Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Minicamp quotes

Trading AJ is not the way a new regime wants to start out here in Houston. That'll get them on lot's of folks **** list quickly.

If trading Andre is the best for the team shouldn't the fans accept that?

I really hope that the Texans FO isn't very worried about upset the fans.

Now if they trade Andre for basically nothing-- that is a problem. They would have to get some value.

If trading Andre is the best for the team shouldn't the fans accept that?

I really hope that the Texans FO isn't very worried about upset the fans.

Now if they trade Andre for basically nothing-- that is a problem. They would have to get some value.

I would take a 1 and a 3 this yr from the Ravens and a 2015 1st for AJ and never look back.

BTW, does anybody else think it's stupid to have mini camps on the week before the draft? Thanks God'ell hope those sweeps week ratings are worth it.

Absent a Herschel Walker trade I see zero chance the Texans start off the new regime by trading away one of their best two players.

I thought Bob Allen retired? Bob's opinion meant nothing to me when he was hired, much less retired

Trading AJ is not the way a new regime wants to start out here in Houston. That'll get them on lot's of folks **** list quickly.
I admit it's somewhere between far-fetched and absurd, but the reality is that even though AJ is inarguably the best offensive player if not the best player period this franchise has ever had, he's part of this teams history more than it's future. OK let's just say that they talked to AJ about "modifying' his contract, and AJ didn't like their ideas and one thing led to another and he's saying, "OK fine, but you have to trade me to a SB" contender." Stranger things have happened - nobody every imagined that Montana would leave the 49ers.

Considering what Andre did last year getting into a shouting match with Matt on the sideline and then storming off the field, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Andre is realllllllly tired of losing.

Texans blow out the coaching staff. They sign Ryan Fitzpatrick. That's got to make him feel warm and fuzzy right?

Andre is probably waiting to see what we do in the draft and if we get a QB that can make an immediate impact.

Dre has been a loyal player, but everyone has limits. Personally, I wouldn't fault him if he wanted to go some place where he had a better chance of winning a Superbowl next year.

If I'm not mistaken, Dre has only missed one team type practice and that was when he had that little contract issue.

It would not surprise me at all if Dre ends up getting moved.

I would take a 1 and a 3 this yr from the Ravens and a 2015 1st for AJ and never look back.

BTW, does anybody else think it's stupid to have mini camps on the week before the draft? Thanks God'ell hope those sweeps week ratings are worth it.

Thats the thing with Dre.

There is no team that is willing to pay what the Texans fanbase would want for him. He is impossible to be objective about.

If we're really talking about what we'd want in a package, I'd want at least a 1st and a couple of 2nds for him (or trade a second for a bona fide WR prospect). No one is touching that price for a 32 year old #1 WR.

AJ stays, wins a Superbowl, becomes GM, wins 10 more Superbowls. It is that simple. :fans:

I liked Ben Jones on the right side & I loved Brooks on the left. Ben Jones looked as good to me as Chris Meyers in the run game. Whether he pops out to the second level, or Meyers does, I think it adds versatility you don't get with Brooks there. I also prefer to see Ben pull around the left end when we run to the left.

As far as pass pro goes, Brooks belongs over there with Duane. That's an impenetrable wall over there. Forget about the left side for the next 5 years.

That's how I wanted to do it last year. Wade Smith had no business playing, much less starting.

I know everybody has high expectations for Quessenberry, but that guy looks like a tackle to me. He should be in the mix with Williams as the RT/Swing tackle.

I believe it's possible that we've got all the pieces we need to field a starting OL. A good starting OL & may not need to address it as early in the draft as I would like. If we see Ben Jones in the starting lineup, if we see Quessenberry as a tackle, that's just going to add to my theory that the RickSmith/GaryKubiak fued has been going on a lot longer than we think & it finally came to a head in 2014.

Kubiak, Wade, Harris, Kollar, even Frank Bush & Vance Joseph. Those guys are teachers. It's hard for me to believe we've developed basically no one that Rick Smith has brought in, but these guys go to other teams & are able to scrape together decent NFL careers (longer than 3 years). I think they manipulated the roster for years, because they didn't like Rick's guys.

But we'll see.

In concurrence with our resident surgeon, my bet is Williams never plays a down as a Pro. That microfracture surgery is a really low percentage return rate injury. Especially for large men. Brennan Williams is a Large Man.

If we give up our #1 WR, he must be replaced immediately. Would you use 1.1 for Watkins or Evans or hope a 2nd round guy works?

Only way McNair allows AJ to be traded, is if AJ requests the trade.

If he did that I think they would respect his wishes and grant it.

Otherwise he retires a Texan ...

I like what I have read about OB's practices so far.

I like what some of the players have said as well. Can't wait to get the rookies in there learning.

Andre has agreed to so many restructures that it seems that he will be carrrying significant financial implications through 2016.

There was no shouting match.

Good lord, in the retelling a brief exchange is going to become fisticuffs.

Fisticuffs? I thought Dre choked him out with an arm triangle. (And that's tough to do with all those pads on).

Fisticuffs? I thought Dre choked him out with an arm triangle. (And that's tough to do with all those pads on).
actually, AJ lisfranc'd him & Schaub tapped out but in doing so he threw a water ball that was intercepted and taken for a pick 6.:hurrah:

Back