Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Mock Draft's

beerlover

Hall of Fame
here is my rough mock draft, I will wait to see how the playoffs progress to complete then finish selections accordingly- Kipper eat your heart out :whew

1. 49ers - Matt Leinart QB, USC.
2. Dolphins - Alex Barron OT, Florida State.
3. Browns - Marcus McNeal OT, Auburn.
4. Chicago - Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan.
5. Tampa Bay - Cadillac Williams RB, Auburn.
6. Titans - Derrick Johnson LB, Texas.
7. Oakland - Mike Williams WR, USC.
8. Arizona - Cedric Benson RB, Texas.
9. Washington - Mathias Kiwanuka DE, Boston College.
10. Detroit - Thomas Davis S, Georgia.
11. Dallas - Antrell Rolle CB, Miami.
12. Chargers (via Giants) - Erasmus James DE, Wisconsin.
13. Texans - Haloti Ngata NT, Oregon.
14. Carolina - Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn.
15. Kansas City - Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan.
16, New Orleans - David Pollack LB/DE, Georgia.
17. Cincinnati - Mark Clayton WR, Oklahoma.
18. Cowboys (via Buffalo) - Anttaj Hawthorne DT, Wisconsin.
19. Jacksonville - Adam Jones CB, West Virginia.
20. Ravens - Elton Brown OG, Virginia.

Has Ngata declared? if so i LOVE LOVE LOVE that pick.

*EDIT* if he did/does declare, I dunno that he would make it to us. he would be the best DT in the draft, hands down..

Isn't he about a year and a half from DOUBLE Knee surgury? Do we want to risk a first round pick on a guy with that amount of health issues? Round three for someone with those issues I am OK with, but for the 1 & 2 picks, I would rather not have damaged goods hoping they work out health wise. Eventhough he has played well, he is still damaged goods.

1. 49ers - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami (FL)
2. Dolphins - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Browns - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
4. Chicago - Alex Barron, OT, Florida St.
5. Tampa Bay - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
6. Titans - Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
7. Oakland - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
8. Arizona - Aaron Rodgers, QB, California
9. Washington - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
10. Detroit - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
11. Dallas - Mike Williams, WR, USC
12. Chargers - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
13. Texans - Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
14. Carolina - Ahmad Brooks, OLB, Virginia
15. Kansas City - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
16, New Orleans - Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee
17. Cincinnati - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
18. Cowboys (via Buffalo) - Corey Webster, CB, L.S.U.
19. Jacksonville - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
20. Ravens - Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma

I really hope the Titans do not take Johnson. I hate it when UT players go to AFC South teams.

*edit* Hehe except for the Texan's obviously.

most ever mock ive read has the Titans taking Johnson.

Unless the Titans find someone else they like during the combine or something.. id say Johnson is pretty much a lock in Tennessee. Everyone above them needs offense.

On Ngata.. it is something that will have to be decided after he is given a physical and shows his stuff in the Combine. Skill wise though, he is the best DT in the draft.

Tennesse has other pressing needs then LB especially since they already have Bullock. They still need an outside pass rush, a DE to replace Kearse. Plus their offensive line needs an infusion of youth especially if they want to keep McNair around alittle longer.

beerlover said:

With all teh **** teh FO takes on injury gambles I doubt they would take Ngata in the first round. First pick in the third maybe, just not at 13; and only because of the health issues. The kid is a wonderful talent, and if healty would be an impactful D-line for us.

Looks like he's projected to go mid 2nd round. No need to reach for him. I think the Texans go for another CB in the first round to groom for Glenn spot.

I like Rodrique Wright but what about Marcus Spears? Everyone has been chatting him up all season. I think Seth Payne is gone. Any one agree? These mammoth linemen can not seem to stay healthy. Chop blocks and weight seem to be issue.

