Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans. 11/17. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

I love AJ. He shouldn't have stormed off the field when there's time on the clock. I don't care who you are.

Gonna be an interesting week for sure. I think Case should start since he hasn't done anything to lose it but I honestly don't care who the QB is. This isn't our year. Playing for stats and draft position now.

Andre Johnson had EVERY right to storm off the field, hell after what this franchise has done to him pretty much his whole career, Andre Johnson has every right to storm off this GD team...

There are a lot if things this team could have done differently to win games over kubiaks tenure. We could have taken Schaub out if some of the games he's pissed away if it was about giving us the best chance to win. Anytime a defense had to adjust to a different qb during a game the offense possibly gains an edge.

But do you really think kubiak was going to insert Schaub and not start him the next game.

Unless orders come from the very top, expect kubiak to go with Schaub.

No. Schaub will definitely be the starter. But I don't see how that changes things. We need to draft a QB regardless of how Keenum plays out the rest of the year. Handing him the job is the same thing that got us in trouble with Schaub.

We'll finish with 4-5 wins and Kubiak will be fired. If he's not, then this Schaub vs. Keenum debate is meaningless and we should be having a McNair vs. sanity conversation.

I'm not saying I want Schaub as the starter the rest of the year. That obviously affects the future. What I was trying to say is that inserting Schaub in this game was the best thing for the team to win. Case has done nothing in the 2nd half in 4 games. Schaub led us to yards away from a win.

My point about the future was that if you think Schaub starting the rest of the season means McNair is going to keep Kubiak around then you are deluding yourself. Keenum's development is the only thing that could keep Kubiak around.

Well that's the problem with Schaub, isn't it? He always gets us yards. It's why when this losing began we were a top five offense by yardage. Problem is that's all it is. He doesn't get you touchdowns. Just field goals over and over. In this league you need touchdowns. So basically Schaub=field goal-a-thon.

Schaub's lost the team. They don't believe in him, and it shows. It's frustrating for us as fans to watch Schaub trot back in this game. I'm sure it's equally as frustrating for AJ to see Schaub come back in.

I think this is the dead honest truth. Schaub lost the locker room.

BZTcC2jCAAAE9iE.jpg

Everybody was sure this was gonna be a win....When you're calling for the 3rd string qb....you have no qb on your roster...kubiak has lost the team, Schaub has lost the team keenum can't beat a blitz and the defense is the biggest paper tiger I've seen in a long time...time to clean house...this train wreck of a season can't end fast enough.

Schaub didn't score a TD and Texans lose. End of story. Schaub didn't do anything at the end of the day.

He didnt do anything all day, he threw a bunch of wide open underneath routes that the defense was giving them since they know Schaub wont beat them deep.

I love AJ. He shouldn't have stormed off the field when there's time on the clock. I don't care who you are.

Gonna be an interesting week for sure. I think Case should start since he hasn't done anything to lose it but I honestly don't care who the QB is. This isn't our year. Playing for stats and draft position now.

There was less than 1:20 with only one timeout left.. No possible way for the Texans to get the ball back.

I think this is the dead honest truth. Schaub lost the locker room.

And if Kubiak didn't before, he just lost it. Putting Schaun back in just killed any positive vibe that we had going.

Keenum wasn't very good in this game but putting Schaub back in was a huge, huge mistake.

Well that's the problem with Schaub, isn't it? He always gets us yards. It's why when this losing began we were a top five offense by yardage. Problem is that's all it is. He doesn't get you touchdowns. Just field goals over and over. In this league you need touchdowns. So basically Schaub=field goal-a-thon.

I'm not disagreeing. But what has Case done in the 2nd half the last 4 weeks that makes him the better option?

I know most fans have tuned out mentally and just care about the future. I do too. But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.

I'm not disagreeing. But what has Case done in the 2nd half the last 4 weeks that makes him the better option?

I know most fans have tuned out mentally and just care about the future. I do too. But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.

I realize that. But seeing as (a) I don't see any upside potential in staying with Schaub, (b) I don't think he gives us much better chance to win (if at all) and (c) I don't want to see Kubiak keep his job, I don't like any of it.

:spit:
Keenum has failed Schaub has failed Next man UP LES GO!!!!!!!!!

TJ !!!!

Lol...

Screw it. I don't even care who's qb anymore.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if kubiak is subconciously not giving other qb's a chance to really succeed.

Mike Mgclocen JUST BEAT US !!!!!! JUST torched us

This was his first NFL game ever can u believe that !!!!!!!

Keenum hasn't failed. If he had a new coach then he would have a long leash to learn and get better.

Instead he has a lame duck coach trying to save his job who will risk the future to try and win a couple games and save his job for another year.

I'd like to see him get a shot under a new coaching staff.

I realize that. But seeing as (a) I don't see any upside potential in staying with Schaub, (b) I don't think he gives us much better chance to win (if at all) and (c) I don't want to see Kubiak keep his job, I don't like any of it.

a) There is no upside with Schaub, but that's not the point. If he gets a couple wins and preserves Kubiak's job for another year then Gary is going to play him.

b) I don't either, but I understand why Kubiak did what he did. Case has struggled in the 2nd half so he tried to capture magic in a bottle with Schaub. He almost did.

c) Kubiak should have been fired years ago. That won's stop him from doing everything he can to save it though.

