25 Atlanta Brian Cushing LB Southern California
26 Miami B.J. Raji DT Boston College
27 Baltimore *D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt
28 Philadelphia (from Carolina) *Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
29 Indianapolis Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
30 Pittsburgh Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma
31 New York Giants *Brandon Spikes LB Florida
32 Tennessee *Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

With Mays, Maualuga and Duke Robinson all available when we pick, im feeling pretty good.

I'm kind of worried about taking anyone on the USC defense. It just seems they are so good as a unit that maybe they arent all the top teir talent individually if that makes sense.

I'm kind of worried about taking anyone on the USC defense. It just seems they are so good as a unit that maybe they arent all the top teir talent individually if that makes sense.

I understand what your saying, but that really doesnt make sense. If you can get Justin Tuck, you get him. You dont pass because he was on a dominant Giants defense. JMHO.

They've got some no name WR from Rutgers going in the first round? No Everette Brown in the first round? Maclin going #8 overall? Beanie Wells going #5 overall? 16 spots above Moreno?

???

They've got some no name WR from Rutgers going in the first round? No Everette Brown in the first round? Maclin going #8 overall? Beanie Wells going #5 overall? 16 spots above Moreno?

???

obvious obmissions, Hardy too, pre-underclass declarations those included are commited other than filing official paperwork before the deadline.

Mays is reportedly a pretty good FS and size is huge. 4.25 speed attached but I want to see to believe.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Mays
Having said that I have heard pretty good things about William Moore 6'1" 220 with supposed 4.45. We might could drop down, get Moore and another pick. Anyone have any info on DE Brandon Graham to share? I see him in round two. Round two? Hey, we got a 2nd!

not to hi-jack my own thread but just realized the Panthers are slatted, depending on playoff results to pick 28th which they traded to Philly in last years draft to move up & secure tackle Jeff Otah (#19). plus two more picks 2nd (#43) Tyrell Johnson, db & a 4th (#109) Mike McGlyn G. guess that worked out pretty well for them. they also traded up in 3rd to grab another player I really wanted the Texans to get Charles Godfrey, big physical db/fs so far he has panned out better than either of the Philly selections. people wonder how do these losing teams make such drastic turnarounds? they draft smart & know how to best upgrade & fill positions of need with bpa :)

I would be happy with Taylor Mays. I watched him yesterday almost decapitate some poor Penn State player. Granted I have not seen him play a lot but we just need someone with that kind of ability in the secondary. I'd be happy with him, but its too early to say that he's a guy the Texans are interested in right now. Obviously a space eating nose tackle like Raji or a linebacker like Malauga could help us out too.

They are an amazing unit, but they have legit NFL individual talents. They have 2-3 first round talents just on defense. Some players stock have dropped because they are on such a good team, such as Filo.

???

Kenny Britt has been a legit first round prospect all year. He might slip to the second, but he is a legit WR prospect. He certinally isn't "no name". Everette Brown is a total preference pick. If they author of the mock looks at him as a 4-3 DE, there is no way he is a first round talent. I think he will go first round because of hype or get drafted by a 3-4 team and be ok. He is very much a boom or bust pick. I know you are a alum or something, but his chances to bust in the NFL are much higher than other prospects. He really only brings one thing to the table, and he has physical limitations. I agree about Maclin, what a joke. However, a team is probably going to fall in love with 4.3 speed only to find out he is a NFL return man being paid first round money. Beanie could be a very desirable prospect for the NFL. He has great size, above average speed, and a ton of hype from a tradition rich school. Moreno won't test well and that will unfortunately hurt his stock to teams.

It's important to remember that this is someone's mock draft. They spent time doing this. GBN is an official site. They do this for a living...all year. Chances are that they know a little bit more than the average fan. If you don't know about Kenny Britt, then I think it's best to just learn some names at the least from these mocks. Everyone has different views on players and different projections, that is what makes each mock worth reading. It's also pretty rude to throw out your own mock draft into another person's thread. If you want your ideas for a draft to be looked at with more detail, start a new thread...we do have a section for that.

not to hi-jack my own thread but just realized the Panthers are slatted, depending on playoff results to pick 28th which they traded to Philly in last years draft to move up & secure tackle Jeff Otah (#19). plus two more picks 2nd (#43) Tyrell Johnson, db & a 4th (#109) Mike McGlyn G. guess that worked out pretty well for them. they also traded up in 3rd to grab another player I really wanted the Texans to get Charles Godfrey, big physical db/fs so far he has panned out better than either of the Philly selections. people wonder how do these losing teams make such drastic turnarounds? they draft smart & know how to best upgrade & fill positions of need with bpa :)
I am leaning towards a possible trade down scenario with Philadelphia. Can you give me an idea of what rounds Eagles will have selections? I know what pick not known but rounds would help me. I think Philly will want Mays and would be willing to swap 1sts and give up another pick. Not sure if the FS I want William Moore will be there much after about 20? Any thoughts from anyone appreciated.