DC_ROCK said:
1. 49ers - Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami (FL)
2. Dolphins - Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Browns - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
4. Chicago - Alex Barron, OT, Florida St.
5. Tampa Bay - Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
6. Titans - Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
7. Oakland - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
8. Arizona - Aaron Rodgers, QB, California
9. Washington - Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
10. Detroit - Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
11. Dallas - Mike Williams, WR, USC
12. Chargers - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
13. Texans - Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
14. Carolina - Ahmad Brooks, OLB, Virginia
15. Kansas City - Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
16, New Orleans - Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee
17. Cincinnati - Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
18. Cowboys (via Buffalo) - Corey Webster, CB, L.S.U.
19. Jacksonville - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
20. Ravens - Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
no way in helle that the 49ers take Rolle over Leinart, IMHO

After that game last night, you may be right. Im just not 100% sure that the 49ers want a signal caller. The will either take Leinart or drop down a few picks. But only time will tell.

at the moment its looking like Lienart may not declare. maybe he is hoping the 9ers will do good next season so he doesnt get drafted by them :)

2005 NFL MOCK DRAFT

1. San Francisco-Aaron Rodgers QB-Cal
With the 1st pick in the draft the 49ers address a ? on offense and in my opinion select the best QB in this years draft. Inconsistency and injuries especially at the QB spot tore apart the 49ers offense this past season and with Aaron Rodgers they will be able to begin to rebuild what once was a potent offense. He will come into a system having targets in Eric Johnson and Rashaun Woods.

2. Miami-Cedric Benson RB Texas
Ricky was missed in Miami most by whoever was playing QB. Miami needs a running game to establish a passing game. Running back by committee is not going to cut in the AFC East. Cedric Benson will provide a power running attack and a nice target out of the backfield for Miami. People have Miami going QB here but I think they like what they saw from Feely and it’s unfair to knock the guy considering what he had to work with in 2004. No David Boston, no running game and a defense that wore down towards the end of the season. He will be a better QB with Benson in the backfield.
!
3. Cleveland-Mike Williams WR USC
Wow…where to begin with this team? Cleveland needs help on offense no matter who they decide to start at QB in 2005. Hands down Mike Williams is the best WR in the draft and will bring big play ability to a lack-luster offense. I don’t worry too much about the rust, he’ll shake that off in the off-season and you can’t think he has been eating cheetos, watching ESPN for the last year…who do you think he is Maurice Clarette? Whoever the QB is in Cleveland in 2005 will have quite a few weapons at his side in Winslow, Bryant, and Williams. Looking better already!

4. Chicago Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
Chicago needs an offensive boost. Thomas Jones was a nice addition and the
re-emergence of the “A” Train was a pleasant surprise but with no deep threat to stretch the field with you have a pretty one-dimensional offense. Edwards is going to be a beast in this offense and will team with Grossman to make a combo talked about for years to come in the Windy City!

5. Tampa Bay Cadillac Williams RB Auburn
QB is no longer an issue in Tampa Bay, at least it shouldn’t be. You’re looking at Grease and Simms battling it out in the off-season. What hurt Tampa is not having a running game. I hope Gruden considers taking a back in the draft and if he does it will be Cadillac. He missed out on Stephen Jackson in last year’s draft. Lets not make it two years in a row you pass up a talented back in favor of Garner and Pittman.

6. Tennessee Mathius Kawanuka DE Boston College
This guy will make Tennessee fans forget all about the departure of Kearse. At 6’8” this kid has amazing size and is very quick off the ball. They get the speed rusher that the lacked in 2004 and you can even play him outside at OLB, he brings many options to the table.

7. Oakland Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
Ronnie Brown is the 3rd running back off the board and we aren’t even through the first ten picks. A lot of teams need a jump-start in the running game but none more the Oakland Raiders, averaging 75 yards a game in 2004 it is time to make a change. Ronnie Brown is a talented back that will provide power and speed to the Raiders backfield and give defenses fits. Being overshadowed in college by teammate Cadillac Williams hurt his stock but don’t be fooled, Brown has the skills to succeed in the NFL.

8. Arizona Antrell Rolle CB Miami
See ‘em goin QB here? Maybe but I think they snag a shut-down corner that will give their defense a much needed element that it didn’t have last season. Antrell is too good to pass up and will pay dividends immediately! McCown is not a horrible QB and lacked a consistent running game as well as Anquan Bolden so I don’t think Green will be thinking QB here. Their secondary however continues to get torched and needs to be addressed.

