Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Moving to Houston - Who wants to link me up with the Texans FO

JWLCASPER

Waterboy
It’s been 30 years since I could say I was a Houstonian inside the city limits. I moved my family and I back this week on a whim. We are AirBNBing as I transition back to the area, and I am currently looking at a few law firms to work with. However, as some of the long timers here know, I did work on a few NFL contracts prior to my time in law and business school. It’s where my analysis background comes from when I post here.

All kidding aside I would love an opportunity to get in front of a few decision makers with the Texans and help our hometown team. Sadly this is one organization I didn’t have many ties to from my prior experience. I know a few people here have inside connections and I figured it was worth a shot to reach out here to supplement my IRL efforts. All assistance and pointers are welcome both in this regard as well as thriving in the city as a young family (early 30 with a 3 year old, 1 year old, and another due in June.)

Appreciate it Texans Family.
Mods if this is out of place feel free to move it, but it does pertain to SOMEONE helping the Texans.

I believe I can be another catalyst to positive change for our team and organization.

Best to all,

JWL

If you are looking for a job or recommendations on a message board, with people that know nothing about you, well good luck but really this isn’t how this stuff works.

It’s been 30 years since I could say I was a Houstonian inside the city limits. I moved my family and I back this week on a whim. We are AirBNBing as I transition back to the area, and I am currently looking at a few law firms to work with. However, as some of the long timers here know, I did work on a few NFL contracts prior to my time in law and business school. It’s where my analysis background comes from when I post here.

All kidding aside I would love an opportunity to get in front of a few decision makers with the Texans and help our hometown team. Sadly this is one organization I didn’t have many ties to from my prior experience. I know a few people here have inside connections and I figured it was worth a shot to reach out here to supplement my IRL efforts. All assistance and pointers are welcome both in this regard as well as thriving in the city as a young family (early 30 with a 3 year old, 1 year old, and another due in June.)

Appreciate it Texans Family.
Mods if this is out of place feel free to move it, but it does pertain to SOMEONE helping the Texans.

I believe I can be another catalyst to positive change for our team and organization.

Best to all,

JWL
I haven't got a clue how to get in contact with FO, but perhaps you could reach out to John McClain or the talking heads on the sports radio stations.
Or try tweeting to BRB and see what response you get.

If you are looking for a job or recommendations on a message board, with people that know nothing about you, well good luck but really this isn’t how this stuff works.

Not looking for a recommendation or a job from this board good sir. When you run in these niche circles it may be something as small as “Individual X is speaking here today - Individual Y is hosting an event there next weekend.” When I first broke into the sports industry 8 years ago, I met the agency and it’s partners I worked with at a community event. After being impressed with my background and demeanor, we arranged for coffee later that week. That’s “how it worked” in Miami, and I was assuming that is how it would work in Houston as well - where individuals are usually much more inviting and cordial.

Additionally, I have no reason to full-fledge dox myself here, but a few of the board members know who I am from DMs etc and I am more than glad to share that information with anyone truly inclined to ask. Helping one another is how the world should work, though that may not fit your world view, it’s how I choose to live my life.

Appreciate the thoughts @Texansphan. Definitely will follow up. I’ve had some success with a few LinkedIn connections and I am hoping to parlay that into a few face to face meetings.

You have no idea what my worldview involves. I simply expressed an opinion with no emotional involvement in the opinion. The unstated obvious to me was why not simply call the Texans employment office? A cursory look at their website lists employment opportunities and available internships. I’m sure they would have ideas.

The Texans offices, located in NRG Stadium, are open for business year-round, Monday- Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM.

Houston Texans
NRG Stadium
Two NRG Park
Houston, TX 77054-1573

Texans Administrative Office: 832-667-2000
Texans Customer Service: 832-667-2002
NRG Park Administrative Office: 832-667-1400
Houston Texans Toll Free Number: 866-788-2002
Lost & Found: 832-667-1714

Email: Fanfeedback@houstontexans.com/ Parkingfeedback@houstontexans.com

To report fan conduct issues on gameday, please text our Gameday Text-line: 832-241-0202

There are entry level positions for individuals with limited experience or who are fresh out of undergraduate school / with a sports management degree only. Then there are less publicized openings for individuals who have prior experience with legal departments / salary cap experience / player personnel that aren’t just shared on a broad employment board such as TeamWork online. I of course perused the Texans job opening board for mid-level or higher roles, but I am quite over-qualified for starter roles.

I also qualified my statement @Dejaview say that it “may” not fit your world view without further input into you as a person. I was just gathering what I could from the tone of the response.

@DBCooper, thank you for the contact info. I did have that on file but I do appreciate the effort to assist.

I am in no way trying to get into any personal quarrels here, but I do know some long term posters here do have some intimate contact with people inside the building and was just looking to put myself in the right places at the right times for less publicized events and meet and greets. It was never my intention to create a tit for tat or to prove what I can or cannot do. I have always been one to never leave a single stone unturned, and this is another stone.

Carry on as usual friends.

There are entry level positions for individuals with limited experience or who are fresh out of undergraduate school / with a sports management degree only. Then there are less publicized openings for individuals who have prior experience with legal departments / salary cap experience / player personnel that aren’t just shared on a broad employment board such as TeamWork online. I of course perused the Texans job opening board for mid-level or higher roles, but I am quite over-qualified for starter roles.

