Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

More smoke in Carolina

At the center of Carolina’s latest miserable season is head coach Frank Reich. A celebrated offensive mind...
Huh? Celebrated for what? Souring Andrew Luck on the game? What has Frank Reich accomplished?

Didn’t Frank do big things in Philly? I’m going by memory so if I’ve got this wrong, please correct me.

A Quarterback Whisperer
Since being named a quarterbacks coach in 2018, Canales has worked with three starting quarterbacks: Russell Wilson, Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield. In 2019, Wilson was named second team All-Pro. In 2020, he threw for a career-high 4,212 yards and 40 touchdowns.

In 2022, Smith became the stater in Seattle. Many labeled him a bust after struggling in his time with the New York Jets. He posted a career-best 4,282 passing yards, 30 passing touchdowns and a league-high 69.8 completion percentage en route to his first Pro Bowl.

In Tampa Bay, Canales helped to spark Mayfield’s career. After playing for two teams in 2022 (one of which was the Carolina Panthers), Mayfield set a career-high in passing yards (4,044) passing touchdowns (28) and completion percentage (64.4%). I think you get the drift - the guy can coach quarterbacks and might be able to work some magic on Panthers signal caller Bryce Young, bringing him back to that Heisman winner, No. 1 overall pick status.

Back