9. Washington D’Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
Redskins have problems up front and Ferguson solves them. They need a tackle opposite of Samuels to help protect Ramsey and open holes for Portis. Best Tackle in the draft? Perhaps I feel he is up there with Barron but I feel that D’Brickashaw better fits the Redskins offense.

10. Detroit Heath Miller TE Virginia
Detroit would love to have the success other teams such as San Diego and Kansas City has throwing down the field to the TE and now they can. Heath will open and stretch the middle of the field for Harrington and provide another target for him to throw to as well as provide additional help blocking for Kevin Jones. With a healthy Rogers due back in 2005, this is offense is starting to find it’s identity!

11. Dallas Sammy Davis S Georgia
Dallas’ secondary is soft and Woodson is as good as gone. They need help along the defensive line but they will address that with their second 1st round pick. Davis will improve a secondary that struggled and helped it’s defense drop from #1 in 2003. I think Davis is a good pick here and should do will under Parcell’s If Newman can bounce back in 2005 from a sub-par year then Dallas’ secondary will be one of the youngest and most formidable in the league in 2005

12.San Diego Derrick Johnson OLB Texas
Oh yeah, do they really need a LB…not more than they need a WR but I don’t see a big play receiver on the board worthy of taking at this point. They will select a WR with their second pick or maybe through FA DJ is just too good to pass up!

13.Houston Roderick Wright DT Texas
The third Longhorn taken in the draft and boy is he a good one. Here’s the scoop, they’ll play him on the end and that will free up Robaire Smith to play inside. Seth Payne is a hard working guy but his production has dropped not to mention injuries to his knees have taken a toll, the Texans do not resign him in the off-season and start to rebuild a defensive line that desperately seeks a pass rusher!

14.Carolina Alex Barron OT Florida State
No surprise what Carolina lacks and that’s compliment to Gross on the other side of the line. With Barron, the Panther’s create a dynamic pair of bookends to anchor their line! Injuries really hurt their chances of making the play-offs in 2004 They will be returning a lot of players in 2005 that’s why I don’t see them going skill position with their 1st choice.

15. Kansas City Ahmad Brooks OLB Virginia
Defense, Defense and more Defense should be the Chief’s focus in 2005. Brooks gives Gunther Cunningham a playmaker on defense and someone to build his defense around. I look for him to have an impact much like the one Vilma made in N.Y. or D.J. Williams in Denver.

16. New Orleans Matt Leinhart QB USC
Didn’t see him dropping this far did you? Well the only other team I can see picking this kid up is Arizona but I feel McCown second year as a starter will be a lot better and Green rather address his defense in the first round. Aaron Brooks sure can look good at times but boy can he stink it up others. I think the Saints organization makes a move here and looks help build a stronger offense.

17.Cinncinatti Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin
It was a close decision between Hawthorne and fellow teammate Erasmus James but in the end I feel Hawthorne fits the Bengal’s needs. The Bengal’s would like to be able to stop the run in 2005 and Hawthorne will help do that and bolster a sub-par defensive line. Some question Hawthorne’s work ethic but I wouldn’t worry about that too much, Lewis is a good coach and will get the most out of his rookie DT.

18. Dallas(f/Buffalo) Erasmus James DE Wisconsin
Dallas’ d-line is another issue to address. At DT La Roi Glover is their stud but there is no talent behind him but an even bigger problem is the lack or production from Marcellus Wiley. If James doesn’t start in 2005 he will see a load of playing time. Under Parcell’s Erasmus James will have the oppurtunity to make a huge splash in the league.

19. Jacksonville David Pollack DE Georgia
David is an undersized DE with a huge motor and even bigger heart. I think his personality and work ethic fits Jack Del Rio’s style. Pollack will give his all every snap of the game and that’s what the Jaguars need. He will be a good pick up and team favorite.

20. Baltimore Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
Baltimore needs help at the wide out position there is no doubt about it. Mark Clayton will help out the struggling Ravens offense tremendously especially Kylie Boller. Mark may be a little undersized but his maturity and experience having played under Bob Stoops will help make a splash on his new team and adjust to NFL play.

We could use both Barron and Wright. But in the end, which one do we have a decent back up?

I would rather have a franchise tackle for the next 10-15 years, than Wright.