I also qualified my statement @Dejaview say that it “may” not fit your world view without further input into you as a person. I was just gathering what I could from the tone of the response.

@DBCooper, thank you for the contact info. I did have that on file but I do appreciate the effort to assist.

I am in no way trying to get into any personal quarrels here, but I do know some long term posters here do have some intimate contact with people inside the building and was just looking to put myself in the right places at the right times for less publicized events and meet and greets. It was never my intention to create a tit for tat or to prove what I can or cannot do. I have always been one to never leave a single stone unturned, and this is another stone.

Carry on as usual friends.

I want to wish you luck.

The Texans org would be lucky to have you in the building.

Lol, people may laugh but follow Jack Easterby’s twitter account. Find out where he goes to church and run into him there.Also consider a non direct entry point just to get a foot in the door and get that sport management degrees on the side.

I actually met Jack’s dad while at UofSC. But it was during the fury days here in Houston and he was very guarded about access to his son. I was a double major in undergrad and have the Sports Management as one of my two undergrad degrees. That was part of what got my foot in the door all those years ago before I went back to grad school. I definitely pondered utilizing the Gamecocks connection with Bob McNair before he passed as well as Jack in the current time.

I want to wish you luck.

The Texans org would be lucky to have you in the building.

I appreciate it @steelbtexan. I honestly never thought I would get the family back to Houston, so I always focused on the player side of management because I really didn’t care to work for any other organization (or even attempt to.) But now that I am here, I figured why not see what doors I can kick down.

I actually met Jack’s dad while at UofSC. But it was during the fury days here in Houston and he was very guarded about access to his son. I was a double major in undergrad and have the Sports Management as one of my two undergrad degrees. That was part of what got my foot in the door all those years ago before I went back to grad school. I definitely pondered utilizing the Gamecocks connection with Bob McNair before he passed as well as Jack in the current time.

I appreciate it @steelbtexan. I honestly never thought I would get the family back to Houston, so I always focused on the player side of management because I really didn’t care to work for any other organization (or even attempt to.) But now that I am here, I figured why not see what doors I can kick down.

I would look up South Carolina alumni meetings and I'm sure you will find an in there. The McNair's are very loyal to South Carolinians. So that could be a way to meet them in an informal setting.

I'm not worried about you kicking the doors down. You're a very smart, personable guy and I want to commend you for taking this risk to get back home.

Dont forget about us little guys when you hit it big. And you will hit it big. Stay in touch and PM me with how things are going. I dont have in's but I can talk to people who know some of the minority owners.

Any update?

Lol, people may laugh but follow Jack Easterby’s twitter account. Find out where he goes to church and run into him there.Also consider a non direct entry point just to get a foot in the door and get that sport management degrees on the side.

Damn Deja .... aren't you afraid you might get some on ya ???

Any update?

Though I made a few acquaintances and connections within the Texans front office, no official interview or offer has presented itself.

With that said, I am pleased to say that I have a high level interview with a team from the NFC tomorrow in regards to an opening in their Football Operations department working at multiple levels of salary cap management, contract formation, player valuation, and transactional compliance with the league office. To say that I am ecstatic for the opportunity would be an understatement. As always everything falls into place at one time, as I am also traveling for my bar exam on Sunday and sitting on Tuesday and Wednesday. And to add my wife and I welcomed our third little one (second girl) on Fathers’ Day to boot to add to our two other minis that are 3.5 and 1.5. It’s been quite a whirlwind of late.

Whatever happens, I will still find a way to post my thoughts here for my hometown team.

Though I made a few acquaintances and connections within the Texans front office, no official interview or offer has presented itself.

With that said, I am pleased to say that I have a high level interview with a team from the NFC tomorrow in regards to an opening in their Football Operations department working at multiple levels of salary cap management, contract formation, player valuation, and transactional compliance with the league office. To say that I am ecstatic for the opportunity would be an understatement. As always everything falls into place at one time, as I am also traveling for my bar exam on Sunday and sitting on Tuesday and Wednesday. And to add my wife and I welcomed our third little one (second girl) on Fathers’ Day to boot to add to our two other minis that are 3.5 and 1.5. It’s been quite a whirlwind of late.

Whatever happens, I will still find a way to post my thoughts here for my hometown team.
Man when you're on a roll you are on a roll! Congratulations on all fronts! Wish you well on your interview. I hope you keep us posted. It is awesome for me to see those on Texans talk doing good.

Good luck man

Looks like you have your hands full.

Congratulations! What a blessing.

I would look up South Carolina alumni meetings and I'm sure you will find an in there. The McNair's are very loyal to South Carolinians. So that could be a way to meet them in an informal setting.

I'm not worried about you kicking the doors down. You're a very smart, personable guy and I want to commend you for taking this risk to get back home.

Dont forget about us little guys when you hit it big. And you will hit it big. Stay in touch and PM me with how things are going. I dont have in's but I can talk to people who know some of the minority owners.

You could also try contacting the players we’ve went to South Carolina. Long shot but they are not that hard to find. Right place and right time so to speak

Back