Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

My Mock…..

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
What’s an Opto Mock without trades? I’m coming up with 2 trades that could make sense.

1. I still see the WFT as a team that could have genuine interest in Watson and some of that could be based solely on the fact that they are sitting on enough cap space to easily incorporate Watson’s contract number. I think Watson’s dream landing spot has faded away. Tua is giving Miami hope in his development process. I think the WFT is losing itself into an acceptable position for the Texans to listen to a reasonable offer.

WFT Get:
QB- Watson

Texans Get:
RD1-09-009
RD2-09-041
RD6-09-186
RD1
RD3
RD1
RD3

2. Tunsil has exposed his true colors…..a big arse softie who by some insane luck still has LT value on the NFL market. I think the Texans could strike the iron while it’s hot in regards to trading Tunsil. I think the one team who could be in a great position to trade for Tunsil is the Eagles. The Eagles need a perceived LT and have the draft capital to roll the dice since they’ll either be making the trade to protect Hurts or the new QB they drag this season.

Eagles Get:
LT- Tunsil

Texans Get:
RD1-21-021
RD5-19-160
RD5-24-165
RD2
RD4

3. Like I mentioned in an earlier post…..Texans have the best draft position at the 3 spot. If the Lions and Jags go Thibodeaux and Hutchinson 1 and 2, then the draft will really begin with the Texans. Many players still highly rated and many teams trying to figure out who’ll make the move up versus waiting for their target to fall…..and who the target is. Giants are in crux and are sitting pretty 5 and 8 if their targets fall into place. I’m thinking QB and LT. If the Texans have successfully moved Tunsil, then the Giants would be very aware that Caserio could be looking at LT or play his hand at taking a QB. Let’s say the Giants bite and make a trade to move up.

Giants Get:
RD1-03-003: LT- Evan Neal (Alabama)

Texans Get:
RD1-05-005
RD3-05-069
RD5-05-146

2022 TEXANS DRAFT
RD1-05-005: SS- Kyle Hamilton (Notre dame)
RD1-09-009: LG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)
RD1-21-021: WR- Chris Olave (Ohio St)

RD2-03-035: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
RD2-09-041: RG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)

RD3-03-067: TE- Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M)
RD3-05-069: DE- Logan Hall (Houston)
RD3-17-081: CB- Josh Jobe (Alabama)

RD4-30-132: LT- Nick Broeker (Ole Miss)

RD5-05-146: RB- Tyler Allgeier (BYU)
RD5-19-160: FS- Brad Hawkins (Michigan)
RD5-24-165: OC- Nick Ford (Utah)

RD6-03-182: OG- Cade Mays (Tennessee)
RD6-09-186: LB- Leo Chenal (Wisconsin)
RD6-21-200: DL- Ochaun Mathis (TCU)
RD6-32-211: CB- Tyrique Stevenson (Miami)

RD7-27-245: CB- Sam Webb (Missouri Western State)

I'm looking for straight up mocks, since we dont know if Derrick is going to be playing next yr or in jail. Makes predicting a trade for Derrick kinda difficult at this point. We should have a better idea of Derrick's situation by the end of February. By then we will know more about the Civil trial and if the Grand Jury will be indicting him.

I find it hard to believe a team with the kind of sexual misconduct heat all over them that the WFT has would want to inherent Watson's.

They have the experience to get through it. WFT needs a QB like Watson to help give their defense more leads to protect. WFT couldn’t get a better QB in the draft. Also, Watson’s NTC upper hand may be nothing more than a simple obstacle once Miami walks away from the table.

Really looked at this for the players ( normal for me), but given what I saw from Nick C last draft, I would be shocked if picked 10 players much less 16 or so.

He is from the Belichick tree so it could be hard to determine how he hits the draft. I believe the trades for both Watson and Tunsil are fair value trades. The compensation isn’t over the top. As for the draft position trade….the value would be fair.

If the extra picks are there….how would you guys feel about WR, Chris Olave in RD1?

He’d be a solid replacement for Fuller in regards to his ability to take the top off defenses. Both Cooks and Collins would be the benefactors as would Mills.

