zero after the September 11th tragedy

Roof: Closed

Uniforms: Liberty White Game: White Jersey / White Pants

chancetstorms.gif
86° F/ 30° C Chance of a Thunderstorm. Full Weather: Link

Know where you are parking.
Parking_Map_HEB.jpg

GO TEXANS!!

Last edited:
Great thread Tejas Tom!

Good morning Texans fans! It's game day!
Now we get to see our shiny new offense opened up and in action. Let's hope it exceeds all of our expectations. Just 7 1/2 hours until we find out!

LLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RRRRRUMBLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!

Last edited:
To all of the First Responders and victims of the New York attacks, we think of you, offer our prayers to your families and thank you for your service. In memory of those who lost their lives on that terrible day on 9/11/2001.

GO TEXANS!

3 hours to game time!
I am itching for some real Texans football!

ROCK AND ROLL TEXANS! ! !

Should I stay home and watch the game, or go to Bull & Bear and watch with other fans?

Maybe I'll start a poll.

Damn I'm glad this season has finally started.
Nothing like watching the game with other fans and plenty of beer. Need some good BBQ as well.

Fox Sports NFL Kickoff is on! It's officailly football time! Just 2 hours left until the Texans kick off the season against the Bears!

ROCK AND ROLL TEXANS! ! !

0-13 when allowing more than 21 points.

That's the Texans under O'b

Just heard this on the radio & thought, "Wow!!"

I want to avg at least 24 ppg... we've got a long row to hoe.

The Texans have all 5 of their RBs active today................you think they're going to run the ball today?................you think?

You've really never been to a Texans game?

Nope. I have this thing about being in a building with thousands upon thousands of other folks. Can't do it. As I said elsewhere, hopefully this season I'll be visiting some tailgaters, and watch the game in the lot, if they do that sort of thing. I'm not going inside, or, if I do, just do look around a bit and leave. I also don't go above the 20th floor in any building or fly.

Phobias are b!tch. LOL

Vegas is only giving the Texans 6.5 points...........and 3 of those would be for home field advantage. Not a confidence booster.:idea:

Surprised at Mumph, kinda tells me that we will see some passes to one of Miller or Ervin or maybe a trick play or two.

Mumph being out doesn't surprise me with Andersen, Ervin and Miller being able to line up at wr.

That's precisely why I would've gone with 4 wr on the 53 and tried to ps mumph. But he had a good pre season and he's a good emergency player to have around.

Inactives: Duane Brown, Brandon Weeden, Brennan Scarlett, Oday Aboushi, Keith Mumphery, K.J. Dillon, Joel Heath

This was my guess last week:

Now....who's inactive on gameday?

7 guys have to sit.

Brown should be one.
Weeden.
Mumph.
Kj Dillon.
Heath.
Dent (has he passed protocol?)

Grimes? I like grimy. OB dressed 4 backs last year right?

I can't imagine he'd go with only three guys there with the beating that position can take.

Got all but the two. Aboushi and Scarlett. Didn't know if Dent would be ready. And didn't make a real guess at the seventh.

The inactives make sense though.

Back