Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

National Exposure

aj.

All Pro
The Texans Jets game will be the early national broadcast on CBS. We get their #2 crew (Dick Enberg - Dan Dierdorf). Hopefully this pumps the guys up since they will have a chance to gain partial redemption for the GB game. A win over a NY market team is always a good thing.

Hopefully they won't stink up The Big Apple like they did when they went on their last road games to Denver & Indy, but I don't know what to think about how they might look Sunday.

In west Texas this the NFC double header week, and the Chargers-Broncos game gets top billing this week. I am please so far in the local coverage of the Texans where there has only been 1 game that hasn't been televised. But this week its a trip down to local pub, geee, darn. :)

Glenn mentioned it on his show this evening on 610 about it being a nationally televised game... they're psyched about it.

I love Dick Enberg "OH MY!"....this will really give me flash backs to the Oilers. Remember when it was nothing get the national sunday afternoon game with Enberg?

But I was never a fan of Dierdorf...I'm just glad he's not doing MNF anymore.

SESupergenius said:
In west Texas this the NFC double header week, and the Chargers-Broncos game gets top billing this week. I am please so far in the local coverage of the Texans where there has only been 1 game that hasn't been televised. But this week its a trip down to local pub, geee, darn. :)

Does that include central Texas (San Marcos)?

SESupergenius said:
Wow, I guess McNair and his marketing people did have the right idea when
they went with "Texans" as the teams moniker, 'cause I think its pretty impressive for Houston to beat out an NFL legacy giant like the Broncos(most of the time) for TV coverage way out there in EP. You guys probably have more geographic proximity to Denver than Houston, I know you're in their time zone (RM).

Man with that thread title I thought one of our Cheerleaders had pulled a 'Janet Jackson' on accident or something. :heh:

San Marcos Texans coverage is KVUE 24, ledzep, I would expect it to be on, but haven't actually checked.

nunusguy said:
.. You guys probably have more geographic proximity to Denver than Houston, I know you're in their time zone (RM).
Denver is Mountain Time .. Houston is Central.

JackDizzle said:
The game will also be in High-Def for all you HDTV owners.
You know it, a very good thing!

SassyTexan said:
Denver is Mountain Time .. Houston is Central.
It's just that RM is my shorthand for Rocky Mountain and that's what I meant
for Mountain time. But you're right of course, can't expect people to know my own personal code. But what I was trying to say is that EP is in Denver's time zone.

Well, HOPEFULLY, it will be on out here. Sick of only seeing east coast teams. Maybe get lucky since they are playing the Jets.

We can only pray this will not be an upset on our part being it is national....At least if it is a loss on our part, i hope its a close game... :popcorn:

I think the team is preparing themselves right this time around. They have quickly learned how things can change around this league. I just want them to have that get after the QB attitude again.

Back