Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

New rookie cards?

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
Okay, we haven't really anything else to talk about so I thought I'd bring this up.

Since I was able to have the honor of seeing this team be built from the beginning, I made it my hobby to collect all The Texans' first round draft picks rookie card and of course maybe any other Texan rookie that has made a huge contribution to the team in their rookie season. I have Carr and David. Looking for Davis and now Robinson, and Babin.

Does anyone know anything about cards and when I could expect these to come out?

El Tejano said:
Okay, we haven't really anything else to talk about so I thought I'd bring this up.

Since I was able to have the honor of seeing this team be built from the beginning, I made it my hobby to collect all The Texans' first round draft picks rookie card and of course maybe any other Texan rookie that has made a huge contribution to the team in their rookie season. I have Carr and David. Looking for Davis and now Robinson, and Babin.

Does anyone know anything about cards and when I could expect these to come out?

lucky I want a David Carr ROY card and a Adnre card

Man, if there is a rookie card I want it is DDavis' card. I went to the Jville game last year and I had an opportunity to get David Carr's autograph on his rookie card but right before he got to me (I mean he was signing the peron if front of me stuff) the alarm rang for all the players to go back into the locker room. I was so upset because I came all the way from Austin to get his autograph and still no avail.

Let me tell you, it is not as easy to get these autographs like it was to get the Oilers. Especially since the Oilers training camp was open to the public at no price and only like 20 people would attend. He He Ha Ha!!

If I want to start collecting the Texans cards, which brand would you recommend?
Saw several David Carr Rookie cards on EBay, what is a good price for one?

I am still a big fan of Topps. Seems like those have more value and they just look more authentic. But if you're looking to impress the actual player when you're getting his card signed, I recommend something that really puts gloss to the picture and stuff, like Beckett.

I would really like to get a Domanick Davis card that has his senior bowl jersey on it since that is where we pretty much drafted him from.

El Tejano said:
I am still a big fan of Topps. Seems like those have more value and they just look more authentic. But if you're looking to impress the actual player when you're getting his card signed, I recommend something that really puts gloss to the picture and stuff, like Beckett.

Thanks for the help.

i've been getting every years 1st rounder rookie card off of the texan's store since we started...they come in a nice hard plastic cover...rather do that then hope to find them in the packs of cards...i got andre, joppru, and carr...waiting on davis...will probably get robinson and babin when they come out...it is really difficult to get the autographs...it's definetly not like the old days(from what i've been told) where the players were always available for autographs

V Man said:
Beckett vs Upper Deck

If you had to choose?

I would go with Upper Deck now that I think of it. Real creative stuff.

Keyfro, it is not like the old days. I remember even the morning practice was open to the public and one time I was the only fan there for the Oilers. I became real cool friends with Al Smith and I even gave him one of his rookie cards that I had doubles of because he didn't even know he had a rookie card.

Sometimes I wish the Texans would go back to this for the offseason practices but then again I realize we have to pay for this team and all its beautifu facilites somehow and I also realize how fresh this team is and all the potential they posses at this time.

Back