Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL.com 4 Round Mock (Texans trade back, 5 QBs in top 14)

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
From Chad Reuter. I had to give this a chuckle, though I know some here will find this realistic.

Texans's take:

1:8 From Atlanta - Kayvon Thibodeaux - Edge
1:13 From Cleveland - Derek Stingley - CB
2:37 - Kenyon Green - OG
2:43 From Atlanta - Kenneth Walker - RB
3:68 - Calvin Austin - WR
3:80 - Verone McKinley - S
4:107 - Josh Paschal - DL
4:108 - Rasheed Walker - OT

Not a fan of many of these picks in this mock. But it is a good template of players that may be available in these spots.

From Chad Reuter. I had to give this a chuckle, though I know some here will find this realistic.

Texans's take:

Not a fan of many of these picks in this mock. But it is a good template of players that may be available in these spots.
Very interesting. Travon Walker goes at 4, ahead of Neal.

Texans get what was the consensus best player in the draft when the season ended.

Texans's take:

Not a fan of the picks, I am a fan of the trade down. In my trade down with ATL I sent ATL #80 in exchange for 1st RD in 2023.

Here's a rule of thumb for picking up future 1st rounders. Rebuilding teams like Falcons don't trade future 1sts just for a move up. Those that think they're a player away might. Like the Cowboys, Cards, Bills, and Chiefs.
The article itself had ATL trading their 2023 1st RD pick to HOU. "the Falcons find their future starter by trading up for Pickett, giving up a 2023 first-round pick as well as a second- and fourth-rounder this year".

I don't know about the rule of thumb in this situation but I've always subscribed to: In desperate times, desperate people, will do desperate things. (Jimmy Haslam) Moreso with QBs.

That aside I can see I can see Chad Reuter's trade up scenarios a very strong possibility.

Last edited:
None of these QB’s are top 10 worthy, but doesn’t mean teams won’t talk themselves into one.

Doubt Texans have KT on their board? Needs right culture fit, winning franchise that can afford to trade up.

Pretty sure Texans would take Ickey or Sauce in this scenario.
Think Jordan Davis to Texans #13 is a virtual lock.

Chargers would pass on Wyatt to address RT with Cross.

None of these QB’s are top 10 worthy, but doesn’t mean teams won’t talk themselves into one.

Doubt Texans have KT on their board? Needs right culture fit, winning franchise that can afford to trade up.

It's looking more like Sauce to me and that is the best outcome for mine.
This draft is deep in DBs and D in general but Gardner is special and I think we can get a very good Oline man and Dlineman further down the board.
This draft is also deep at receiver so that can wait as well.

What’s with the “Jordan Davis to the to the Texans” a virtual lock?

Texans's take:

I think I see your first chuckle - KT at #8. Won't happen.
If we pick at #8, it will be Kyle Hamilton.
Second chuckle is absolutely no way Kenyon Green falls to #37.

We really really need to trade out of three. If we stay it has to be ikwanu or gardener. If we’re able to trade down hopefully it’s it’s not to far and one of them make it to us.

13 to me is interesting because so much depends on who we go with first and who falls. I think there is a good chance one or more of Hamilton, Thibodeaux, Wilson, London, Johnson ll or Cross fall to 13.

Cross may be the most underrated player in this draft. All this BS about him not being a good run blocker is well, BS. He didn’t have to run block a lot but when he did it was quality run blocking. And he’s no softy either like Tunsil. He’s very aggressive and physical. Honestly I think he good enough to ho ahead of Neal or Akwanu. His pass blocking is the best in this draft and as I stated before his run blocking is more than effective. to me he is one of the safest picks in this draft.

Johnson11 is another one that is underrated. I think he has a legit shot down the road of being the best edge rusher to come out of this draft.

players I would stay away from Hamilton, Thibodaeux, Stingley Jr.

Hamilton. It’s not that i think he’s not a good player. I just believe he needs to go to a team with a creative DC that can utilize him unique ways for him to live up to his pre draft hype. I don’t see him being a game changer in the traditional safety role.

Thibodaeux, again it’s not that I think he’s not good. Probably the most talented player in this draft. It’s just that little black cloud that’s following him around this process that makes me nervous. CLowney 2.0? I’m taking Johnson 11, Hutchinson and Walker over him.

Stingley, great player but the injury history and the talent in this CB class man! I’m taking McDuffie, Booth and Gordon over him.

Chad Reuter's 4 round mock 2.0

Here's the Texans selections:

1.3 Icky Ekwonu - OT - NC State
1.13 Jermaine Johnson - Edge - FSU
2.37 Breece Hall - RB - Iowa State
3.68 John Metchie - WR - Alabama
3.80 Cam Taylor-Britt - CB - Nebraska
4.107 Bryan Cook - SS - Cincinnati
4.108 Isaiah Likely - TE - Coastal Carolina

It's a solid mock, though I would have gone with different WR & TE (Jalen Tolbert & Cade Otton).

Back