Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Mock draft

Do the board still do the member mock? My buddies and I do a 3 rd mock most years. If you get 4 or 5 of your buddies and do a mock together, its really a trip. Players you think might be there are gone and vice versa.
We've done mocks here before. Haven't seen one in a couple years. It's a chore to manage. I'm working two jobs so I know I don't have time to manager it.

We've done mocks here before. Haven't seen one in a couple years. It's a chore to manage. I'm working two jobs so I know I don't have time to manager it.
Yeah, I remember something similar. If you have guys who are league guys, you take teams and draft for them. It doesn't have to be on this platform, but it kinda works like a online fantasy draft. So 5 guys will just draft next team up. You will find out really quick how the draft operates

In both a good and bad way, Simulators, because ease of use and free access have lessened the need to gather 32 GMs and coordinate a real smooth mock draft exercise. That and Bill O’Brian knocked the wind out of our sails.

That being said, this is a really good year along with next couple to revitalize fan base and generate enough interest to attempt one again :koolaid:

In both a good and bad way, Simulators, because ease of use and free access have lessened the need to gather 32 GMs and coordinate a real smooth mock draft exercise. That and Bill O’Brian knocked the wind out of our sails.

That being said, this is a really good year along with next couple to revitalize fan base and generate enough interest to attempt one again :koolaid:
We did a mock draft for about 5 years.

Everybody wants to participate, but it takes a commitment for a couple of weeks and by the end of the draft you've got 2-3 posters making all of the picks.

Thankfully Lucky does a poll vote for the 1st rd. I hope he goes through #37.

Thanks Lucky

Last edited:
We did a mock draft for about 5 years.

Everybody wants to participate, but it takes a commitment for a couple of weeks and by the end of the draft you've got 2-3 posters making all of the picks.

Thankfully Lucky does a poll vote for the 1st rd. I hope he goes through #37.

Thanks Lucky
Its hard to get 32 family members together for a family reunion. Thats why I said you get 4 or 5 players and you roll with it for like 3 rds.

Its hard to get 32 family members together for a family reunion. Thats why I said you get 4 or 5 players and you roll with it for like 3 rds.
We tried to do 16 members and 7 rds.

We did this for around 5 yrs.

But if you want to start up a mock I'm sure you can get 5 solid members to participate. Count me in.

We tried to do 16 members and 7 rds.

We did this for around 5 yrs.

But if you want to start up a mock I'm sure you can get 5 solid members to participate. Count me in.
Cool. Maybe we get 5 and do a 3 rd. I would like Texian, 76 Texan, to be involved also. Anyone else who follows not only the Texans, but the league in general?

Back