Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

No I wasn’t. I’m just not as informed on the topic as the others. They clarified for me so I’m on the same page now. Either way, it doesn’t change my position on Caserio. He’s been our saving grace since day one.
I see now after reading all the comments. Yes he’s been a beast at his job. But he had nothing to do with convincing the Browns to pay that massive stupid amount to Watson. Acting out of desperation caused the Browns to pull the trigger

I see now after reading all the comments. Yes he’s been a beast at his job. But he had nothing to do with convincing the Browns to pay that massive stupid amount to Watson. Acting out of desperation caused the Browns to pull the trigger
You know what the most important thing Caserio did in regards to the Watson trade buildup? He didn't devalue the product. Nick didn't disparage the player. He didn't disparage the agent. He didn't fine the player or try to turn the situation into a media circus. And further more, Caserio never has. It's business and it's about business. And that's why when it came time to select CJ Stroud as the Texans franchise QB, Stroud's agent was not an issue.

In retrospect, the Texans and Texans fans owe Nick Caserio. Big time.

You know what the most important thing Caserio did in regards to the Watson trade buildup? He didn't devalue the product. Nick didn't disparage the player. He didn't disparage the agent. He didn't fine the player or try to turn the situation into a media circus. And further more, Caserio never has. It's business and it's about business. And that's why when it came time to select CJ Stroud as the Texans franchise QB, Stroud's agent was not an issue.

Hey now, lest we forget who got us here with Nicky C right? He who shall not be named! He who wiped that Khan signature off the line and said “Cal my brother, let’s saddle up that G5 and go grab my boy”. What a weird world we live in…..

He has done a fantastic job and I hope he wants to stay - with Demeco coaching the team, CJ under center and Nick looking after business, Texans have a very very bright future.

Did Nick take the day off? Inquiring minds well you know the drill.

Not a ton of hot free agents left, teams have made their splashes so the guys left they can afford to wait on to see who gets cut and what the draft starts shaping up to look like. The feeding fenzy is over so now it's just sitting back with after dinner drinks and deciding how much they want to commit to this year and how much they want to save for next year. Personally I think there will be a push this year but the real major push where they really go all in is next year.

Not a ton of hot free agents left, teams have made their splashes so the guys left they can afford to wait on to see who gets cut and what the draft starts shaping up to look like. The feeding fenzy is over so now it's just sitting back with after dinner drinks and deciding how much they want to commit to this year and how much they want to save for next year. Personally I think there will be a push this year but the real major push where they really go all in is next year.
Okay.. did Nick take off today?

I'm just glad the Texans are no longer one of the laughing stocks of the league. If things work out the way they seem to be going we are on track to see an historic run for Houston football. I'm surprised that I lived long enough to see it.
We are finally a city with REAL athletic power. The Astros being an active dynasty and the Texans rockin' some savvy cojones. The Rockets, Comets, and Aeros dont count as those were short-lived. It's wild. I cant wait to be the most hated team like the Astros are and the Patriots. Oh oh.. the Cougars too! God I love winning!

We are finally a city with REAL athletic power. The Astros being an active dynasty and the Texans rockin' some savvy cojones. The Rockets, Comets, and Aeros dont count as those were short-lived. It's wild. I cant wait to be the most hated team like the Astros are and the Patriots. Oh oh.. the Cougars too! God I love winning!
Agreed, it should always be about winning and not about being liked or Not Texans Worthy.

f834b89fd5f5806832be051ca67b53d3.jpg

Nick Caserio letting you know how big his balls are to make the fans, coach and owner happy.

Still relevant.

Trust in the vest.

Knew exactly what he was looking for & got it in Stefon Diggs?

Why would the Texans trade for Allen? Houston is looking for a specific pass-catching weapon for quarterback C.J. Stroud, according to Wilson, who added that the team is not interested in others such as Buffalo Bills receiver Stefon Diggs and 49ers wideout Deebo Samuel because of salary cap restrictions.

Houston offered Los Angeles a 2025 third-round pick as well as a pick swap for Allen and was willing to take on his $18.1 million base salary and $5 million roster bonus to facilitate the trade, according to KPRC 2’s Aaron Wilson. The Texans then planned to sign Allen to an extension.

So... wanted Allen specifically. Didn't want Diggs, but offered Buffalo more than LA.

So... wanted Allen specifically. Didn't want Diggs, but offered Buffalo more than LA.

Only reason it says they didn't want Diggs was salary cap issues. Bills not trading till after they have to eat the dead money and then reworking the contract to be 1 years took care of that.

When I think about this it appears to me Plan B turned out to be so better than plan A.

The biggest difference to me is that the Plan A players don’t seem to have as many character questions as the plan B group.

I didn't post any tweets.

The post you replied to was a tweet or X or whatever you want to call it. The next two you posted, I assumed were the same but one was from Aaron Wilson. Call them whatever you want but it did seem you were saying Diggs wasn't what Caserio said he wanted. That's the way I read your post. Correct me if I am wrong.

The post you replied to was a tweet or X or whatever you want to call it. The next two you posted, I assumed were the same but one was from Aaron Wilson. Call them whatever you want but it did seem you were saying Diggs wasn't what Caserio said he wanted. That's the way I read your post. Correct me if I am wrong.
Just like Mixon was the backup plan for Barkley, Diggs was the backup plan for Allen.

I am hoping that this backup plan works out as well as the backup plan that got us CJ Stroud.

Well, the Texans were the backup plan to the Oilers…

Andre Johnson fell to us after Rodgers (?) was taken before him. Demeco Ryans wasn’t supposed to fall to us. And was the third coach hired in 3 years.

Hannah is Cal’s second wife…

The plan A’s of David Carr, Mario Williams and Jadeveon Clowney didn’t work out.

I am sensing a pattern.

So maybe we should never go with Plan A?

Well, the Texans were the backup plan to the Oilers…

Andre Johnson fell to us after Rodgers (?) was taken before him. Demeco Ryans wasn’t supposed to fall to us. And was the third coach hired in 3 years.

Hannah is Cal’s second wife…

The plan A’s of David Carr, Mario Williams and Jadeveon Clowney didn’t work out.

I am sensing a pattern.

So maybe we should never go with Plan A?

Don’t forget JJ Watt was the backup plan when Aldon Smith was taken before him!

Call them whatever you want but it did seem you were saying Diggs wasn't what Caserio said he wanted. That's the way I read your post. Correct me if I am wrong.
Correct, that is what I'm saying was reported. The Aaron Wilson article says as much I think he quoted a Schefter tweet.

What similarities do you see between Keenan Allen & Diggs?

Last edited:
I don't think Allen ran a 4.7 40 when he came out (maybe now), but it shows how little that means in finding a role in the NFL. Dude has over 10k yards and has caught over 100 balls in 5 seasons.

Did I read somewhere that the shuttle cone matters more because that has a higher
correlation of WRs being able to get separation?

How many WRs did the Raiders go through because they were fast? But ultimately they couldn’t catch consistently. Or something along those lines.

Back