Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Man, you fellas are going through it!

Omerta

Waterboy
I was talking with a friend about my impending move to the Houston area and he insinuated I would waver loyalty from the Ravens to the Texans and be wearing battle red this time next year. I laughed and said it isn’t likely, Houston is cursed. Although if I had to pick a team that wasn’t the Ravens, It would be the Texans.

Then I thought about it and you fans must be the most loyal, next to only Cleveland. In the last year or so the Texans have:

Traded Hopkins for nothing

Fired BoB and got hope only to have it dashed by David Culley.

Locked up your franchise guy only to have him balk a year later.

retained Easterby

Lost a legend in JJ, after he let the world know guys in the locker room were half-assing it.

Mortgaged your draft for Tunsil which hurts worse considering you guys would be primed to draft Sewell this year.

That all said, I was wondering what the fan vibe is for the future? Is this the Houston “Reset”? New England did it last year, shelling bad contracts, playing young guys for the experience, getting themselves in a responsible position for the draft, and creating a new identity and signing people in a deflated cap year making next years and the year after a salary cap manageable buy front loading. Baltimore did it 4 years ago. Is this what is going on in Houston.

Also I wont comment on the Watson situation as it seems fishy, so pragmatism is in order to wait until it fleshes itself out.

either way I’m wishing y’all luck.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Thanks
But no it's just how Cal runs the show. And with Easterby around who knows what may happen. We hired a good GM but I don't know if they are fully allowing him to make the calls. As Easterby had a hand in everything last year. I just want Watson gone, too much trouble for my taste

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I was talking with a friend about my impending move to the Houston area and he insinuated I would waver loyalty from the Ravens to the Texans and be wearing battle red this time next year. I laughed and said it isn’t likely, Houston is cursed. Although if I had to pick a team that wasn’t the Ravens, It would be the Texans.

Then I thought about it and you fans must be the most loyal, next to only Cleveland. In the last year or so the Texans have:

retained Easterby

Lost a legend in JJ, after he let the world know guys in the locker room were half-assing it.

Mortgaged your draft for Tunsil which hurts worse considering you guys would be primed to draft Sewell this year.

That all said, I was wondering what the fan vibe is for the future? Is this the Houston “Reset”? New England did it last year, shelling bad contracts, playing young guys for the experience, getting themselves in a responsible position for the draft, and creating a new identity and signing people in a deflated cap year making next years and the year after a salary cap manageable buy front loading. Baltimore did it 4 years ago. Is this what is going on in Houston.

Also I wont comment on the Watson situation as it seems fishy, so pragmatism is in order to wait until it fleshes itself out.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

Texian

Hall of Fame

retained Easterby

It's worse, you forgot Duane Brown, Jadeveon Clowney and the Osweiler Fustercluck. And now they have spent their entire available salary cap on guys they could've signed for Vet minimums.

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Most of us root for this franchise because it has HOUSTON in the name. For many of us right now, that might be the only reason.

I can't force myself to care about another team. I don't care if others like to bandwagon - I'm not judging - because this stuff should be FUN. But something deep inside my mind just won't let me really get behind another team.

So I'm stuck with this one, for better or for worse. . .like virtually everyone here. I guess I could just stop watching the NFL. . .but, naaaaaaah.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
What's to prevent you from supporting two different teams which is what I've done ever since moving here from the KC area back in the last century, and to this day I remain a Chiefs & Texans fan. Ok it's always a problem when the teams play each other, but that dosen't happen too often a long as they aren't in the same division.
So welcome to Houston and the Texans MB Omerta !

OzzO

.. and then?
What they said.... Been a 2 team supporter myself and they both are sucking like a... well, whatever metaphor you'd like to use. Welcome to Houston and all the best for a smooth relocation

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
In the last year or so the Texans have:

retained Easterby

This isn’t normal?

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
Most of us root for this franchise because it has HOUSTON in the name. For many of us right now, that might be the only reason.

I can't force myself to care about another team. I don't care if others like to bandwagon - I'm not judging - because this stuff should be FUN. But something deep inside my mind just won't let me really get behind another team.

So I'm stuck with this one, for better or for worse. . .like virtually everyone here. I guess I could just stop watching the NFL. . .but, naaaaaaah.
Stings but so true. Oilers to Texans, the House of Pain, who would’ve thought it’d be true for the fan base.

banned1976

sleeper mode

retained Easterby

The Texans are saddled another year with some really bad contracts. Notables include Whitney Mercilus, Randall Cobb, and Eric Murray. They just couldn't bring themselves to eat the cap this year. So, it's looks like they're spreading the pain for two years while also doing this:

1616115278127.png

Not a complete rebuild but a lot of changes.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Have it rough? This is the most entertaining the team has been in 5 years. As a Houston fan you learn that the on field play is just there to provide background for the real entertainment of the off field stuff. Kind of like how on Jerry Springer the questions and topics are just a launching point and excuse for the fighting.
I kinda miss the actual sport though. Never been a fan of soap operas, or Springer/Povich shows.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

retained Easterby

Thanks, great post and yes, this is a reset yr. If they're able to get DW4 traded for a decent value they should. Or wait until next offseason. I think the Panthers will pay the freight. Hopefully they can draft a young QB, I want them to draft either Wilson if they can do a NYJ/Mia trade or Mac Jones if they get #8 from Carolina.

Out of all the cheap signings I hope they can find 3 solid starters and draft 2 or 3 more. They should be able to get a starter at the top of the 3rd and trade back into the 3rd for another starter. Hopefully one of the small school edges fall. (Ellerson Smith reminds me of a young Jason Taylor and Jordan Smith of a young Shaq Barrett.) If this happens I will be very happy with this team.

badboy

Hall of Fame

retained Easterby

Same Omerta that was on here few years ago?

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
The Texans are saddled another year with some really bad contracts. Notables include Whitney Mercilus, Randall Cobb, and Eric Murray. They just couldn't bring themselves to eat the cap this year. So, it's looks like they're spreading the pain for two years while also doing this:

View attachment 8344

Not a complete rebuild but a lot of changes.
One of the reasons Caserio has brought in so many players is to provide some competition for those "half assing it" as JJ put it.
They do it again this year and they will find themselves cut and possibly without a gig.

Last edited: