Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Let's just get to 2-2.

RTP2110

All Pro
I'm trying to stay positive for the season ahead, and not dwell on the 2 weeks past. I think we can be in good position if we can get to 2-2. If we can get on track and pull one out in KC, then bring that momentum home with us and beat Oakland we'll be ok. 2-2 would put us on pace for an 8-8 season, which is what must of us predicted/expected for this season. With a few beaks towards the end of the season we could possibly end up at 9-7. I'm staying positive, and I think 2-2 would be a good first step in turning this season around.

3rd Coast Playa said:
man i hope so. i dont know what i am gonna think if we turn the ball over again like we have. i think we can win there cant be turnovers. gotta not commit them and see how we do. i think we can pull in a win in kc.

I think we also can't commit them and we need to get some turnovers by our defense.

A lot of good teams have started 0-2 in this league over the years and went on to have excellent seasons. We are winning everywhere but the scoreboard so we are close. Hopefully the first two games were a wake up call that will be good for us as we travel down the long road to the playoffs in a year or so. I'm afraid the team looked at the schedule and assumed we would be 2-0 just like most of us fans did. Perhaps this was a lesson learned by a young team.

Yeah this team always started off with a win and with high expectations this year they laid and egg so far this season. I want to see how this team deals with this adversity and if they overcome it.

If we come out with intensity and execute, we CAN beat KC. The key is to EXECUTE and have few if any errors. I know, stating the obviouse, but we can do it.

The KC fans here are as much or more dissapointed than us Texans fans are at the moment. They are ripe for another loss the way the coaching staff / players are scrambling for answers to their own problems.

At least the Texans have the pieces in place to put things back together. KC's defense has obvious holes, as well as the holes on offense created by injuries. I guess we all find out on Sunday. :popcorn:

The Texans have a history of stepping it up when playing better teams, for instance us taking the Colts and Titans to the wire last year. I wonder how much different the picture of the Texans would be if we cut the turnovers so far in half? We would probably be 2-0 right now.
I think that ball control will be the emphasis this week, basically to keep the Cheifs offense off the field as much as possible...translation, lots of DD and Hollings. If the fumblitis has passed I think we will be in good shape. I would also like to point out that some Texas HS programs can field a better defense than KC, so that again works into our favor.

I think what we need to do is play the opposite as we have in the past vs good teams. We need to go in there and get a big lead, say 10-14 points. The Chiefs might come back a bit and that' when the offense and the D need to fire it up again and finish them off. If we play conservative in the beginning....I think it'll be all over with.

I don't think it's out of the question to be 2-2 by week 4. I think KC is reeling worse than we are. Although they've played better quality opponents their problems are just a poor D. Our problems are "fixable". I hope.

Well, don't get this KC defense wrong. The game against Denver, they had Plummer running around like crazy. Denver's Oline is much better than ours too. So it will be necessary to establish the run big time. With the appearant problems on D and playing in front of their home crowd, you may see a more pumped KC D on Sunday. We need to be able to meet that head on and keep the D from making plays that stop us or from stopping ourselves.

^^^Agreed and how 'bout we kick them deep to make Daunte kneel....as a precautionary measure....don't need any accidents to occur. :idea:

This should be a great game as both teams should be pumped with a lot to prove at each player position. I just go into convulsions when I see someone mentions "play up to the better team". Sounds like the "powder blue team of yesteryear."

Losing at a domed stadium like Detroit in their home opener was not that
terribly unexpected or even disappointing to me. But losing our home opener
against SD was really a killer. But I thought the Chiefs would be all fired up and win their home opener and we might catch them a little flat this week.
Not a chance - they're not only gonna be fired up, they will be pi++++ off
and its gonna be real, real tough for us to escape 0-3. Wow that SD game
was important to us !

I tried to tell everyone how important that SD game was. You gottat win games like that. The part that sucks about it is without TOs we could be 2-0 going into KC.

we can change the future. A great start is beating KC (whether it is nipping them 20-19 or whipping them 31-0). I believe the Texans will respond. I am hoping that we win and come back and beat the Raiders. Yes. We can. 2-2

Cant lose either way :).. we could use that top ten draft choice to get another playmaker on defense :)..a lineman for sure.

Heh.. too bad you cant make the playoffs AND get a top ten selection.

I think we need to start hording draft picks for our 6th year :). That way if the 5 year plan doesnt work.. we got a lot to look forward to that next season hehe.

Well we made it to 2-2. All coulda, woulda, and shouldas aside I think it's a pretty good first quarter of the season, and we're only 1 game out of the division lead.

Back