Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My choices for HC/OC/DC

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
True,

But if anybody can beat the odds it will be Mahomes and Reid.

I'm very interested who they let go this offseason. I will bet you they le guys like Watkins/Robinson/Bell etc... go. They've got to find a way to replace them.

I'm betting Veatch can do this. He's a great talent evaluator and isn't hamstrung by the Not Texans Worthy BS.
Exactly why I want the Texans to make a play for LeVeon Bell when he's released. He definitely didn't get over used this season and he wouldn't cost a king's ransom to obtain. Pair him up with (hopefully) Ohio State RB, Trey Sermon and the Texans could suddenly have a decent running game.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Exactly why I want the Texans to make a play for LeVeon Bell when he's released. He definitely didn't get over used this season and he wouldn't cost a king's ransom to obtain. Pair him up with (hopefully) Ohio State RB, Trey Sermon and the Texans could suddenly have a decent running game.
You think he will want to come to the Not Texans Worth franchise?

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
True,

But if anybody can beat the odds it will be Mahomes and Reid.

I'm very interested who they let go this offseason. I will bet you they le guys like Watkins/Robinson/Bell etc... go. They've got to find a way to replace them.

I'm betting Veatch can do this. He's a great talent evaluator and isn't hamstrung by the Not Texans Worthy BS.
Reid has shown he can find skilled players on offense and develop oline people.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
If we go after Bell and get him. Along with Watson being upset. Then you have 2 players who can blow at anytime. Sounds like a great plan to destroy anything we might get going with a new HC next season. Why not go after all the players who are always complaining and unhappy.

Besides, Bell is still thinking he is worth huge money. I would rather get Fornette and then draft another RB if we trade Watson.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
That’s the Patriot way. We don’t want none of that here
Actually we do, in the FA periods and the draft. Seeing if you look, the Pats have a great record of drafting well that become very good. As well as excell at a position they might not have played much before. And signing players and making them fit perfectly.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
If true, along with the report he has a ranked list of who he wants to play for. Just trade him now. We have a loophole due to him airing dirty laundry. I'm pretty sure that a good GM like we have now, can use it to bypass the no trade part.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Reid has shown he can find skilled players on offense and develop oline people.
Because he doesn't have to deal with the Not Texans Worthy issues that the GM/HC in Houston has to deal with. Reid can just draft the best players and go. Which is the only way to build a championship contender roster. IMHO

I've been saying this since the Texans inception.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
The prospect of getting 3 first rounders plus more would be exiting. The thing is I don't know whether its a good thing to have all that draft capital based on our drafting history.
We have a good GM now, so it should not be an issue. However, I wouldn't doubt that we would trase say 1.23 to get a later 1st and a few more 2nd and 3rd picks. Which makes having that draft capital even more of a haul.

The issue is will Cal and Easterby stay away and let Nick do the job he is perfect for. That he has learned from Hoodie to really get the most out of each pick and trade if needed. I have my fears that they will have some say and cause problems.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
We have a good GM now, so it should not be an issue. However, I wouldn't doubt that we would trase say 1.23 to get a later 1st and a few more 2nd and 3rd picks. Which makes having that draft capital even more of a haul.

The issue is will Cal and Easterby stay away and let Nick do the job he is perfect for. That he has learned from Hoodie to really get the most out of each pick and trade if needed. I have my fears that they will have some say and cause problems.
That draft capital would be a consolation prize and nothing more. Could get a franchise QB straight away, could wait 20 years like the Browns, could get stuck with Andy Dalton like the Bengals.

You’re back to hoping, back to feeling like the 2012 Texans great team but the QB isn’t as good as Brady.

Max

Veteran
I just want to hear the announcement of a new O-Line coach. That will be a very, very small consolation at this point.
Super important hire. OLine should be a strength of our team with a good coach. Draft a good RB and at least we should have a running game next year.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
That draft capital would be a consolation prize and nothing more. Could get a franchise QB straight away, could wait 20 years like the Browns, could get stuck with Andy Dalton like the Bengals.

You’re back to hoping, back to feeling like the 2012 Texans great team but the QB isn’t as good as Brady.
True, but I don't know if Watson is SB winning material yet. His work on the games that matter shows that he has a .50 record. Similar to a Dalton number.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Culley, Kelly, McCown, Hamilton?

Somebody explain how any of these offensive backgrounds mesh. Hopefully someone other then Kelly knows how to build a run game.

Any word on Romeo?

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

Good point Welsh Texan but there is a problem....Watson's current contract only keeps him with the Texans through the 2025 season. Can you imagine what his next contract would be if he remains on his current pace of production? Texans have an out in 2024 when his dead money hit is only 5.4M which makes his optimal trade value this season through 2023. To make this stretch even viable, the Texans have to have a team ready to compete for a Super Bowl. Seriously, it may take until 2023 to finally have assembled a good young team capable of competing well enough to make the playoffs. The one thing I'm certain of.....the Texans would never pay the money it will take to re-sign Watson in 2025. Texans could trade him now and cash in their chips by rebuilding their 2021 draft and adding to their 2022 and 2023 drafts or keep Watson. They could draft a QB later in the 2021 draft and let him clipboard for Watson for the 2021 and 2022 seasons before taking the reins after the Texans trade Watson.

Last edited: