Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

MY MOMs... Back in the hospital

Bill,

Just stumbled across this thread. Hope all is well now!

By the looks of this thread, G-d was given an earful.

Thanks Doc!! Actually, she's doing fine now. The best medicine was taking her off a ton of the meds they had her on. Funny how that works.

The power of prayer works!

Moms went to Methodist Emergency Room early this morning.

I didn't get news until mid-afternoon. Apparently she has a signicant blood clot in her right arm. They had no pulse at her wrist on the right side.

Doctors are worried about how to remove it and which way they will "go in"... Apparently if they go in the "wrong way" the clot could travel its (evil, effed up way) to her brain, (i.e. stroke).

In addition to that, it looks like she'll have to undergo another bi-pass... On the upside, they said they wouldn't be using pig veins this time...

I didn't get news until mid-afternoon. Apparently she has a signicant blood clot in her right arm. They had no pulse at her wrist on the right side.

Doctors are worried about how to remove it and which way they will "go in"... Apparently if they go in the "wrong way" the clot could travel its (evil, effed up way) to her brain, (i.e. stroke).

In addition to that, it looks like she'll have to undergo another bi-pass... On the upside, they said they wouldn't be using pig veins this time...

I'm so sorry to read this latest news, Bill. I wish the best for her, of course. Hang in there and my very best wishes, thoughts, and prayers go to you and your mom.

Please keep us informed.

Yes, one of the most significant risks in addressing clots is unintentionally breaking them up into smaller pieces that can travel and block smaller passages.

Best wishes to your Mom, I hope everything quickly turns out for the very best. Keep us posted?

I'm so sorry to read this latest news, Bill. I wish the best for her, of course. Hang in there and my very best wishes, thoughts, and prayers go to you and your mom.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks brother and I will!

Yes, one of the most significant risks in addressing clots is unintentionally breaking them up into smaller pieces that can travel and block smaller passages.

Best wishes to your Mom, I hope everything quickly turns out for the very best. Keep us posted?

Exactly.. And thank you for your concern.

Ima have drink or 6, go to bed and go to work in the morning..

Again.. THANKS!!!

Sorry to hear about this, Bill. Stay strong, and my thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Sorry to hear about this, Bill. Stay strong, and my thoughts and prayers for your mom.

Thanks Brother... But it happens. You know, we get older, those that we love are even older!... Again, thanks my friend (albeit, opposite sides on occasion ;).... AGAIN, THANKS BROTHER!!

I am so sorry to hear this, Bill. I know it has to be extremely difficult.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Praying for Mom and for you, Bill.
Love ya brother.

PM me if I can do anything for ya.

Just saw this my friend!! Thoughts and lots of prayers sent your way! Let me know if I can do anything for you, or for your family! You are a very special friend, and I am here if you need me!!

Keep us posted!!

If the left arm (left subclavian artery) were involved, there would be very little chance that the brain would be involved. However, the right arm (right subclavian) artery has a different anatomy........one that comes off from a common source as the right common carotid artery (that leads to the brain). This common source is called the brachiocephalic artery. I evidently don't know all the details of your mom's case, but one of the most common causes of arterial embolism to the right arm are actually clots that originate in the left ventricular heart chamber secondary to a uninterrupted cardiac irregular heartbeat such as atrial fibrillation) and breaks off to travel there through a straight shot upwards.

If circulation is totally acutely blocked (as seems to be the case) to the right arm, blood thinners alone are inappropriate and there is no choice but to enter the right subclavian artery surgically directly by opening the artery or indirectly via threading an arterial catheter in order to remove the embolus.

230px-Gray506.svg.png

Bill, call me and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

Prayers are with you and your Mom.

Prayers Bill! My step-sister's husband has had the pig thing done twice but I understand there is a new and better thing now. Perhaps CND can talk to you about that.

Y'alls responses, thoughts and prayers are overwhelming and I truly appreciate them.. Much LOVE!!

Special shout out to Doc Jean (love ya!! Owe you two dinners, now)!!! He's calling Methodist right now to straighten them the *eff* out and make sure they're in-line... Doin' the right thing(s)!

If the left arm (left subclavian artery) were involved, there would be very little chance that the brain would be involved. However, the right arm (right subclavian) artery has a different anatomy........one that comes off from a common source as the right common carotid artery (that leads to the brain). This common source is called the brachiocephalic artery. I evidently don't know all the details of your mom's case, but one of the most common causes of arterial embolism to the right arm are actually clots that originate in the left ventricular heart chamber secondary to a uninterrupted cardiac irregular heartbeat such as atrial fibrillation) and breaks off to travel there through a straight shot upwards.

If circulation is totally acutely blocked (as seems to be the case) to the right arm, blood thinners alone are inappropriate and there is no choice but to enter the right subclavian artery surgically directly by opening the artery or indirectly via threading an arterial catheter in order to remove the embolus.

230px-Gray506.svg.png

Bill, call me and I'll try to answer any questions you may have.