If the extra picks are there….how would you guys feel about WR, Chris Olave in RD1?

He’d be a solid replacement for Fuller in regards to his ability to take the top off defenses. Both Cooks and Collins would be the benefactors as would Mills.
I just really, really like Drake London or Treylon Burks there.
But Olave is really good. That deep threat is needed as well.

Me too, although this is a very good draft for receivers - I also like Wilson, Bell and Williams.
John Metchie III could be the steal of these receivers - is an excellent route runner. Reminds of Nuk watching him play.
Dotson also is one to watch - has some size concerns but very difficult to keep up with and has great hands.

Last edited:
Me too, although this is a very good draft for receivers - I also like Wilson, Bell and Williams.
John Metchie III could be the steal of these receivers - is an excellent route runner. Reminds of Nuk watching him play.

I’d also get pretty excited if the Texans could land TE (yikes!!!) Jalen Wydermyer (A&M) as well.

Giving Mills weapons like WR1- Olave, WR2- Collins, and WR3/SWR- Cooks could make for an exciting set of receivers. Having TE1- Wydermyer and TE2- Jordan could be a nice if properly deployed.

They have the experience to get through it. WFT needs a QB like Watson to help give their defense more leads to protect. WFT couldn’t get a better QB in the draft. Also, Watson’s NTC upper hand may be nothing more than a simple obstacle once Miami walks away from the table.

I'm not arguing one way or the other on whether Watson could help them as a qb.

I'm arguing that they'd be out of their minds to take on his baggage given the gargantuan weight of their own already.

Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa
    trade icon
    David Ojabo
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon
    Nicholas Petit-Frere
    OT Ohio State

Breece Hall
    RB Iowa State

Logan Hall
    DT Houston
    trade icon
    Marcus Jones
    CB Houston

Jequez Ezzard
    WR Sam Houston State
    trade icon

Nothing to this drafting players.

Just accept a few trades and bingo, holes filled.
    I would have drafted Sean Dykes, TE from Tulsa, but he wasn't an option in the PFN simulator.
    :coffee:

I think you are underestimating how bad the situation looks for the WFT. Their sexual harassment cases have even sparked a congressional hearing. Don't get me wrong I think Watson would fit right in but this isn’t about cap space or need for a QB this is about the NFL trying to keep the hammer from coming down on the whole league.

I think you are underestimating how bad the situation looks for the WFT. Their sexual harassment cases have even sparked a congressional hearing. Don't get me wrong I think Watson would fit right in but this isn’t about cap space or need for a QB this is about the NFL trying to keep the hammer from coming down on the whole league.

Winning in the NFL soothes a lot of ills and Watson would give them their best chance to do both. Winning and fresh starts are one in the same.

Watson could/would help them win. We all agree.

They wouldn't give the option a chance because of the outrageous, seemingly unprecedented, scrutiny it would cause.

On the latter it's just you who has your fingers in your ears saying 'lalalalalala..'

Winning in the NFL soothes a lot of ills and Watson would give them their best chance to do both. Winning and fresh starts are one in the same.

This has nothing to do with "Winning in the NFL" this has gone way beyond the NFL as far as WFT goes because its gotten the attention of people that would happily tear the entire NFL down. The league is doing everything they can to keep attention off of it and that works for sports media that depend on the NFL to give them access and therefore rating but it doesn't work where those who are not dependent on them are concerned. This isn't about fans being unhappy or players wanting a fresh start, this is the next Weinstein if certain parties have their way.

This has nothing to do with "Winning in the NFL" this has gone way beyond the NFL as far as WFT goes because its gotten the attention of people that would happily tear the entire NFL down. The league is doing everything they can to keep attention off of it and that works for sports media that depend on the NFL to give them access and therefore rating but it doesn't work where those who are not dependent on them are concerned. This isn't about fans being unhappy or players wanting a fresh start, this is the next Weinstein if certain parties have their way.

Agreed

And this could certainly turn into another Weinstein situation if the grand jury agrees with the DA and criminal charges are brought against Derrick. Derrick's biggest concern should be the grand jury, Why? because they theoretically cant be bought.

