Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Day 3: Rounds 4-7

Do you think Jaiquawn Jarrett is a 4th round safety? Maybe we can pick him up. I've heard good things about him.

My safety list right now is:

1. Tyler Sash, SS
2. Deandre McDaniel, S
3. Ahmad Black, SS
4. Robert Sands, S
5. Deunta Willians, FS
6. Joe Lefeged, SS
7. RIchard Sherman, CB/FS
8. Jerrard Tarrant, S
9. Shiloh Keo, SS
10. Jermale Hines

And then you've got board favorites like Chris Prosinski.

Also, remember, according to the DB coach, we're back to 2 interchangeable safeties instead of having a FS/SS setup. So I'm just looking at all safeties and not restricting myself to FS.

S Quinton Carter to Broncos. So Broncos nab Carter and Rahim Moore

I wonder if after the lockout ends, the Texans and Denver make some trades. Arent they switching to a 4-3 and us to a 3-4? Shouldnt that mean both teams are going to cut players that dont fit? Maybe we trade Amobi and a draft pick for a nose or safety that they have.

Also, remember, according to the DB coach, we're back to 2 interchangeable safeties instead of having a FS/SS setup. So I'm just looking at all safeties and not restricting myself to FS.

From what the coaches said about needing guys that can cover I think you might still need to limit it to free safety types.

I want Ahmad Black now with our 4th round pick. That is who I am hopeful for, then take Casey Matthews with a 5th if he drops that far. Fingers crossed

Texans runaway winner in ESPN poll of who had best draft through first 2 rounds of the AFCS teams.

Eagles select Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon

I really like Brandon Burton too & with the players coming off the board between picks he is fast becoming BPA. He is very much in the Glover Quinn mold, tough, competitive, excellent special teams performer, who could also move to FS
brandon-burton.jpg

I really like Brandon Burton too & with the players coming off the board between picks he is fast becoming BPA. He is very much in the Glover Quinn mold, tough, competitive, excellent special teams performer, who could also move to FS
brandon-burton.jpg

Right now, my straight up board is:

Brandon Burton
Davon House
Tyler Sash
Quan Sturdivant
Tandon Doss

I'd pass. He just did not impress me at all last year.

Just to keep in mind, last year his coaches tried to turn him into a gap shooter ratehr than let him be the big immovable object he is. Year before when the coaches played to his strengths he was a top notch NT prospect.

Just to keep in mind, last year his coaches tried to turn him into a gap shooter ratehr than let him be the big immovable object he is. Year before when the coaches played to his strengths he was a top notch NT prospect.

true but what about Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Mississippi in the 5th?

But this brings up the "scheme" question.

From what I've been hearing, Wade almost wants 3 DL that are similar along the front shooting gaps.

If that's the case, Powe may not fit the scheme.

brandon-burton.jpg
Agreed

Back