At this point things are so iffy, all we can do is speculate. I think after the combine is when Mock Drafts start to get very detailed and become accurate. I like Wright because of his attitude and discipline and Fergeson for the same reason but Fergy won't be there at #13 but there is a good chance that Wright or Barron will. If Payne leaves that leaves a huge void on the d-line and yeah he hasn't been putting up great stats but at this point there is no one that can fill his role without hurting another position aside from Smith and then you have a void at the end spot on the d-line. Wand will come around, he wasn't really supposed to be starting until this comming season anyway so he is a year ahead of schedule. But it wouldn't hurt to seek an OT in the 3rd round for depth.

I guess I'll take a crack at a mock draft (Since Leinart and Ferguson said that they are staying in college, they will not be included)

1. 49ers - QB Aaron Rogers
2. Dolphins - RB Cedric Benson
3. Browns - OT Alex Barron
4. Bears - WR Mike Williams
5. Tampa Bay - DT Rodrique Wright
6. Titans - OT Jammal Brown
7. Raiders - LB Derrick Johnson
8. Arizona - RB Carnell Williams
9. Washington - DE Mathias Kiwanuka
10. Lions - SS Thomas Davis
11. Cowboys - CB Antrel Rolle
12. Chargers - WR Braylon Edwards
13. Texans - DE Marcus Spears
14. Carolina - OT Marcus McNeil
15. Chiefs - CB PacMan Jones
16. Saints - LB Ahman Brooks
17. Bengals - DT Travis Johnson
18. Cowboys - DE Erasmus James
19. Jacksonville - DE David Pollack
20. Ravens - WR Mark Clayton

I don't think there is one yet, but most are assuming he'll stay since PEte Carrol is staying. We'll now for sure on the 15th. Even more puzzling to me is all teh mock drafts including teh 3 players from Virginia when none have said anything, except that they are all leaning towards returning to school.

I'm sure that the players from Virginia are just feeling out their draft stock, they are makeing sure that they have ligit shots a being 1st round pics and are not going to fall like Randy Starks and PK Sams did, even thought they weren't 1st round projections.

looks like the first modification is already upon beerlover with 9. Washington - Mathias Kiwanuka DE, Boston College. staying in school. Gibbs loves tightends which it what surprised me last year when he passed on Kellen Winslow, so heres the #1 tightend in this years draft Heath Miller out of Virginia. Guess what he passes again! Out with Brunell & in with Aaron Rodgers.

4. Chicago - Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan.
5. Tampa Bay - Cadillac Williams RB, Auburn.
7. Oakland - Mike Williams WR, USC.
8. Arizona - Cedric Benson RB, Texas.
9. Washington - Aaron Rogers QB, Cal.
10. Detroit - Thomas Davis S, Georgia.
11. Dallas - Antrell Rolle CB, Miami.
14. Carolina - Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn.
15. Kansas City - Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan.
16, New Orleans - David Pollack LB/DE, Georgia.
17. Cincinnati - Mark Clayton WR, Oklahoma.
19. Jacksonville - Adam Jones CB, West Virginia.
20. Ravens - Elton Brown OG, Virginia

Here is my updated Mock Draft through the first round of the playoffs. Note: The draft order is subject to change as teams win & lose in the playoffs. For instance, the teams that make it to the Superbowl pick last (#31,#32) regardless of regular season record, so if the Rams or Vikings reach the Superbowl the teams behind them in selection order all move up one spot. If both the Vikings (#18) & Rams (#19) lose before the Superbowl they fall back into position.

4. Bears - Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan.
5. Bucs - Cadillac Williams RB, Auburn.
7. Raiders - Mike Williams WR, USC.
8. Cardinals - Cedric Benson RB, Texas.
9. Redskins - Aaron Rogers QB, Cal.
10. Lions - Thomas Davis S, Georgia.
11. Cowboys - Antrell Rolle CB, Miami.
14. Panthers - Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn.
15. Chiefs - Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan.
16, Saints - David Pollack LB/DE, Georgia.
17. Bengals - Mark Clayton WR, Oklahoma.
19. Jaguars - Adam Jones CB, West Virginia.
20. Ravens - Elton Brown OG, Virginia
21. Seahawks - Brandon Browner CB, Oregon State.
22. Packers - Alex Smith QB, Utah.
23. Broncos - Shawn Cody DT, USC.