I want Mays more than anyone else in the first round. We need all the safety help we can get. I really don't wanna get another DL with our first rounder. If we could get Marinelli as our DL coach I don't think we'd need an early round DL.

Kenny Britt has been a legit first round prospect all year. He might slip to the second, but he is a legit WR prospect. He certinally isn't "no name". Everette Brown is a total preference pick. If they author of the mock looks at him as a 4-3 DE, there is no way he is a first round talent. I think he will go first round because of hype or get drafted by a 3-4 team and be ok. He is very much a boom or bust pick. I know you are a alum or something, but his chances to bust in the NFL are much higher than other prospects. He really only brings one thing to the table, and he has physical limitations.

I've watched Rutgers play plenty of times and Britt wasn't even the most impressive WR on the team IMO. But I suppose he has good stats. The reason I pose these questions is to understand the choices better, not to be "rude".

As for Brown, we can argue all day about how well he will do in the NFL or what position he will play, but he will be a first rounder. I'll put a grand on that if you want to put money where your mouth is.

I agree about Maclin, what a joke. However, a team is probably going to fall in love with 4.3 speed only to find out he is a NFL return man being paid first round money.

Also, I never said anything about Maclin being only a return man. I'm just confused as to why he is rated so high. I think he will be a good NFL player.

It's important to remember that this is someone's mock draft. They spent time doing this. GBN is an official site. They do this for a living...all year. Chances are that they know a little bit more than the average fan. If you don't know about Kenny Britt, then I think it's best to just learn some names at the least from these mocks. Everyone has different views on players and different projections, that is what makes each mock worth reading. It's also pretty rude to throw out your own mock draft into another person's thread. If you want your ideas for a draft to be looked at with more detail, start a new thread...we do have a section for that.

Having said what I said above, if dude does this for a living for a website, it doesn't mean much to me. If he were a scout for a team, then it would carry some weight. The fact that he does it for a living means absolutely nothing. I know plenty of people who suck at what they do for a living. Whoopdie doo.

Rude for me to do what now? Put up a few questions about the mock? You take this stuff too seriously. It's a mock draft, one of thousands. Chill your grill, and quit acting like you own this process of scouting.

Last edited:
just did a quick Texans draft board, some obvious picks not present because like Orakpo don't expect them to last until 15. check out how it matches up with the latest GBN Mock which I did not see until after finished making this Texans draft board (submitted earlier on another thread)

Greg Hardy, DE Mississippi 6-4 265
Jason Smith, OT Baylor 6-5 300
Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma 6-5 335
Taylor Mays, S Southern Cal 6-3 230
Knowshon Moreno, RB Georgia 5-11 208
Brandon Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma State 6-6 260
Everette Brown, DE Florida State 6-4 252
Brian Cushing, OLB Southern Cal 6-4 255
Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma 6-6 262
Percy Harvin, WR Florida 5-11 195
Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida 6-3 245
Terrence Cody, DT Alabama 6-5 368
George Selvie, DE South Florida 6-4 252
Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland 6-2 206
William Moore, FS Missouri 6-1 226
Hakeem Nicks, WR North Carolina 6-1 210
Peria Jerry, DT Mississippi 6-3 295
William Moore, FS Missouri 6-1 226
B.J. Raji, DT Boston College 6-1 325
D.J. Moore, CB Vanderbilt 5-10 184
Clint Sintim, OLB Virginia 6-3 254
Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forest 5-09 190

13 Washington Jason Smith OT Baylor
14 New Orleans *George Selvie DE South Florida
15 Houston *Taylor Mays FS Southern California
16 San Diego Rey Maualuga LB Southern California
17 New York Jets *Tim Tebow QB Florida
18 Chicago Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest
19 Tampa Bay Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
20 Detroit (from Dallas) James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
21 Arizona *Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
22 Philadelphia Will Moore FS Missouri
23 Minnesota *Percy Harvin WR Florida
24 New England *Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
25 Atlanta Brian Cushing LB Southern California
26 Miami B.J. Raji DT Boston College
27 Baltimore *D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt
28 Philadelphia (from Carolina) *Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
29 Indianapolis Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
30 Pittsburgh Duke Robinson OG Oklahoma
31 New York Giants *Brandon Spikes LB Florida
32 Tennessee *Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

I've watched Rutgers play plenty of times and Britt wasn't even the most impressive WR on the team IMO. But I suppose he has good stats. The reason I pose these questions is to understand the choices better, not to be "rude".

