Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Not big on the "apparent" conservative play...

OzzO

.. and then?
in the 2nd half with what seemed to be a "hold a 3 point lead" and then the prevent D on the tacks last push....

BUT #$@#$ WE BEAT EM!!!!! :headbang:

The team looked good to me.

Sometimes you have to give up the middle of the field so you don't give up the score. Field position was critical in this game and taking chances may not have won this game.

"hold a 3 point lead" translates to being unable to effectively run the ball, which allows the defensive front to tee off on Carr in passing situations.

Like Emeril says, "it ain't rocket science".

The runing game was of limited quanity today, but was enough to keep the Titans halfway honest. The O-line didn't do as good of a job at run blocking as they have in other games, but seemed to do a FAIR job of pass blocking partularly since it seemed the Titans knew what we were doing on each play. Still not what they need to be for us to be successfull long term.

I don't think the team went to the infamous "hold that 3 point lead" strategy in the second half. I think the Titans defense was playing hard today and they did a good job. It was the kind of performance we Texans fans should be able to appreciate because we've seen the D go out and do that before when the offense just kept making mistakes and giving the ball back to the other team.

The Texans offense did a good job today against a Titans defense that was playing it's tail off. I give credit to the Texans that they managed to get 7 in the fourth quarter which was all I really wanted to see in that long second half. One more score (TD, not FG) to put that game farther out of Steve McNair's reach. He scares me when the lead's less than a touchdown.

20 points on offense - 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, good enough

would it be better to be less conservative (I'm not saying we were) and have 4 Int (see: McNair)

0 points on defense in the second half for the Texans for a second game (remember the Raiders)

Hervoyel said:
I don't think the team went to the infamous "hold that 3 point lead" strategy in the second half. I think the Titans defense was playing hard today and they did a good job. It was the kind of performance we Texans fans should be able to appreciate because we've seen the D go out and do that before when the offense just kept making mistakes and giving the ball back to the other team.

The Texans offense did a good job today against a Titans defense that was playing it's tail off. I give credit to the Texans that they managed to get 7 in the fourth quarter which was all I really wanted to see in that long second half. One more score (TD, not FG) to put that game farther out of Steve McNair's reach. He scares me when the lead's less than a touchdown.

Yeah what he said. :thumbup

Mistril48 said:
20 points on offense - 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, good enough

would it be better to be less conservative (I'm not saying we were) and have 4 Int (see: McNair)

0 points on defense in the second half for the Texans for a second game (remember the Raiders)

well... it's kinda a "given answer" to prefer turnovers or conservative..... As my "style" of watching games is to just get into the moment without analyzing too much. That said, it just seemed the TEXANS moved a bit more in the first half than second.

Maybe like Hervoyal said the Titans defense is that good... but I'm just sure if they're THAT good (though they did a number on GB last week... but this year for the cheeseheads, doesn't seem like that's saying much).

Ah, forget it. We friggin' beat the Titans for the 1st time.... on their turf. :headbang:

The only conservative play that bothered me was the sweep play on 3rd and six. Other than that thought it was a great second half.

V Man said:
The only conservative play that bothered me was the sweep play on 3rd and six. Other than that thought it was a great second half.

I didn't mind them calling a running play. It was the type of play that bothered me. Anyway, a draw play in that situation would've been much better. The rest of the playcalling was great imo.

I think the Texans gave a totally different look on both sides of the ball and that's what gave them the chance to win!

Congrats Texans and my fellow Texans fans!!! :headbang:

dmt217 said:
I didn't mind them calling a running play. It was the type of play that bothered me. Anyway, a draw play in that situation would've been much better. The rest of the playcalling was great imo.

That is what I was talking about, not that it is a running play but more like the type.

Back