Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL fans are becoming increasingly jealous of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
NFL fans are becoming increasingly jealous of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the single-hottest team in the league heading into the 2020 season and nothing will be cooling them down any time soon.

The Buccaneers made a major splash when they signed QB Tom Brady to a two-year, $50 million deal earlier this offseason and followed that up with a trade to get his former teammate Rob Gronkowski.

Not only did the Buccaneers make these two major additions, they also had one of the better 2020 NFL Draft performances and did an excellent job keeping their defensive front-seven intact for the upcoming season.

This team is really starting to look good on both sides of the ball. I still suspect some trades to take place right before or during the season to strengthen this roster even more. They're going to need it with San Francisco looking so strong and the Saints getting a little better.

As a fan of the NFL, I look forward to watching the Bucs this season.

As a default-by-city Texans fan, I look forward to watching the Bucs this season. :cowboy1:

You sort of always been a closet Brady fan though. (I won't tell anyone.) :)

I couldn't believe how certain people were telling me that the Bucs couldn't be a destination months ago when I was looking at the receiving core there, and I didn't even know they had Scotty Miller who I just found out about. This guy already got his rookie season out the way learning some here and there and could become Brady's next Edelman/Welker possibly in the slot Check this guy out and his speed. He has more talent than both actually.

You sort of always been a closet Brady fan though. (I won't tell anyone.) :)

Nah, I've always been open about my admiration for Brady. He was always the counter-balance to Manning, who I didn't care for as a division rival.

Being at Texans home games during blowouts while Manning threw even more TD passes in the 4th quarter to pad his records left a sour taste in my mouth as a fan.

I've actually been rooting for Brady from the beginning, in 2001, when he came in for an injured Bledsoe. That was the first weekend of football after 09/11. I always liked Brady's story - 6th round pick to champion - and his professionalism and epic clutch gene has always been a joy to watch as a football fan. He epitomizes everything that Houston has never had, and in 2001, when we still didn't have a team, we were 'free agent' fans rooting for different teams every year.

Funny thing is one of my sons and my drummer were Brady haters. Over the years, they finally realized that they were wrong, and now both of them want Bucs t-shirts. :highfive:

Being at Texans home games during blowouts while Manning threw even more TD passes in the 4th quarter to pad his records left a sour taste in my mouth as a fan.
Manning threw more TD passes against the Texans (48) than any other team. One of those things you probably didn't know for a fact, but just knew.

Peyton threw 14 4th quarter TDs against the Texans. Of first 11, 9 came with the Texans tied or leading the game. The last 3 4th quarter TDs is what you're thinking about. Week 15 2013 in (then) Reliant Stadium. I was there with vendor provided club level tickets.

By the 4th quarter, the building was half empty. It had just gotten very windy in the stadium. Manning was 3 TDs away from breaking Brady's single season TD pass record of 50. The Texans were only down a FG, but it seemed more. Manning's 1st TD pass provided a 10 point lead. The next 2 tied, then passed Brady. Yes, he was running up the lead and going for stats. But, that was really the only time he did that against the Texans.

I can’t speak for him, but I absolutely love Brady. There was a time when I hated him, I was in the Manning camp.

But time has shown us how great the GOAT is, totally apart from Manning.

He does it right on the field & off.

I can understand why certain fans hate certain players when they get sick of them winning and beating their teams. I think every fan knows that feeling to some degree. I hated Manning for those same reasons being a Texans fan and also because he was Tom's biggest rivalry. They had so many great battles between the Colts and the Broncos. Brady/Manning is the best and my favorite rivalry ever. Also, now that Manning is long retired I can appreciate him a lot. I enjoy watching him on commercials and when he gives his analysis. It was the same way with Elway when he played. Then my hate for him came right back when he built up those stacked Denver teams with Manning on there as well. Elway became a pain in the ass again for like 5 years. I've enjoyed watching the broncos flatline ever since with not having a franchise QB. But now that Mahomes is so good and the chiefs are loaded, I sort of want to see the Broncos give them some competition.

PS: Maybe you'll be able to enjoy some of these Bucs games like us this year. I admit that I'm a bandwagon fan for them obviously, but I really like this team and roster with Brady and Gronk over there and everyone else they had and added in the off season.

Nah, I've always been open about my admiration for Brady. He was always the counter-balance to Manning, who I didn't care for as a division rival.

I've actually been rooting for Brady from the beginning, in 2001, when he came in for an injured Bledsoe. That was the first weekend of football after 09/11. I always liked Brady's story - 6th round pick to champion - and his professionalism and epic clutch gene has always been a joy to watch as a football fan. He epitomizes everything that Houston has never had, and in 2001, when we still didn't have a team, we were 'free agent' fans rooting for different teams every year.

Funny thing is one of my sons and my drummer were Brady haters. Over the years, they finally realized that they were wrong, and now both of them want Bucs t-shirts. :highfive:

That was how I became a fan. We didn't have our team, and I enjoyed Brady's story as the underdog that year, but at first I thought they were doing Bledsoe wrong until I kept watching Brady. I enjoyed watching how he could spread the ball around to so many receivers per game with very little talent. I kept thinking they were toast in each playoff game that year, and they just kept winning and ultimately won the SB. I never thought they'd win a single one of those games. The next year was the only year Brady didn't make the playoffs but they still went 9-7 and I had hoped he'd stay as their QB and keep getting better. The rest was history obviously. Brady continued to get better and was always a likable personality to me. I eventually started liking a lot of different Pats players like Rodney Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, Troy Brown and others.

Did you peep out Scotty Miller?

As a real fan of the Bucs I will just say that things are going to get very ugly around here if this whole thing doesn't work. Winning the offseason rarely brings real success. However, that said, if Brady can be half of what he has been with the Patriots (most importantly not being a turnover machine), the Bucs will be competitive. Take away 10 of Winston's 30 INTs last year and they were probably in the playoffs. The whole Super Bowl thing is a stretch though. There are a lot of young guys in key positions especially on defense.

Let's talk real life. IF Brady can play a minimal amount better than last year and stay healthy. I don't see him tossing 30 INTs like Winston did last year. Meaning you should start to feel like they are going to be very good. Seeing even with all the picks (30) last year...the Bucs were in most games to the end. And with Gronk and others joining the team (if they stay healthy) they have some great weapons on offense and good players on D. And while Gronk is not as young and healthy, I think he has some nagging issues that will cost some him some games. He is still a nightmare for DBs and LBs.

Let's talk real life. IF Brady can play a minimal amount better than last year and stay healthy. I don't see him tossing 30 INTs like Winston did last year. Meaning you should start to feel like they are going to be very good. Seeing even with all the picks (30) last year...the Bucs were in most games to the end. And with Gronk and others joining the team (if they stay healthy) they have some great weapons on offense and good players on D. And while Gronk is not as young and healthy, I think he has some nagging issues that will cost some him some games. He is still a nightmare for DBs and LBs.

Gronk doesn't have to be stud all season. He just needs to be an effective situational football player when they need him. They already have Brate and Howard at TE which gives them great versatility in case someone gets injured and where they can run two TE sets effectively if they want to. They have strong potential at WR with their 3rd and 4th string guys as well.

Back