As for Brown, we can argue all day about how well he will do in the NFL or what position he will play, but he will be a first rounder. I'll put a grand on that if you want to put money where your mouth is.

Also, I never said anything about Maclin being only a return man. I'm just confused as to why he is rated so high. I think he will be a good NFL player.

Having said what I said above, if dude does this for a living for a website, it doesn't mean much to me. If he were a scout for a team, then it would carry some weight. The fact that he does it for a living means absolutely nothing. I know plenty of people who suck at what they do for a living. Whoopdie doo.

Rude for me to do what now? Put up a few questions about the mock? You take this stuff too seriously. It's a mock draft, one of thousands. Chill your grill, and quit acting like you own this process of scouting.

Easy man. I wasn't calling you rude. I think Brown will go in the first round, as I stated. I think differently of him than you, and that is what makes a message board interesting. I think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB right now, and you are right, there is no point in arguing over what we think. I think it's great to pose some questions about the mock, but not to just rip it to shreds like that. I know that the guys from GBN don't work for a team, but they follow this more than anyone on the board including me by a good deal. That isn't to say their opinions are right or above anyone elses, but the time they put into research should be taken into consideration. I was agreeing with you on Maclin as well. Also, I do take this seriously; I'm a nerd like that.

Easy man. I wasn't calling you rude. I think Brown will go in the first round, as I stated. I think differently of him than you, and that is what makes a message board interesting. I think he is strictly a 3-4 OLB right now, and you are right, there is no point in arguing over what we think. I think it's great to pose some questions about the mock, but not to just rip it to shreds like that. I know that the guys from GBN don't work for a team, but they follow this more than anyone on the board including me by a good deal. That isn't to say their opinions are right or above anyone elses, but the time they put into research should be taken into consideration. I was agreeing with you on Maclin as well. Also, I do take this seriously; I'm a nerd like that.

I'm not ripping anything to shreds man I posed 5 questions off the top of my head that seem to be legitimate question marks.

You usually have a few mock drafts every year and I love reading what you have to say. Any time table on when you'll start your own mock this year?

I don't think this is a possible draft, and here is why with a few quick notes. First, you don't get to cherry pick. That is done the day after. Teams can't cherry pick. Mays would be a good pick. Brown would be a good pick at that range, though he will be a 3-4 OLB. Brown is, by all indications, going to go higher than that. Pretty much everyone else you have listed will go a round or so earlier than you have down. Also, Wilson will go higher than Round 7. He's a proven SEC QB from a successful program with a great coach.

I guess it just irks me that you call this a Texans mock. Call it a wish list, or a dream draft, or a cherry pickers fantasy. It kind of demeans what some of us actually try to do every year. It demeans what I hope to do for a living.

:foottap:

Last edited:
You usually have a few mock drafts every year and I love reading what you have to say. Any time table on when you'll start your own mock this year?

Not really. I'm back in Houston right now and that means that I don't have access to any of my stuff. I've got family and my girlfriend in town. My roommate is recording a bunch of games for me back up at school, but it will be a while before I get more than 20 minutes free. I usually start with a big board though and then get into mocks. Mocks are tough and I'm not a huge fan of trying to predict 31 other teams; it's hard enough to do it for just the Texans. It's always a fun season though.

1st rd: Taylor Mays/ 2nd rd: Matt Shaugnessy DE Wisconsin/ 3rd rd: Antione Caldwell C Alabama/ 4th rd: Rashad Jennings RB Liberty or Arian Foster RB Tennessee/ 5th Jason Phillips ILB TCU so far thats all I got....:tiphat:

I understand what your saying, but that really doesnt make sense. If you can get Justin Tuck, you get him. You dont pass because he was on a dominant Giants defense. JMHO.

Yeah but rememeber when we got Weaver, coming from that good defense. He looked good on their defense, getting the sacks ad everything that we were expecting him to get when he got here. And here he just plain sucks..

Yeah but rememeber when we got Weaver, coming from that good defense. He looked good on their defense, getting the sacks ad everything that we were expecting him to get when he got here. And here he just plain sucks..

3-4 Ravens front to question mark with Texans to finally a 4-3 front with the Texans. He isn't a 4-3 DE, and that was a bad signing.

Some people seem to have a sense of arrogance which has been proven out in previous quotes.

Thanks Muss

Back