Tennessee 4-8 W
at NY Jets 9-3 L
-------------
Remaining Games
Indianapolis 9-3
at Chicago 5-7
at Jacksonville 6-6
Cleveland 3-9

The only loss against a team with a losing record was the one to Detroit on the road. We have not beaten a team with a winning record. We were close in the San Diego, Minnesota, and Green Bay games, all at home against winning teams. We beat Jacksonville, a .500 team, at home. Our last three road games have all been against teams with winning records, and we have been driven in those games. You can make a profile from all of this:
1. We can take care of losing teams at home.
2. We can compete with winning teams at home, but we haven't learned how to finish these games.
3. We can compete with losing teams on the road.
4. We will get driven by winning teams on the road.

With this in mind, I think we will be competitive against the Colts this week but lose. We will probably beat either Chicago or Jacksonville, but probably not both, and we will manhandle Cleveland. We are a model of mediocrity.

I posted this one Houstonprofootball yesterday:

Most predictions had the texns between 6-10 and 9-7. the team is well on its way to being that type of team. when you look at how that year has played out, the teams that Texans have won against are the team the Texans are better than.

Wins: Chiefs, Raiders, Titans (2), jacksonville...except for Jacksonville all those team are below 500.

Losses: Chargers, Lions, vikings, Broncos, colts, packers, Jets...the Lions are the only team under .500.

The texans were in the chargers, lions, Packers, and Vikings games either making mistakes or not being able to excute welll enough. The remaining threee teams are better than the Texans.

I will admit that the texans need to be able to stay around longer against teams that should beat them.

Honestly i think the texans will get to seven wins and that is about where most people though they would be. unfortuantley, most of us don't like the look of mediocrity.

ArlingtonTexan said:
I posted this one Houstonprofootball yesterday:

Most predictions had the texns between 6-10 and 9-7. the team is well on its way to being that type of team. when you look at how that year has played out, the teams that Texans have won against are the team the Texans are better than.

Wins: Chiefs, Raiders, Titans (2), jacksonville...except for Jacksonville all those team are below 500.

Losses: Chargers, Lions, vikings, Broncos, colts, packers, Jets...the Lions are the only team under .500.

The texans were in the chargers, lions, Packers, and Vikings games either making mistakes or not being able to excute welll enough. The remaining threee teams are better than the Texans.

I will admit that the texans need to be able to stay around longer against teams that should beat them.

Honestly i think the texans will get to seven wins and that is about where most people though they would be. unfortuantley, most of us don't like the look of mediocrity.
This is about as true as it gets. We have to understand that 7-9 record is a good thing especially only two years removed from a 4-12 record. Heck we still have a chance at 8-8.

There is nothing more that I would love to see us going 8-8 but that would mean win 3 of the next 4 I feel that we can do it, and what a good note that would leave us on for the off season.

Have the Texans ever won a game in the last quarter of the season? In 2002 we beat the Steelers in the 13th game we played but it was a game in which our defense took care of business. Our offense didn't even show up for that one. In 2003 we lost our last four Two of them were games that Ragone started so throw some asterisks in there and the last two were close losses to Indy and Tennessee. In the final quarter of the past two seasons we've been 1-7 so I think 3 of 4 might be a bit of a reach. I predict we win one more game against either Cleveland at the end or a possible upset of Jacksonville. Chicago will win one of those tough games against teams going nowhere and Indy will beat us down in our house.

I don't think we're mediocre. I think we're a little below that. We better just hope to win 2 more games, because 3 is too much to ask for and only 1 is VERY possible.

Some facets of this team have improved for sure, but the running game was way better last year. This team hasn't improved much overall.

this scenerio would make the season for me. win the next 4. by doing this, we would virtually guarantee indy not getting a bye, we would knock jacksonville out of the playoffs pretty much, and beat 2 mediocre teams at the end of the season. it would give the texans some momentum perhaps going into next season. it would also give the texans the best division record, and give the texans some confidence they desperately need.

oh and i forgot, we might even make the playoffs if we were to win the next 4. that is only if denver went 8-8, which i doubt.

Back