Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Larry Johnson - The power back the Texans need.

The Titans have a history of WR coming here to die. It is just a stigma a team gets at times.

Johnson's biggest issue right now is his head. He show boats and it has almost cost him the ball a couple times. Against Polo on the Steelers he almost had it taken from his hand just to start his TD dance. The bongo drum thing was pretty stupid. He is good and I am glad we drafted him but I think he would struggle without a power back like White. He has dropped a few easy passes on important plays that were just him not concentrating. I think more of a rookie thing then anything else. Nothing major yet.

I think it is funny that the Titans took so much heat for taking Johnson but in the end the back to back RB choices in the top rounds are our bread and butter and really the main reason we went from a 10-6 team barely squeaking out wins to the top seed in the AFC

You're talking about Chris Johnson I asked you about Chris Henry.

You're talking about Chris Johnson I asked you about Chris Henry.

Chris Henry is crap with no vision. Have him. Take a look at the hit that got laid on him against the Colts in the dome last season. Dude is lucky to be alive. If he does not have a hole right in front of him he goes does down on the first hit.

Chris Henry is crap with no vision. Have him. Take a look at the hit that got laid on him against the Colts in the dome last season. Dude is lucky to be alive. If he does not have a hole right in front of him he goes does down on the first hit.

Damn, well he MURDERED us in 2007 - but I guess that's more of a reflection of our defense at the time than of Henry.

Sigh.

The guy may not even get 15 carries a game with Slaton as the main guy. We're going to pay a boatload of money for a guy who:

1 - will want starter's carries.
2 - has had a TON of character issues
3 - could very likely start 2009 on suspension
4 - quit on his team in KC
5 - is very clearly a me-first, selfish player who went in the tank once he got his big contract

Not just no, but HELL no.

Well since you put it that way!

EDGERRIN REITERATES HIS DESIRE TO LEAVE ARIZONA
Posted by Mike Florio on January 2, 2009, 9:58 a.m.

In November, we reported that Cardinals running back Edgerrin James had asked to be released, after he plunged to No. 3 on the depth chart.

James now is making it even more clear that, whenever the Cardinals’ season ends, his career in Arizona will end, too.

“I think the feeling is mutual,” James said, according to the Arizona Republic. ”It’s not something I’m going to contest.”

James gave a more pointed quote to ESPN’s Bob Holtzman.

“I can’t go through this again,” James said. “I didn’t come here to block. I’m not an offensive lineman.”

In response, ESPN’s Tim Hasselbeck said that James will start in the playoff game against the Falcons, and that James will play more than rookie Tim Hightower, who gradually evolved into the starter.

But coach Ken Whisenhunt has been more circumspect, remaining vague as to James’ role in the playoff game against the Falcons. James didn’t start in Week Seventeen, but he turned 14 carries against the Seahawks into 100 yards.

Still, it was a meaningless game. The prior week, James got only four carries. The week before, he got none. The week before that? Three. Before that, none.

In all, James carried the ball 133 times for 514 yards in 2008. He lost his job as a starter after seven games, and hasn’t started since.

James will be 31 years old when the 2009 season starts, and has averaged over 340 touches per year in his 10 year NFL career. He's vocally unhappy about a season where he averaged a little over 11 touches per game (or about the same amount of touches I would hope the Texans are looking to give the guy who spells Slaton). Throw in the fact that one of the reasons Hightower took over the job is because James was not a good goal-line guy, and I'm thinking the Texans signing him is about the worst match of need to talent I could imagine.

Bring him in. He'll definitely get at least 10 carries a game from us. Not sure if that's what he wants (maybe more?).

Edge has Ahman Green part II written all over him. He has been horrible since he went to the Cards and it was a matter of time before he got benched. There is way too much tread on his tires I say we go with a rookie and take our chances.

I'd rather just take a guy in the 3rd or fourth that will be content in a back-up role...

And I still don't think we necessarily need a "bruiser" type back....

Some of the smaller type backs are the best ones at picking up short yardage...
I just think we need someone who is solidly built, but they don't necessarily have to be a 230 lb bull dozer...

The names being thrown about, Edge, LJ, and ...Bensen? No thanks. One is a Slap-a-hoe Indian, one hasnt done anything since he left Indy, and the other is a 240lb slow footed finesse back.

Back