I don't see the Packers passing up a defensive player for Alex Smith...

They already have O'Sullivan and Nall, and defense is their primary concern....

I really don't see the Texans picking Ngata, too much of a liability at #13, I would definetly take a chance on him with a 2nd or 3rd round choice.

The last mock draft I saw was done on 01/07/05 has us taking Ronnie Brown RB from Auburn with our 13th pick, Haloti Ngata DT from Oregon with our 47th pick, James Butler FS from Georgia Tech with our 73rd pick, and Anthony Alabi OT from TCU with our 78th pick. Any thoughts on these picks?

fair enough,

I have Ronnie Brown still available @ #13 (going 14th to the Panthers-mind you my mock only) if the 6'5" 350 lb JR. NT out of the U of O does not declare, Ronnie has a legitimate chance. Otherwise if Ngata does declare & the Texans do not select him in the 1st round, NO way he lasts until we pick again in the 2nd. Therefore in the 2nd I really like MLB Odell Thurman he could start next year and really tighten the coverage underneath & is exceptionally quick side to side in run support.

James Butler seems like a good prospect, but I feel the Texans will address the offensive line with the best available player here, maybe as you suggested Anthony Alabi but if Logan Mankins is available he would make an excellent LG & eventually a solid LT. Its a deep CB draft as well maybe one of the larger more physical corner like Jimmy Williams 6-3 215 4.5 - Virginia Tech.

Basicly your on the right track, not bad at all :howdy:

I didn't do that up beer, it was from the last mock draft I saw. If we could take Ronnie Brown at #13, then address the LB, OL, and DL I would be happy with that. I do not understand why so many mocks have us taking safeties in this draft. I do not think we should take a S in this draft.

texan279 said:
I didn't do that up beer, it was from the last mock draft I saw. If we could take Ronnie Brown at #13, then address the LB, OL, and DL I would be happy with that. I do not understand why so many mocks have us taking safeties in this draft. I do not think we should take a S in this draft.

I agree with that :heh: your on the right track "BPA who fullfills a NEED & fits the moral fiber character of the TEAM"

texan279 said:

These guys got this info early in the year with Eric Brown still playing and won't let it go. Most of the guys who do these things get their team needs from another site without actually watching the team play. The killing thing is that often those guys have us like reaching in the first round to fill a need that is not even a need.

These guys got this info early in the year with Eric Brown still playing and won't let it go. Most of the guys who do these things get their team needs from another site without actually watching the team play. The killing thing is that often those guys have us like reaching in the first round to fill a need that is not even a need.

This mock was done 3 days ago, but I agree with your post.

I think Ngata is a wildcard, if he can prove he is 100% recovered rom his knee injuries than his stock will shoot through the roof and he will be a top 15 pick, if not then the Texans can pick him up in the third round. He is a wiiiiide body that can take up the middle of the opposing team's o-line and collapse a play. It all depends on his knees.

I can't see the Texans taking Barron. We need interior line help and he wouldn't address that at all, neither Wade nor Wand could move to guard or center. I think there is plenty of optimism for Wand and they just gave Wade a big 5 year contract last year.

It Rolle dropped down close to 13- I think I'd take him- despite having needs elsewhere. CB is a position where depth is always an asset (nickel and dime packages, for instance)

dalemurphy said:
It Rolle dropped down close to 13- I think I'd take him- despite having needs elsewhere. CB is a position where depth is always an asset (nickel and dime packages, for instance)

Especially in a division with Manning, McNair, and Leftwich.

