Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Not to be a downer, but...

swisher

Old School
If Davis holds onto the ball, we could be sitting at 4-0 right now. The next big monkey on the Texans back....win a game you're favored to win. After that, the expansion tag OFFICIALLY comes off. Right now its just hanging on by that last thread.

The ironic thing is, if the Titans lose at Green Bay next week on MNF (no stretch of the imagination there, even though the Packers have not looked that good) they go into the Texans game the following week at 1-4. We could go to Nashville and give the Titans a knock-out blow....their 5th loss in 6 games, 3 of them at HOME against division opponents. *IF* (means we probably beat the Vikings or played them close) we are favored in that game, that would be the perfect way to end that last annoying expansion-esque quality the Texans are holding onto.

swisher said:
The next big monkey on the Texans back....win a game you're favored to win. After that, the expansion tag OFFICIALLY comes off. Right now its just hanging on by that last thread.

I don't understand this. So an expansion team can't legitimize themselves by beating better teams? I would think the expansion tag would come off after beating good teams, not crappy ones.

No, this team has always played well against good teams. What they have never done is beaten a team they were supposed to beat. For whatever reason they always have a let down in those games. This to me is the last thing they have yet to prove on the field, the killer instinct to go out and just beat an inferior team.

Back