Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NRG Stadium Atmosphere

Mangler

Toro de España
Well, that’s good to hear. I usually go to like 90% of the home games and it’s disappointing to see our crowd so, meh. Especially after traveling to see the Texans (once a year) at an away game and see how other crowds get down for their team.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Well, that’s good to hear. I usually go to like 90% of the home games and it’s disappointing to see our crowd so, meh. Especially after traveling to see the Texans (once a year) at an away game and see how other crowds get down for their team.
It's not the NRG crowd's fault. That predictable shotgun run drives you to drink or sleep.

RGV82

Random guy
This game, 4th Quarter was the loudest NRG Stadium has ever been. It was LOUD and the crowd was INTENSE.

The energy was incredible and it was terrific watching Watt getting the crowd up.
I have never been this worn out after a game before.
Not sure if anyone remembers this game, but I was at the game vs. the Jaguars in 2012 and we came back and won 43-37 in O.T. The game was over 4 hours. We ended up trading field goals in overtime to make it 37-37, and Matt Schaub ended up throwing a 50 yard touchdown to Andre Johnson for the win. That is the loudest I have ever seen Reliant Stadium.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I was at the game and also the Jags game as Andre ran right into us. I would say the yelling for Andre was loud AF, but never have I hear NRG so loud so consistently as yesterday, and it had to be like 35% Bills fans so the Texans fans were finally off their arses! Usually pretty blah fans. My wife was covering her ears and mentioned ear plugs on the way home, so yeah, place was rocking from JJ sack on for sure

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What songs are they playing nowadays?

I know they used to play crazy train on kickoffs. Down with the Sickness & Bulls on Parade a lot.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I don't think the music has changed in years. Kickoff is Thunderstruck, Bulls on Parade when defense comes out, crazy train on kickoffs. They have a little ditty for Mercilus and Turn down for Watt. T-Pain did halftime. The place sucks for acoustics

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I’ve only gone to one game. A while back when Baltimore was in town and we got a sack for a safety. I thought I was going to lose my hearing lol

texanhead08

All Pro
First game in 02 is the standard for me it was nuts the entire night.

Watt pick 6 in the playoffs was also close.

Atlanta game in 2011 it got pretty loud

Case first home start it got loud when he had the 2 long touchdowns to Dre. I remember seeing the vibrations from the noise in my friends beer.

It was loud I took a snapchat video of the sack/intentional grounding play and you can see the people going nuts and I'm in the 500's and they don't stand often and people were standing most of the 4th quarter and overtime especially when we were on defense.