Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Offense v. Defense

Mike Malone

Practice Squad
I saw the game yesterday. Isn't the Texans "claim-to-fame" their offense? Even though the Texans lost, their defense showed other teams how to beat the Colts. They pounded Manning and played good defense. However, the offense let them down yesterday. The running game was good enough for a win, but the passing game let the team down.

I believe that Andre Johnson is the third best receiver in the league right now, behind TO and Randy Moss (yes better than Marvin Harrison). A receiver this good needs to be utilized early and often. I would throw to him in double coverage. What an awesome talent! What a waste of talent in letting him run around the field blocking for a runningback who has just caught a backfield pass. I echo the commentators coments in that I would throw Johnson the ball 10-15 times a game. This guy has to be given the chance to make plays and help his team win.

My kudos to the defense and especially to Dunta Robinson. I was impressed with Robinson in the pre-season. Now, I think he has the capability of becoming one of the best corners in the league. Although he is small, he is strong, fast, can cover and most of all, can tackle.

Don't worry Texans fans. Although the Texans won't be in the playoffs this year, they will be next year unless some unfortunate injury occurs.

I wonder if our plus is our minus? :hmmm: Dominick Davis is getting a ton of catches. He is releasing out of the backfield instead of staying in to block for Carr not giving him time to find AJ and making the release valve Carr's only option.

I would like to see Wells pass blocking, just to see how it works out, but he's not a long term answer.

Back