Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Not soon enough...

My god this waiting is unbearable! Everyday I wake up to the same routine...
Get coffee, get online and hope to get some new news about the only sport that matters... This time before the draft seems neverending. The only thing that keeps me going through this time is all the mindless chitchat going on here on this board. So, here I am adding to the insanity with my two cents.
I think Carr will be great if he gets protection and doesnt crumble everytime he expects to get sacked (like I began to see far too often last season).
I think Davis will be a long time Texans. He is a productive runner, especially when his blocks hold and he's a great reciever out of the backfield.
Everyone knows Johnson is a special player and will continue to be. I've always liked Gaffney, even in his days in Florida. He belongs in the slot though. I dont think he's a solid #2 yet.
Armstrong flashed signs of being a VERY solid reciever last year. There must be something going on off the field, or during practice that is keeping him out of the starting lineup.
The Tightend situation is up in the air. Bruener is a great blocker, but not a very productive reciever. Jopperu is still a rookie 3 years after being drafted. This must change.
I am very hopefull about our offensive line this year. We havent done much to upgrade the possitions as of yet, but there are so many young players on the line that I think expierience will lead to a solid unit more than bringing in 1 beast of a lineman... ala Orlando Pace.

The defense is a big questionmark to me. The defensive line looks very solid on paper. But if any of these players are looking for stats ahead of wins then they are on the wrong team. The defensive line is designed to open up the field for the linebackers in the Texans version of the 3-4. If Payne is back to his old form then that will occupy 2 offensive linemen, leaving only 3 others to block 3 to 4 Texans pass rushers.

I seem to be one of the few people who didnt mind seeing Sharper and Foreman go. I've seen flaws in Sharpers game since day one, they werent very noticable because there were so many flaws all over the field for the Texans. But now that they have improved, Sharpers speed is what got him out of town. I dont know much about Greenwood except that Wandstat said him and Thomas were the only 2 players he could rely on... so this gives me hope. I am a big Peek fan. I think he has a great upside and it's time to give him time on the field to prove himself. Wong is a very solid player and we have a lot invested in Babin. Our linebackers are solid.

The secondary looks good aswell. I love Robinson and Glenn. Coleman did a solid job at freesaftey last year and Glenn Earl steped up nicley and should be playing much better in his second season.

I know this is a lot of mindless rambling but I cant get enough of the Texans. Thank God for football being back in Houston... the season just cant get here soon enough.

is it just me or has this offseason just dragged on slower that usual...and your right this is the only pro sport that matters anymore...baseball is all juiced up...basketball is a joke (ala too many young players out of high school)...and hockey is well non-existant

i can't wait for the draft to get here and for training camp to start

No it's not just you. I don't know about the rest of you but right there at the end of last season when the Texans were withing sniffing distance of a .500 finish it started to dawn on me that this was going to be a long, long offseason. We have something legitimate to look forward to. We're not a weak sister anymore and we have as much chance as anyone in the AFC South to win the division.

A real possibility of a winning season makes the wait harder I think.

i know we've been talking about the playoffs this year but kinda in a tone where if we got there we would still be surprised...i think with the draft just days away now the reality has set in on the possiblity...with carr progressing to a top rated QB in this league, Andre being the TOP young reciever in the game, DD running for another 1,000+ yds again, and our defense getting younger and faster the possibilities are really nice to look at for Houston...it's amazing to think about the possiblity of playoff football back in houston

keyfro said:
is it just me or has this offseason just dragged on slower that usual...and your right this is the only pro sport that matters anymore...baseball is all juiced up...basketball is a joke (ala too many young players out of high school)...and hockey is well non-existant

i can't wait for the draft to get here and for training camp to start

Bout time some of you guys woke up and sniffed the leather!! :) PRO FOOTBALL RULES!! Plain and simple!!

i have 4 texans games recorded from last season and i have watched them WAY to many times this off season, i watch the ones where we shut out the jags A LOT, it makes me feel all warm inside. PLEASE hurry up and get here season of 2005 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I have been having to watch arena football and NFLE games...I just noticed last weekend that in arena football there are only 3 linemen on the offensive line... :wacko:

texan279 said:
I have been having to watch arena football and NFLE games...I just noticed last weekend that in arena football there are only 3 linemen on the offensive line... :wacko:

haha i have never been able to sit and watch an arena football game, i have tried it just doesnt amuse me. I have been watching the Rockets (they get me angry sometimes) and the Astros (terrible opener) and that has been getting me by, and my Recorded tapes :) !

haha i have never been able to sit and watch an arena football game, i have tried it just doesnt amuse me. I have been watching the Rockets (they get me angry sometimes) and the Astros (terrible opener) and that has been getting me by, and my Recorded tapes

I only watched about 5 minutes of that arena football game, fields too short and too much offense for me. It just seems goofy. I been playing PS2 to get me by also...

texan279 said:
I only watched about 5 minutes of that arena football game, fields too short and too much offense for me. It just seems goofy. I been playing PS2 to get me by also...

yeah what do you play madden 05 ? I have it but prefer NFL2k5 just cause it has more up to date in the game stats. I like madden 05 because u have more game play options and control over ur franchise. To be honest with you i'm not big on playing video games but tend to play alot more during off season than any other time !

To me I felt the Titans would be like our arch rivals. They were for me until we beat them last year.

But now after beating them twice im starting to look to the Jags as our arch rivals in the conference, since like us they are a young team that is building things the right way and showing promise.

I look forward to matching up with them 2-3 times a year for the next decade as the colts age, and the titans wallow in the pits of ineptitude.

yeah what do you play madden 05 ? I have it but prefer NFL2k5 just cause it has more up to date in the game stats. I like madden 05 because u have more game play options and control over ur franchise. To be honest with you i'm not big on playing video games but tend to play alot more during off season than any other time !

I play MLB 2K5, NBA 2K5, NFL 2K5, and NAscar 2005 Chase for the Cup all on my PS2...

yeah i felt the same way about the titans until last season, now when i think of jags and titans i see more of a rivalry, it is prollt because they are so arrogant for saying how they didnt consider us as rivals before the game where we shut them out !

Notice how every team that reports as saying negative things gets beat?

I remember Miami opener in '03 they called the game an exhibition.

I would have to say that my favorite season is still the 03 season because there were so many games that were so close. Patriots, Dolphins, Panthers, Titans. Even though we lost a lot of those close dramatic finishes, It made for good game watching.

texan279 said:
I play MLB 2K5, NBA 2K5, NFL 2K5, and NAscar 2005 Chase for the Cup all on my PS2...

yeah i have a lot of 2k5 games also, it may be because they are only 19.99 and all the others are like 49.99, and espn makes some good games.

yeah i have a lot of 2k5 games also, it may be because they are only 19.99 and all the others are like 49.99, and espn makes some good games.

I bought NFL 2K5 the day it came out just because it was 20 bucks, but for 20 bucks you cant beat it IMO, so I bought the others.

For all you video game fans out there.... Im sure you heard that EA bought the rights to the NFL and NFLPA... so the 2k series is dead. ESPN has signed on with EA now. I've always been a big madden fan but i've purchased the last 2 years of nfl 2k. The good things about 2k = the graphics and the gameplay looks more realistic. But madden has it on controll, stats, player ratings and just about everything else, except for graphics. The way I look at it is... 2k5 = Checkers, Madden = chess... oh yeah.. and anyone in the clear lake area who thinks they can bring it in Madden.. and is willing to put their money where their mouth is... just drop me a line.

Back