Unless Watson is 100% guaranteed a jail sentence before the 2022 season starts…..my guess, Caserio finds Watson a new home and lives with the return he receives just to move on from this situation. The biggest sticking point would be the money due to Watson this upcoming season and one the top 10 teams in the draft that has the cap space to afford him.

NFL teams have dealt with the many dramas surrounding star players and most, like cats, always seem to land on their feet. Watson is a talented QB on the field but an idiot who should know better off the field. He still seems hail-bent on seeing his situation through to a court date…..a heck of a way of trying to hide the fact that you’re still holding a junk hand while trying to poker face the table.

Last edited:
I’d also get pretty excited if the Texans could land TE (yikes!!!) Jalen Wydermyer (A&M) as well.

Giving Mills weapons like WR1- Olave, WR2- Collins, and WR3/SWR- Cooks could make for an exciting set of receivers. Having TE1- Wydermyer and TE2- Jordan could be a nice if properly deployed.
Ooooooh. Yeah. I would love that. Wydermyer is a stud.
You just gave Mills no more excuses.

Give me one of those Iowa TE"s LaPorta or Iowa St TE's Kolar or Allen in the 4th.

Another guy I've been looking at that I like alot is Austin Allen TE Nebraska.

If you want to draft a TE somewhat later in the draft this is the year to do it.

Take a look at this sleeper who just threw his hat into the ring…..TE- Jelani Woods, Virginia. The guy is 6-6 @ 265 lbs and transferred to Virginia from Oklahoma State. He was a QB in HS, won the Virginia State Championship, and was recruited as a QB. He was moved to TE.

I'll see him listed at 6' 7 some places. He had a decent year at Virginia.

I noticed that as well. I like when a sleeper hits the draft. His Pro Day will confirm the measurements and if he has the ability to run routes and block.

If the Texans gain some all important draft capital by trading Watson, Tunsil, and #3. Pick….I sure wouldn’t mind targeting TE- Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M). Wyd and Jordan could make an amazing TE duo….especially if Josh McDaniels is named HC. He returned to NE in 2012 and enjoyed Gronk/Hernandez’s final season together. O’Brien was the OC when Gronk/Hernandez terrorized NFL defenses in 2011. McDaniels should have complete knowledge on how to incorporate a couple of stud TE’s into the game plan.

I noticed that as well. I like when a sleeper hits the draft. His Pro Day will confirm the measurements and if he has the ability to run routes and block.

If the Texans gain some all important draft capital by trading Watson, Tunsil, and #3. Pick….I sure wouldn’t mind targeting TE- Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M). Wyd and Jordan could make an amazing TE duo….especially if Josh McDaniels is named HC. He returned to NE in 2012 and enjoyed Gronk/Hernandez’s final season together. O’Brien was the OC when Gronk/Hernandez terrorized NFL defenses in 2011. McDaniels should have complete knowledge on how to incorporate a couple of stud TE’s into the game plan.
What good do tight ends do if they are not part of the offensive game stats? I am just not very excited about using tight ends. Brevin Jordan look pretty good but so did Pharaoh early.

What good do tight ends do if they are not part of the offensive game stats? I am just not very excited about using tight ends. Brevin Jordan look pretty good but so did Pharaoh early.

Just working my thoughts from the angle that Kelly will finally be cut loose.

I'm not a fan of having to draft Wydermyer where you would have to draft him to get him. Rd.2-3, too many drops.

Looking forward to checking out Woods.

Just working my thoughts from the angle that Kelly will finally be cut loose.
You know that's how I work also. My thoughts do not always mean that that is exactly what I would do. Often my thoughts can lead someone else to post something that can lead me in a different direction. That's one of the reasons I post so many Mocks and trade proposals.

You know that's how I work also. My thoughts do not always mean that that is exactly what I would do. Often my thoughts can lead someone else to post something that can lead me in a different direction. That's one of the reasons I post so many Mocks and trade proposals.

We’re on the same page.

Back