Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Mario at OLB?

Put the guy wherever he will be the most successful. But the guy is 300 pounds. He will not play OLB successfully.

I don't know, some on carolina's board are complaining about Peppers and his productivity this year, Mario and him are pretty even.

I am not saying mario is peppers (he has proven himself) but wonder what is going on . scheme? players around him? offense not doing enough to make another team one dimensional so the defense can do what is best

just brainstorming here

The "scheme" for a weakside DE isn't very complex. "get after the QB", protect the edge, and chase the back for the backside cutback isn't exactly the Pythagorean theorem.

Ouch. What is that - 6th grade math?

I know many of us wish they had a working flux capacitor so they could travel back to the 2006 draft in order to warn Casserly and Kubiak that Mario may not be the best #1 pick. Right now, I don't know if Bush or VY were worthy of that spot either. Maaaaaaybe Bush with the way he's stepped up a bit with Deuce's absense.

But play Mario where he makes the most impact. If it's not at DE, then shame on us, we made a bad choice, but there's really no way applying a "you don't draft LB as the first pick!" argument makes much of a difference if that's what the team chooses to do (which they likely won't).

Make the most out of the PLAYER, not make the most out of a PICK POSITION that occurred 2 years ago.

The best of the bunch is Demeco Ryans. Id take him number one...

I noticed it. I thought he performed exceptionally in the two-point stance. Who knows, maybe we can move him to OLB and play a 3-4 defense? Historically speaking, it is harder to produce against. Any sort of a change would help at this point. We seem to give up at least one huge pass a game and too many rushing yards. Change it up Smith!

Back