Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My off season plans

badboy

Hall of Fame
Hopefully you guys will read the entire thread to see where I go with my ideas
before clobbering me. I am looking for thoughts though and am not locked in to any draft picks this early.

Cuts or do not re-sign free agents:
Jacoby Jones: Will want a big $ as a FA & I like him but not that much.
Andre Davis: $4.7m
Eugene Wilson: Another crazy contract with $3.6m next season.
Kevin Walter:$3m and gone.

Free agent pick ups:

NT is a must and I like Abayo Franklin (SF) but he was franchized this season and will cost a bundle. Doubt we get him but I think we end up with a second tier nose in free agency.

CB: Ok if McNair is serious we have to get a vet here some way some how.
Champ Bailey will be 31 yoa next season. 5 year $50m. Give him a base of $5m + $15m bonus(cap:spread over 5 yrs= $3m yr) $50m- $20m= 4 remaining@ $7.5 + $4m (bonus)for a $11.5 annual cap hit. Let him go after three years. The $7.5 is paid for by Davis and Walter ($7.7m)

CB: Nnamdi Aso hey if you want a SB team do this right. Similar to above just more money. He is one year younger than Bailey & turned down $17m with Oakland so you show him our offense + a signed Bailey & a good $ deal and he could be ours. See my trade that gives you $13.6million.

Trade: none can be made without CBA so here is hoping! Mario can play 3-4 DE but knows he has a contract ending 2011 & wants big numbers & I am very reluctant to offer that. With a new CBA offering reduced $ for rookies, I trade Mario Williams to New England for #17 (Oakland) and #33. PATs like to trade down but have done so and have two picks in first and two in second. A starting DE is worth a first and a second and N.E. can afford him & allows Texans to offer $14m for Aso before McNair has to dig in his pocket.

Draft: this is the sticking point as you have no clue if you get anybody in free agency so you draft as if that were to happen. I am still muddled and don't have access to internet but will add draft picks probably in Feb.

I have to be honest I saw your name and off season plans and wondered what trade you were proposing.

For me, you will always be Mr Preposterous Trade Proposer.

Not sure who would give JJ big money, he hasn't shown much really.

Bailey and Aso, will NEVER happen for any team any time anywhere.

With JJ and Walter gone, who you starting at WR, David Anderson, Dorin Dickerson? Gotta sign one of them.

there's also the fact that bailey went in day one and was getting big time minutes in '99 while nnamdi really didn't play a whole lot until the '05 season...

a lot less tread on bailey's tires than what nnamdi has

Versa/ Visa maybe?

Trade: none can be made without CBA so here is hoping! Mario can play 3-4 DE but knows he has a contract ending 2011 & wants big numbers & I am very reluctant to offer that. With a new CBA offering reduced $ for rookies, I trade Mario Williams to New England for #17 (Oakland) and #33. PATs like to trade down but have done so and have two picks in first and two in second. A starting DE is worth a first and a second and N.E. can afford him & allows Texans to offer $14m for Aso before McNair has to dig in his pocket.

The Patriots would never make this trade. They barely re-sign their own Marios, what the hell would make them trade 2 1sts for a guy in the last year of his contract? It would be like the Rockets trading everything to get Carmelo Anthony this year, a complete waste of resources.

Hopefully you guys will read the entire thread to see where I go with my ideas
before clobbering me. I am looking for thoughts though and am not locked in to any draft picks this early.

Cuts or do not re-sign free agents:
Jacoby Jones: Will want a big $ as a FA & I like him but not that much.
Andre Davis: $4.7m
Eugene Wilson: Another crazy contract with $3.6m next season.
Kevin Walter:$3m and gone.

Free agent pick ups:

NT is a must and I like Abayo Franklin (SF) but he was franchized this season and will cost a bundle. Doubt we get him but I think we end up with a second tier nose in free agency.

CB: Ok if McNair is serious we have to get a vet here some way some how.
Champ Bailey will be 31 yoa next season. 5 year $50m. Give him a base of $5m + $15m bonus(cap:spread over 5 yrs= $3m yr) $50m- $20m= 4 remaining@ $7.5 + $4m (bonus)for a $11.5 annual cap hit. Let him go after three years. The $7.5 is paid for by Davis and Walter ($7.7m)

CB: Nnamdi Aso hey if you want a SB team do this right. Similar to above just more money. He is one year younger than Bailey & turned down $17m with Oakland so you show him our offense + a signed Bailey & a good $ deal and he could be ours. See my trade that gives you $13.6million.

Draft: this is the sticking point as you have no clue if you get anybody in free agency so you draft as if that were to happen. I am still muddled and don't have access to internet but will add draft picks probably in Feb.

Mario for a 1st and 2nd? Get ready for the Texans to be a laughing stock when Mario is DPOY.

Neither. I think he's switching us to the wishbone - only one WR on the field at a time. Is James Street available for QB?
My thread says I will add the draft later as I was still contemplating. If JJ not resigned a WR would be added in first or second. I am looking at Julio Jones @ #11 with a DE to replace Mario @ #17.

But how did you....?
That is funny but most know I was laid off December 1st and no longer have 'puter access unless I travel to closest library. All my research links are gone. As favorites they were only a click away but now I have to pull each up.

The Patriots would never make this trade. They barely re-sign their own Marios, what the hell would make them trade 2 1sts for a guy in the last year of his contract? It would be like the Rockets trading everything to get Carmelo Anthony this year, a complete waste of resources.
Usually I would agree with you. I focused on the DE of NE
against Jets & as I expected, he did little. Pats have two firsts and two seconds and not only could use Mario's annual sacks but can afford him. A new CBA should hold down players huge salaries & bonuses should be restricted. If Mario wanted to play in Wade's system, I'd be okay with him being here. The N.E. 3-4 I believe is a bit more "varied" than Wade Phillips and Mario would enjoy it more.

I also disagree with you on Anthony but that can be discussed in that forum as I have listed several options over last few months that could bring Melo to Houston if he wanted to play here.

Mario for a 1st and 2nd? Get ready for the Texans to be a laughing stock when Mario is DPOY.
Where has this defensive player of the year been so far as a Texan? Mario might be the team DPOY on Pats next season but probably not on Texans. NFL DPOY? Yeah, right.

Back