Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No more Reliant Leap!?!?!?!?!?!?

Fiddy

All Pro
eek: Just heard it on FSN, said it could be a thing of the past. I will post why when they talk about it....

Man that would suck. Are they getting rid of the Lambeau Leap too? Is it a new NFL rule or is it just something our team is doing?

I heard tha the NFL said that only the player who scores the TD can make the Reliant Leap. No one else is allowed to jump into the stands.

So if Carr throws a TD pass to Johnson he can't celebrate with him like he did the last couple years? Even if neither of them do the Reliant Leap?

Yep, thats right. Only the player that scores can jump into the stands. So Carr can only jump in if he runs for a TD. No Fun League :mad:

texasguy346 said:
So if Carr throws a TD pass to Johnson he can't celebrate with him like he did the last couple years? Even if neither of them do the Reliant Leap?

Actually I don't think that is correct. They don't want (a) props, (b) pre-planned celebrations (evidently even those supporting their rules by mocking pre-planned celebrations) and (c) excessive group celebrations. JMO, but I don't think any hankies will fly if Carr runs down the field and picks up AJ or whoever scores the TD, high fives, whatever so long as it doesn't take long and appears spontaneous.

infantrycak said:
Actually I don't think that is correct. They don't want (a) props, (b) pre-planned celebrations (evidently even those supporting their rules by mocking pre-planned celebrations) and (c) excessive group celebrations. JMO, but I don't think any hankies will fly if Carr runs down the field and picks up AJ or whoever scores the TD, high fives, whatever so long as it doesn't take long and appears spontaneous.

No matter how spontaneous it may look there is a 99% chance that the act was thought out prior to the moment. Even if it was a slight thought.

rittenhouserobz said:
No matter how spontaneous it may look there is a 99% chance that the act was thought out prior to the moment. Even if it was a slight thought.

True, otherwise you would hit the wall rather than jump I guess, but what is your point? The NFL reviewed film of various celebrations and back when the decision was being made on this seemed to be pretty clear that what they were getting at were TO, Chad Johnson, Joe Horn prop gags (have to be pre-planned to have the props available) and choreographed group dances/hand grenade gigs, etc. that obviously involve group agreement/practice prior to the game. I don't think this is going to affect players high fiving, jumping on each other in the end-zone, jumping into the stands (unless they several line up to do it simultaneously) so other than mocking Joe Horn shouldn't effect the Texans.

hate to admit it but ................

the Rams' handgrenade post TD celebration was hilarious. That offence WAS explosive!

Carr said he would wait in line until after the 1st guy gets done, then they could all jump in 1 by 1.

OK, maybe I should take everything back from above about the NFL officials having any rationality on celebrations. If the Ravens/Falcons game was any indication this is the solo fun league or no fun league. Ravens' receiver catches TD, throws ball into ground, then another Raven runs up and jumps in his arms for all of 1 second, clearly unplanned--result, out came the hanky. That's excessive celebration???? How about a high five? What next--"hey man, good play"--hanky time? I really hope this ref didn't read the memo or something because that is not the way the NFL described the new rule after the owners' meeting.

infantrycak said:
OK, maybe I should take everything back from above about the NFL officials having any rationality on celebrations. If the Ravens/Falcons game was any indication this is the solo fun league or no fun league. Ravens' receiver catches TD, throws ball into ground, then another Raven runs up and jumps in his arms for all of 1 second, clearly unplanned--result, out came the hanky. That's excessive celebration???? How about a high five? What next--"hey man, good play"--hanky time? I really hope this ref didn't read the memo or something because that is not the way the NFL described the new rule after the owners' meeting.

I only saw a bit of the game, but if your description is true, that is WEAK
:thumbdown :crazy: :mad:

I agree that it wasnt a wild celebration. But maybe you can think that the refs are getting serious on it in preseason so that the players don't go wild during the regular season. Just kinda showing the players that they will call it but not as soon as they did the other night. Just a little warning.

Huge said:
Sorry...but big effin' deal.
There is no need to be jealous because our players are more fan friendly and are more athletic than yours...

And you also may be mad that the first Reliant Leap came against your 'Boys...

Yeah...that's it. I'm jealous that the fans/players in Houston copied what was created in Green Bay. :rolleyes:

But I do find it funny that so many are quick to point out how "classy" Barry Sanders was for always handing the ball back to the official after his TDs but they get their panties in a wad over stuff like this.

Back