Just learned today that Marcus McNeal OT, Auburn is returning to school next year, call it the trickle down effect. changes are in bold lettering

2. Dolphins - Aaron Rogers QB Cal.
3. Browns - Alex Barron OT, Florida State.
4. Bears - Braylon Edwards WR, Michigan.
5. Bucs - Cadillac Williams RB, Auburn.
7. Raiders - Mike Williams WR, USC.
8. Cardinals - Cedric Benson RB, Texas.
9. Redskins - Erasmus James DE, Wisconsin.
10. Lions - Thomas Davis S, Georgia.
11. Cowboys - Antrell Rolle CB, Miami.
12. Chargers (via Giants) - Elton Brown OG, Virginia.
14. Panthers - Ronnie Brown RB, Auburn.
15. Chiefs - Marlin Jackson CB, Michigan.
16, Saints - David Pollack LB/DE, Georgia.
17. Bengals - Mark Clayton WR, Oklahoma.
19. Jaguars - Adam Jones CB, West Virginia.
20. Ravens - Jammal Brown OT, Oklahoma.
21. Seahawks - Brandon Browner CB, Oregon State.
22. Packers - Alex Smith QB, Utah.
23. Broncos - Shawn Cody DT, USC.

Can you explain why the Packers would draft a QB [when they already have 2 in the system and learning it] instead of taking defense?

gg no re said:
Can you explain why the Packers would draft a QB [when they already have 2 in the system and learning it] instead of taking defense?

Because both Nall and O'sullivan are average at best QB's. GreenBay DOES need a QB successor to groom when Brett leaves.

I think they jump up to snag the odd man out.

1. Aaron Rodgers California 6-3 220 4.70
2. Alex Smith Utah 6-4 212 4.70
3. Matt Leinart USC 6-5 220 4.80

Of course they could just wait for one of these guys to hit them. They are all underrated quarterbacks.

4. Charlie Frye Akron 6-4 228 4.65
5. Kyle Orton Purdue 6-4 226 4.90
6. Andrew Walter Arizona St. 6-5 235 4.85

I disagree with that though... Nall's the QB that Green Bay has been grooming! They've already put enough time into the guy, I don't think they'll waste him by drafting another QB.

After all, with the "QB Farm System" of the Packers, who's to say that Nall is destined to mediocrity when other great QBs have sat behind Favre?

If anything, if GB HAS to draft another QB, Chris Rix is obviously the best choice [that is, if GB wants another reckless, crazy QB with arm power >_>]

On top of that, GB does have gaping holes on defense.... DE, DT, LB, CB, FS... they won't have the cap space to cover it all through free agency, and will need to draft as many defensive studs as they can.

i understand your frustration GB, but didn't the Packers use their 1st pick last year on a CB (Ahmad Carroll)? Then traded down from the 2nd rd to aquire more picks in the 3rd where they drafted yet another CB (Joey Thomas) & DT (Donnell Washington)? Seems like exactly what they did in last years draft, tried to address a multitude of defensive needs.

soon I believe Sherman is stepping down from being GM and the Packers are bringing in Ted Thompson from Seattle to rebuild the team. Where do new GM's generally speaking start with the rebuilding process, what position did the Texans use with their #1 pick in the draft?

add to this Brett Favre is seriously (he should for his own health reasons) thinking retirement. What I would like to see if I where a Packer Fan would be for Brett to stick around as QB coach, draft a bright young mind with the skill set to quickly learn his system, get one of the top picks in the following years draft and reunite Alex with Reggie Bush as the future of the Packers. IMO

They have Antonio Perkins and Jamaal Brimmer both going in the middle of the 1st Round. I really like Brimmer, but even I don't think he'll be a first round pick.

i understand your frustration GB, but didn't the Packers use their 1st pick last year on a CB (Ahmad Carroll)? Then traded down from the 2nd rd to aquire more picks in the 3rd where they drafted yet another CB (Joey Thomas) & DT (Donnell Washington)? Seems like exactly what they did in last years draft, tried to address a multitude of defensive needs.
Packers need:

• DE - Kampman isn't doing it... could be solved through free agency, but the Pack have cap problems.... also, KGB needs attention taken away from him.

• DT - Donnell is coming off a bad knee injury, Hunt is overpaid and ineffective, Grady doesn't play enough to make an impact.

• MLB - Because Barnett is better at the OLB spot, but there is no one who can be a great MLB

• SS - Mark Roman... real fearsome there.

• A successor to Sharper at the FS spot, who also eats up a bad portion of the Packer cap space.

The only area where the Pack are fine are OLB [provided Barnett can shift] and CB... everything else is a hole that needs studs to insert themselves into.

The Packer offense itself needs no fix.... Nall can just feed off the playaction created by the power running game from Ahman Green and Najeh Davenport.

Back