Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson

I was all for getting Lynch until I saw him play. I don't remember who they played, but he really didn't look that great. He seemed to run with a style similar to Morency. Instead of hitting the hole, he stutter-stepped waiting for a hole to open. IMHO, he just doesn't fit Kubiak's style.

Waiting for the hole IS Kubiaks style... one of the problems at times this years was backs not waiting for the zone blocking to open a hole.

I'm reviving this thread because I think Lynch is a great back and would rather draft him at 8 than trade up for AP, but thats a stretch. I think he's better at running the seam, and I prefer that over the open field back any day.

Also I dont think we need an every down back, so thats another reason I would rather have Lynch.

Secondly, it is very concerning that Peterson has played in fewer and fewer games each year he has been in college. He is a proven workhorse who can carry the ball 30 times a game, but apparently it beats him up. Sure none of those injuries are really long time injuries, but the fact that when he carries the ball that much he seems to end up sitting on the medical table is a little worrysome.

I'm definiately not one for drafting Lynch. And I love Peterson's upside. But maybe RB isn't as sure a spot as people are thinking.

It is a bit concerning but once he gets in the NFL he will be in a 2 back system. I think most teams are learning that the 2 back system allows for healthier players for a longer amount of time. I think that's what Bob Stoops learned this year after he learned about Allen Patrick. Allen Patrick should have gotten alot of those Peterson carries. He was productive and could have given Peterson more time to rest, taking fewer hits.

Back