Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

McNabb traded!

"With the #4 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select Russell Okung, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma State."

Bizarre move by Shanahan. Why give up a 2nd + for a guy who may only be a round another 2 years or so. Does he have his eye on a young QB to groom who he likes? The skins will not win this year, so its a bit of a head scratcher.

Bizarre move by Shanahan. Why give up a 2nd + for a guy who may only be a round another 2 years or so. Does he have his eye on a young QB to groom who he likes? The skins will not win this year, so its a bit of a head scratcher.

Mcnabb is not old. He still has a good five years left. He will be a free agent at the end of this year. I'm sure that him agreeing to a long term contract with the Skins was part of the deal.

Mcnabb is not old. He still has a good five years left. He will be a free agent at the end of this year. I'm sure that him agreeing to a long term contract with the Skins was part of the deal.

He is 33 right now. You think he can still play at 38? I am thinking He can play till about 35 at top level and after that will no longer be at that top level.

He is 33 right now. You think he can still play at 38? I am thinking He can play till about 35 at top level and after that will no longer be at that top level.

I think he can be a decent Qb till 37-38. A good Qb is hard to get in the NFL. The Skins will probably win 3-4 more games now with McNabb than they would with Jason Campbell. They then can draft a project this year or next year and he would be ready in 3-4 years.

Doesn't he only have a year left on his contract anyway?

Yep.. I'm sure the Skins and him agreed verbally to an extension before the trade.. Do you really think he will be going anywhere else? He will trying to stick it to the dirty birds until he retires.

Interesting move...At least McNabb will have the familiar situation of having to throw to no name wide receiving corp. Except for Chris Cooley, I can't name you a Redskin receiver. They'll be a run heavy team and play action pass, and McNabb can be a very good play action qb because he is a legit threat to run.

A trade in your own division .
I will skip over to the Ranch and read the comments there. However, based on our last two games I would be more uncomfortable with Vick than McNabb. Since they are the two I saw the most this past season, I'm not sure how Kolb looks at this point or who would be a possible draft. Interesting.

Unbelievable that he got traded in his own division!!!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Grossman is in the same positon Rosenfels was in last year. Rosenfels went to Minnesota thinking he was in a battle to be the starter then Favre happened.

I was not shocked that he got traded.

I was completely shocked to see him go to the Redskins.

I really figured the Skins would try to eek one year out of Campbell and Grossman. Guess I have proven yet again why I'm not a GM, a scout, or a paid prognosticator.

He's right back where he was with the Pre-TO Eagles - no one to throw the ball to.

I will not be shocked at all if the Redskins went out and signed TO now. I know those two weren't on the best of terms but I think the Redskins might just go for it all this year.

you can be certain the NFL will schedule a Eagles/Redskins game for Sunday or Monday night now.

I was not shocked that he got traded.

I was completely shocked to see him go to the Redskins.

I really figured the Skins would try to eek one year out of Campbell and Grossman. Guess I have proven yet again why I'm not a GM, a scout, or a paid prognosticator.

He's right back where he was with the Pre-TO Eagles - no one to throw the ball to.

They do have Santana Moss & Devin Thomas.... ok nobody. But I bet Shanny will change that in a hurry!

I don't think anyone was shocked that he got traded, although it is kinda schocking to see him traded to a divisional rival. . He's gonna play his best two times a year against Philly..

BTW, I am a little bit of an Eagles fan now (Eat 'em Kevin!!)... Except one time this coming season. :D

I don't think anyone was shocked that he got traded, although it is kinda schocking to see him traded to a divisional rival. . He's gonna play his best two times a year against Philly..

BTW, I am a little bit of an Eagles fan now (Eat 'em Kevin!!)... Except one time this coming season. :D

Yep, for that ONE game, it will be "Cush gonna eat you Kevin!"

Okay, Shanny & Son come in and see that no one on the roster is truly QB starter material for 2010.
- Campbell still needs work
- Rexie may never be more than a backup from now on (that Sage reference is very appropriate I think).
- Anyone they draft will be a project.
- This way they don't have to spend a #1 pick on a QB when they have so many other holes to fill.
So, IMHO, they hope to get two decent years out of McNabb while they find & groom his successor.
Plus McNabb gives them some insight into how Andy Reid thinks. That can't hurt.

Okay, Shanny & Son come in and see that no one on the roster is truly QB starter material for 2010.
- Campbell still needs work
- Rexie may never be more than a backup from now on (that Sage reference is very appropriate I think).
- Anyone they draft will be a project.
- This way they don't have to spend a #1 pick on a QB when they have so many other holes to fill.
So, IMHO, they hope to get two decent years out of McNabb while they find & groom his successor.
Plus McNabb gives them some insight into how Andy Reid thinks. That can't hurt.

I think the "Skins will be looking very hard at McCoy in the 2nd

I was already an Eagles fan at least twice a season; now I'll have even more reason to be interested.

Go Coogs!

And naturally, I'm good with "the Cush" eatin' up Kevin.. I hope "the Cush" eats the corn right off the Kolb.. ;)

Biil even on this day.You made Jesus facepalm..lol
images

And all of the retarded philly fans get their wish. Maybe if the Eagles get incredibly lucky, Kevin Kolb will end up being as good as. . .

. . .Donovan McNabb!

So it's still JR's team then? My my....I read he came into mini camp somewhat overweight.

It was originally reported that he was "in the best shape he's been in years" and he was down to 271. Apparently that was a lie and he's floating around 290...

Okay for all the Kolb could be the next Aaron Rodgers people, is Aaron Rodgers better than McNabb?

He's younger but I'm not convinced he is better.

You never know with quarterbacks who have only played in a couple of games just who you have got. He might be good, but he would have to be GREAT to be better than McNabb.

Back