Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL on Satellite Radio

HalfBack24

Practice Squad
Anyone have any details of Sirius Satellite Radio playing all NFL games. Is this satellite radio stuff good. Is it worth it? I love the Texans but now live in Boston.

HalfBack

I don't have it but if you're willing to spend some money, go for NFL sunday ticket through your cable provider. Not only will you get to see Texans' games, but you'll get too see every other game played in the league. I think it runs around 150 - 200 bucks.

I would love to have DirectTV but i don't have that kinda cash. Does that include other channels as well or is that just Sunday Ticket. Cost of living in boston is one of the worst in the country. Sucks! I just moved into a one bedroom apartment cause I can't stand having a roommate anymore, and rent here for a one bedroom is anywhere from $900-$1200 bucks a month. Mine is $1100 bucks. Add utilites, cable, DSL, Groceries, Loans, Credit Cards, Car Insurance, and Gas, and you have one broke Texas fan. DON'T MOVE TO BOSTON. IT'S TO EXPENSIVE!! :(

This Sirius Satellite Radio is offering streaming stats, scores, and player updates (which satifies my addiction to fanasty football) on all games for only $10 bucks a month (unless there are some hidden fees). I have heard nothing but positive things about Sunday Ticket but it is really out of my budget. And at that price, it would mean cutting out food and my game day six pack! I noticed Sirius Satellite Radio while browsing the web and it works into my budget. I just need to know if anyone uses it and/or likes it.

Thanks for the response JD,

HalfBack24

1100 bucks a month for an APARTMENT?!?!?!

Mine is 459 dollars a month! You need to put in for a transfer or something dude, you're getting the shaft!

Yeah, it's crazy. The pay is better, but the housing market is one on the worst in the nation from a buyers perspective.

JackDizzle said:
1100 bucks a month for an APARTMENT?!?!?!

Mine is 459 dollars a month! You need to put in for a transfer or something dude, you're getting the shaft!

459 bucks for a month for an APARTMENT?!?!?!?!?!

Dude, I hope your shotgun is loaded and you have insurance on your valuables. :hehe:

Just kidding, but that seems too inexpensive or I'm getting the shaft as well.

HalfBack24 said:
I would love to have DirectTV but i don't have that kinda cash. Does that include other channels as well or is that just Sunday Ticket. Cost of living in boston is one of the worst in the country. Sucks! I just moved into a one bedroom apartment cause I can't stand having a roommate anymore, and rent here for a one bedroom is anywhere from $900-$1200 bucks a month. Mine is $1100 bucks. Add utilites, cable, DSL, Groceries, Loans, Credit Cards, Car Insurance, and Gas, and you have one broke Texas fan. DON'T MOVE TO BOSTON. IT'S TO EXPENSIVE!! :(

This Sirius Satellite Radio is offering streaming stats, scores, and player updates (which satifies my addiction to fanasty football) on all games for only $10 bucks a month (unless there are some hidden fees). I have heard nothing but positive things about Sunday Ticket but it is really out of my budget. And at that price, it would mean cutting out food and my game day six pack! I noticed Sirius Satellite Radio while browsing the web and it works into my budget. I just need to know if anyone uses it and/or likes it.

Thanks for the response JD,

HalfBack24
I was in the same boat last year here in Florida--no way in the WORLD that a Texans game would get on the air here. (Even the sports bars would switch their Sunday Ticket TVs away from Houston games to add screens for Dolphins games.) DirecTV wasn't an option and it's the only way to get Sunday Ticket.

So I ordered NFL Field Pass online from Real Networks. I think it cost $35 for the whole season, and gave me all the live radio feeds from all 32 teams via internet. Except for some screwups from the Texans' side of the broadcast early in the season, it worked GREAT...and gave me a chance to switch broadcast crews and hear the other team's crew talk about something that happened in the game. I left my TV on the local CBS affiliate, and major plays would pop up on "Game Break" when they happened.

It wasn't perfect, but it's how I survived last season! This year I'm biting the bullet and getting the dish...

Back