Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Mario Williams=Bust/ Reggie Bush=God

Bush is going to be fine, every dog has his day, and he did not hardly touch the ball, given 20 carries not telling what he might do. I do think the guy is going to have his lunch ate if he burns to the edge every run. He needs to progress through his lane and then turn on the afterburn. Give the guy a break he can not play great every game. L-White did look good, and given more time he is going to be a great RB, or at least I hope so. I would also like to say that they are both playing for weak teams, N.O. sucks and Tenn is even worse. Heck, Vince has three dropped passes every game that is so weak. Mario is the lucky one, the Texans look much better against there opposition so far. I wish people would just let it go. Everyone should be happy, I am.

Part of the issue with folks and Bush is all the hype before and after the draft and the denigration of/towards Mario, but I suspect most of the hostility towards him is that at every chance ESPN and most of the media do a "Hey McFly what were you thinking" slap to the back of the collective Texans nation every chance they get, and lots of folks don't seem to take real kindly to that.

edo783 said:
Part of the issue with folks and Bush is all the hype before and after the draft and the denigration of/towards Mario, but I suspect most of the hostility towards him is that at every chance ESPN and most of the media do a "Hey McFly what were you thinking" slap to the back of the collective Texans nation every chance they get, and lots of folks don't seem to take real kindly to that.

Thats exactly what it is.:cowboy1:

I know a lot of people are saying that they hope all the best for Bush. And that's all nice and everything and you're not supposed to wish ill on anyone and all that...

But after everything that's been said about Mario and the Texans... to be totally and completely honest... I am hoping that Bush falls flat on his face. That may be evil or whatever but that's the truth.

The Pencil Neck said:
I know a lot of people are saying that they hope all the best for Bush. And that's all nice and everything and you're not supposed to wish ill on anyone and all that...

But after everything that's been said about Mario and the Texans... to be totally and completely honest... I am hoping that Bush falls flat on his face. That may be evil or whatever but that's the truth.

Hey don't be so harsh. You should wish him all the best when he is playing anyone but us in the AFC South at least :) Go Texans!

A little hard to compare these two players, Mario a DE, and Reggie RB... I could see if it was two RB's or two DE's........they will never compare, this year's draft will always be a debate unit unfortunatley one of these players get hurt or in trouble with the law, only then will ESPN will come out and say which team had the best draft, which is very sad.........

Yeah then its right in your face obvious like Ryan Leaf / Payton Manning. I wonder who got the better QB out of that draft. *Grin*

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS said:
A little hard to compare these two players, Mario a DE, and Reggie RB... I could see if it was two RB's or two DE's........they will never compare, this year's draft will always be a debate unit unfortunatley one of these players get hurt or in trouble with the law, only then will ESPN will come out and say which team had the best draft, which is very sad.........
what do you mean it is hard to compare.

I'll make it easy for you:
Michael Jordan is better than Mike Tyson
Tiger Woods can beat Joe Montana
Babe Ruth and Pele are about even
Lance Armstrong destroys Randy "the Macho Man" Savage
Dale Earnhart over Brian Boitano (barely)

now that wasn't so complicated was it.

mexican_texan said:
I would like all these threads in this thread so I can ignore them easily. :homer:

If I'm already annoyed in week 2 of the pre-season, we're in for a loooong season.
Mario got doubleteamed and batted down a pass, Reggie (not even close to god) got 7 yards on 4 carries 1.75 avg..hardly worth making him a supreme being:pigfly:

BigDTexansFan said:
Mario got doubleteamed and batted down a pass, Reggie (not even close to god) got 7 yards on 4 carries 1.75 avg..hardly worth making him a supreme being:pigfly:

Ok once and for all mexican_texan does not have the opinion that Mario Williams is a bust or that Reggie Bush is a god. This threads purpose is essentially the same as a message board toilet.

peace out.

HAHAHA! I wonder where are the AINTS trolls now! I'm simply tired of all the hatin' of our guy, Super Mario! Remember, it takes time for many DEs & DTs to produce! And I thought he had a nice game!:redtowel:

I told you guys in April that Mario would be a disappointment. He stands up out of his stance too often and only stat pads against horrible tackles. Granted, two preseason games don't mean a lot, but has the guy even sniffed the quarterback yet? I saw most of his games at State and his performance doesn't come anywhere close to his talent level.

Collin said:
I told you guys in April that Mario would be a disappointment. He stands up out of his stance too often and only stat pads against horrible tackles. Granted, two preseason games don't mean a lot, but has the guy even sniffed the quarterback yet? I saw most of his games at State and his performance doesn't come anywhere close to his talent level.

Well, yeah. In the last game, he forced two fouls where they had to hold him (there was at least 2 other holds they didn't call), he's had one tackle for a loss, he's knocked down a ball, he has crunched the line in places and freed up other rushers.

So far, I'm not disappointed at all.

Collin said:

well the stands in the stance is no biggy, that is coachable.

as far as padding stats, hey it is a four man deal up there against 5 guys, if mario draws a double team, that means weaver,tj,payne,babin arent' on the double team, if one of them is causing havok and demand a double team, then mario get freed one on one.. a potentially beautiful thing.

We have seven sacks in two games. After last year, you can't tell me that Mario hasn't got something to do with that.

Collin said:

And how did your expensive part time player do? He can't even run btw the tackles, hahahahahahahah! He's only good if he gets outside! I'm sure other team has seen the Cowboys game!:crying: :shoot: Just string 'em along!

Collin said:

Of Williams/Bush/Young who has lived up to their potential the most after 2 pre-season games? (Man typing "2 pre-season games" felt weird.)

HJam72 said:
We have seven sacks in two games. After last year, you can't tell me that Mario hasn't got something to do with that.

No offense, but when it comes to sacks FOR us, I have to correct you. We have 8 sacks.:redtowel:

Wow. Just re-read mexican-texan's first post.
I took it the WRONG way.
I'm now with him all the way.
All you who think Mario is a bust after two practice games, please post in this thread!

Collin said:
He stands up out of his stance too often and only stat pads against horrible tackles. has the guy even sniffed the quarterback yet?
... and Reggie White got ALL his sacks against All-Pros, right? Wrong.
All the greats have a few games with huge numbers against bad teams.

and he sniffed a QB when he tackled the RB in the backfield, which is as good as a sack.

why oh why.

Bush had over a hundred yards receiving.....why, because he is .........a receiver

only had 36 yards rushing.

yes he had 4 TDs, tell me how much he has next week

why oh why.

Bush had over a hundred yards receiving.....why, because he is .........a receiver

OK by your logic, he's a receiver. Um, last I checked, other than Johnson, the Texans receivers pretty much blow. No way they could use a guy with great hands and speed when they have 48 year old Moulds and a bunch of no-names like Derrick Lewis who used to sing the national anthem at Saints games- that is when he wasn't stuck on the practice squad.

why oh why.

6 TDs > 4.5 sacks (at least two of which were no better than leaning over and touching the QB).

Back