Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mario Williams arrested for criminal trespassing

texan279

Hall of Fame
HOUSTON — Former Houston Texans defensive end and No. 1 overall draft pick Mario Williams was arrested Tuesday for allegedly trespassing in a woman’s home.

Court documents claim Williams entered the woman’s home in Katy without her permission. He was arrested on a $100 bond.

A mental health or intellectual disability assessment has been ordered for Williams, according to court documents. Court documents also claim the woman filed a restraining order against Williams in May.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/texans/former-texan-no-1-overall-pick-mario-williams-arrested-for-criminal-trespassing/285-6399c3e4-7751-4097-92c2-41e7949728bd

Wolf6151

All Pro
KHOU says it was a restraining order and KTRK says it was a protective order, there's a big difference between them. The mental health assessment really makes you wonder what happened to him. He entered her house using a universal garage door opener that he copied her code into. It's a very minor charge and he'll do no jail time even IF it goes to court and IF he is convicted, most likely 6 months probation or a fine.

banned1976

sleeper mode
KHOU says it was a restraining order and KTRK says it was a protective order, there's a big difference between them. The mental health assessment really makes you wonder what happened to him. He entered her house using a universal garage door opener that he copied her code into. It's a very minor charge and he'll do no jail time even IF it goes to court and IF he is convicted, most likely 6 months probation or a fine.
The mental health assessment makes sense either way. My sons mother and I lived together for 6 years. When she unexpectedly left with him, she filed a restraining order against me. Even though she was the one acting irrational I was the one who had to get a mental health assessment. The court erred on caution, scheduled supervised visits until the assessment could occur. Frustrating and agonizing as it was, I understood.

Yeah, Mario “broke” into baby mommas house. Never a day went by when I was separated from my son (he was 9 months old at the time) that I didn’t think of doing something drastic to see him. Maybe if I had millions of dollars...who knows?

I’ll wait to see what happens with this case before jumping to the conclusion Mario Williams has a mental health issue.

Wolf6151

All Pro
Could you give a brief rundown on the differences?
A restraining order is a civil order (non-criminal) issued by a judge usually in civil matters like a divorce. Violation of this order is punishable by fines, not prison time, and is NOT enforceable by police. A protective order (criminal, not civil in nature) is also issued by a judge but is much harder to obtain. It requires a documented history of violence, and violation of a protective order is enforceable by police. In fact it's a mandatory arrest by police, non discretionary. A protective order is usually issued in family violence situations. Hope that clarified things. Since Mario only got the criminal trespass charge I'm guessing the order he violated was a restraining order, not protective order. If he had violated a protective order that would have been another charge in addition to the criminal trespass.