Prayers are with you and your Mom.

BTW Doc... 'Splains a lot!! THANKS!!

Y'alls responses, thoughts and prayers are overwhelming and I truly appreciate them.. Much LOVE!!

Special shout out to Doc Jean (love ya!! Owe you two dinners, now)!!! He's calling Methodist right now to straighten them the *eff* out and make sure they're in-line... Doin' the right thing(s)!

Wishing y'all the best this holiday season and hope she gets well fast .

000011-gwc2.gif

Doc Jean just dropped a bunch of knowledge on this fool....

As it turns out (while still not a minor procedure and still with risks) it's probably gonna be okay! The by-pass isn't nearly intrusive as I first thought.

Doc Jean got in contact with the cardioligist (or whatever) on my moms case... Yeah, can y'all believe that??? Doc made some calls and talked to my moms physician.....

Thanks Doc Jean!!! Much love brother!!!! This is twice now that you've helped me through!!

I'm sure that whenever I post tomorrow afternoon, ALL will be well!!

AGAIN.... Thanks DOC JEAN!!!

Doc Jean just dropped a bunch of knowledge on this fool....

As it turns out (while still not a minor procedure and still with risks) it's probably gonna be okay! The by-pass isn't nearly intrusive as I first thought.

Doc Jean got in contact with the cardioligist (or whatever) on my moms case... Yeah, can y'all believe that??? Doc made some calls and talked to my moms physician.....

Thanks Doc Jean!!! Much love brother!!!! This is twice now that you've helped me through!!

I'm sure that whenever I post tomorrow afternoon, ALL will be well!!

AGAIN.... Thanks DOC JEAN!!!

I'll be thinking of you guys. I'm sure all will be fine, but continued thoughts and prayers nonetheless.

Sending all our love your way, Bill. Best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery and many more precious memories to be made! <3

Sending all our love your way, Bill. Best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery and many more precious memories to be made! <3

Thanks darlin' but I wish you and Dante would make it out to "Blue Crew" again, and come visit.... That would be really cool!!!

We hope to! It's been a whirlwind with my promotion which keeps me overworked on weekends (unfortunately nobody wants to get married on a Wednesday).

We miss y'all SO MUCH!

We hope to! It's been a whirlwind with my promotion which keeps me overworked on weekends (unfortunately nobody wants to get married on a Wednesday).

We miss y'all SO MUCH!

Obviously we miss YOU and the "Dante thread", which I WILL *bump*.......

Congrats on your promo!!!!!!!

*BUMP* the dante thread!!!!! PLEASE!! SO many old-timers have or leavng this site. No one comes around much, anymore...

Sorry... Ima little outta sorts right now

I'm off the next few days so I will get y'all new photos to screw with. :)

Thanks...! And I'm a little out of sorts as well hahaha!

DocJean............ Thank you for everything. Apparently Moms is doing well!!!!!!!!!

Agsin Jean or rather Doc Jean............ Thank you for checking in on my mother!!!

That means so much to me................ You have no idea!!

Obviously we miss YOU and the "Dante thread", which I WILL *bump*.......

Congrats on your promo!!!!!!!

*BUMP* the dante thread!!!!! PLEASE!! SO many old-timers have or leavng this site. No one comes around much, anymore...

Sorry... Ima little outta sorts right now

Some of us will never leave my friend! Made to many good friends over the years from this board. This is the only place we hear from some of them, so I think I'll just hang around for a while longer.

Sure wish Marcie would start posting again. She was the life of the "Dante thread!" We need to tell her to brush up on her photocropping skills and get back to having some fun at Dante's expense!:texanbill:

Hope your Mom is doing well, and I'm expecting you to keep us posted whether your "out of sorts" or not!! If she's got Doc Jean on her case, then she's in the best of hands! I know I won't worry as much!

Are you going to Bubba's on Sunday? Just wondering.

Bill again sends all on the MB that shared their good wishes, a big "Thank You!" Bill's given me permission to give you all the update on his mother.

Bill's Mom underwent her right carotid-to-subclavian artery graft bypass. The circulation to her right arm has been re-established. She has experienced no brain circulation compromise (stroke symptoms). Her only real complaint at this time is that her right arm is still "sore" which would be an expected residual due to the amount of time the blood supply there was cut off.

She is filling out her discharge papers as I am typing. She should be home by mid afternoon enjoying a good ole foot rub from her hovering son.:)

I got home a little while ago from visiting with Moms at Mom and Dad's house.. She is doing remarkably well although tired and sore. I let her know about all y'alls thoughts, prayers and well wishes which overwhelmed her. She really appreciated them, as do I. Thank you all so much for that. I love you all!

A special thanks to Doc Jean. You're the best!! Thank you for everything. Whether it was calling my Mom's surgeon or explaining to me in "lay" terms what the procedure would entail and letting my Mom's surgeon know I would go Medeival on his ass if anything went wrong! ;) Okay, not so much on that last part.. I love you my friend!

Back