Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Kevin Kolb-Should he be our QB? The unofficial official thread

Kevin Kolb poll questions.

• Yes draft him. He is it.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Yes draft him. Play it out, he could be trade value or a good number 2 guy.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • No, not him. But draft someone else for QB.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • No, not him. Carr is the it.

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am going to skip pages 2 & 3 as I have to get off computer. I have been going for KOLB in 4th but I doubt he will be there. I agree with poster page one. Go with Colt McCoy in 08 as IMO Quinn, Troy Smith and LSU QB will go in first in 07 and take 3 teams off board needing that position. McCoy has better chance at being avail when we pick in 08 and imo better than Kolb. Would get UT homers back behind Texans. Draft a LT (Thomas) or Peterson in first this year. Fill in with best CB,DT and OLB (5 rounds) and trade 6th and 7th for next season as I think it might be deeper.

skip a QB this year because you might be able to get colt mccoy next year, who's an underclassman and doesn't even project that well into the NFL? okay.

Does anyone have a scouting report on him or a recent article? I saw one on ESPN I think it's by Mcshay...
Here's a blurb McShay had on Kolb after the bowl matchups were announced:
Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston
AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Dec. 29 (ESPN, 4:30 ET)
Kolb hasn't consistently played against top competition in college (C-USA) and he comes from a passer-friendly spread offense, which generates some legitimate concerns regarding his transition to the NFL game. But I still think he's an underrated prospect who warrants consideration late on Day 1 of the 2007 draft. Kolb possesses a fine combination of size, arm strength and mobility -- not to mention experience as a four-year starter. The 6-foot-3, 225-pound senior led Houston to its first C-USA title in a decade and he's capable of leading his team to an upset over South Carolina in the Liberty Bowl later this month.

Kubiak carries two QBs when he already has a for sure fire STARTER

If Kubiak feels by the next draft that Carr or Sage may not be the answer and he'd like to take a guy to develop from scratch (which is the reason why he's here) later in the draft........He won't have a problem taking Kolb.

I'm in your band wagon. Whoever they pick I'm on board. If the guy is there in the forth we take him, I'll be happy. What I'm seeing is there are no Elways, Moons, Steve Youngs in the pile. No VY's, Cutlers, Leinhats. What We got is a bunch of JP Lousmans, Heath Sullers, and Kyle Bollers in the pile. But what the heck do I know, I thought VY would struggel just a tad. Nice game last week from Vincent, huh ?

Back