What the he'll has MS done in his whole career

But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.

he's been thinking that about schaub for a long time. that's why you have so many people on here pissed off.

the game was still relatively close. you have to let things play out. you throw case to the 1st place chiefs and colts yet you won't let him finish against the raiders? how long have we given MS?

I can dissect the psychology of this from my couch.

Any normal human being is not going to call out Dre on the sideline in front if everyone. That was a dumb ass thing to do by Matt.

But he's like the spoiled kid or the teachers pet that can do no wrong. So he doesn't do normal things like go talk to Dre one on one or just let it go. Instead he acts like his **** doesn't stink and he goes at the best player the franchise has ever had. The guy who would never call him out even when he's deserved it.

How dare Matt Schaub do such a thing? How could he possibly think for a second that was a good idea?

You know what. Fuk Schaub and fuk kubiak. Fuk them. They are both losers. Fuk them.

But neither did keenum, so what's your point?

Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10. Does Keenum look like an undrafted rookie QB, at some time he does, there is no arguing that,

however Mat Schaub is a 10 year vet, 8 with this system and he looks like an undrafted rookie QB....

I, as a fan, have no problem with Keenum making his mistakes, trial by fire, because for every 1 mistake he makes, he is making 3 good plays. Not saying he is the answer and Keenum has a long way to go to establish himself as a starter, but he defiantly isn't close to being the problem.

Kubiak today was EXACTLY where he needed to be, in the press box, looking like an OC instead of a HC.

a) There is no upside with Schaub, but that's not the point. If he gets a couple wins and preserves Kubiak's job for another year then Gary is going to play him.

b) I don't either, but I understand why Kubiak did what he did. Case has struggled in the 2nd half so he tried to capture magic in a bottle with Schaub. He almost did.

c) Kubiak should have been fired years ago. That won's stop him from doing everything he can to save it though.

A) is the reason this team is where it is now. Short term thinking, everyone trying to save their jobs. I have been saying this for years

Case got us in field goal range against the colts. Bullock missed a few kicks.

But who cares. What has Schaub done with his career? Hell, this season. What has Schaub done? LoL?

It was a bad move going back to Schaub. Now what are you going to do? Start Schaub ? Go back to case?

The team is completely ****ed up now.

keenum hasn't even won a game lol

you are correct, however is that all on Keenum?

Guess I should have worded that better, Keenum has done more in 4 games as a QB and putting his team in a position to win, than Schaub has in the last 10 games...

Keenum, for the most part, has done his job where others have failed miserably...

Yep, because he's the one kicking field goals. In his first 3 starts we had 5 missed field goals and lost all 3 by a combined 7 points.

you are correct, however is that all on Keenum?

Guess I should have worded that better, Keenum has done more in 4 games as a QB and putting his team in a position to win, than Schaub has in the last 10 games...

doing nothing in the 2nd half is not really putting your team in position to win games.

yeah fat aggy has had his problem but keenum also was not able to get the ball in the endzone in the 2nd half of games and had chances to win games on his own.

i like keenum but he is not above criticism.

Case got us in field goal range against the colts. Bullock missed a few kicks.

But who cares. What has Schaub done with his career? Hell, this season. What has Schaub done? LoL?

It was a bad move going back to Schaub. Now what are you going to do? Start Schaub ? Go back to case?

The team is completely ****ed up now.

Of course it was a bad move and of course he's going to stick with Schaub.

What you guys are not acknowledging is that if it saves his job then it will be worth it for him. He doesn't care about the future, he cares about the now.

That's all I'm trying to say. I don't agree with what he did, but I totally understand why he did it.

All this talk about our QB is covering up the biggest issue on the team IMO which is the piss poor defense. Kubes can fuk off and take Wade with him.

yeah fat aggy has had his problem but keenum also was not able to get the ball in the endzone and the 2nd half of games and had chances to win games on his own.

No one wearing a Texans uniform has been able to score TDs or win games in the second half.

Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10. Does Keenum look like an undrafted rookie QB, at some time he does, there is no arguing that,

however Mat Schaub is a 10 year vet, 8 with this system and he looks like an undrafted rookie QB....

I, as a fan, have no problem with Keenum making his mistakes, trial by fire, because for every 1 mistake he makes, he is making 3 good plays. Not saying he is the answer, but he defiantly isn't close to being the problem.

Kubiak today was EXACTLY where he needed to be, in the press box, looking like an OC instead of a HC.

#1...keenum isn't a rookie...#2 what makes you think that keenum was gonna do any more than he's done in the previous 3 games he started? All his games have followed a familiar pattern.....look like Jesus in cleats the 1st half, and then an undrafted 2nd year qb in the 2nd...

another thing peopLe are overlooking is he's turned the ball over pretty regularly in his starts JUST LIKE SCHAUB HAS and those TO's have led to point on the board JUST LIKE SCHAUB's....

I get it, people wanna see something to get excited about...but keenum in the 2nd half has been just as inept as Schaub has. The blueprint is out there for keenum now...I wouldn't expect much more from here from here on out...I mean if the raiders can come in and execute it....The team as a whole stinks...doesn't matter who the qb is....

All this talk about our QB is covering up the biggest issue on the team IMO which is the piss poor defense. Kubes can fuk off and take Wade with him.

Yeah Wade's defense gets worse every year. The man never makes adjustments. Good thing about Wade though is supposedly he was big on drafting JJ Watt...so there is that.

Back