Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kevin Johnson Trade Rumors

I'm telling you, this guy is one good whack from eating baby food. The guy needs to retire.
If anyone takes the bait, I'm with powda, a 6th at best.

We're a team who needs CBS and we want to move him? Dont expect much. I liked him in his rookie year but hes done nothing since then.

We're a team who needs CBS and we want to move him? Dont expect much. I liked him in his rookie year but hes done nothing since then.
Agreed. Corners are a huge need. I just don't think he's very good. And he's not on the field much, not even on ST's I don't think.

An overweight booger eating 3rd down RB from someone's practice squad.

& I'd be perfectly fine with that.
giphy.gif

Nothing. Kevin Johnson has a $9 million salary for 2019, No one is trading for that. Ian Rapoport reported this? Dumb.
It would take a team dumber than dirt to make a trade at any cost.

From the Injury Report last season:

The media nor the team have yet to be talking about the 3rd concussion. He has at least 500% increased risk of sustaining another concussion within the next 6-12 months...........and each concussion creates cumulative brain damage. Johnson is likely to end up like Fiedo. His performances in the past several years somewhat due to numerous injuries............including 3 major lower extremity injuries............and much due to the fact that he has never been able to regain NFL speed makes me question why he would take the risk of further concussions.............especially this year.........but also going forward at all. If this isn't enough, a 2017 study in the Journal of Sports Medicine findings revealed that the odds of sustaining a lower extremity musculoskeletal injury were 3.39 times higher in the concussed athletes returning to play within the same season compared to athletes with no documented history of concussions.

He's played in only 35 games since he was drafted in 2015..............and only 19 games since his rookie year when he played in 16 games.............i.e., he has missed 29 regular season games for the injuries noted in the above quote.

The answer will come by 10 days from now.....................that's when the League year begins.............and if he is not released by then, the Texans will be stuck in entirety with his 5th year option.

The time to watch: The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The first day of the 2019 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13.

He is still on OTC roster but not anywhere on Spotrac--interesting. The latter at one time had us at about $73 m cap and now have at about $83.

He is still on OTC roster but not anywhere on Spotrac--interesting. The latter at one time had us at about $73 m cap and now have at about $83.

Spotrac.com shows him released as of yesterday under their "new transactions" clearing $9.069 mil cap space, but I could not find anything about it on Google.

My bad - I was thinking Kareem.
KJoe was yesterdays news.

Kareem is all but gone. He responded to a random guy on instagram saying he is 99% going to be in different colors next year, and yesterday he asked Visionary(he is a guy on instagram and youtube that makes a lot of really cool highlight vids of players) if he could make him a farewell video

It's too bad. Along with the Nigerian nightmare, I'd say KJo is the biggest 1st round bust we've had. In general, this team has done very well in round 1.

He had a promising rookie season, and then the injuries to lower extremities and the hits to the noggin, and the play just spiraled downward at a rapid pace.

If he's smart, he'll hang up the cleats and trade them in for a business suit or maybe a coaching gig, but something tells me that won't happen. I hate to see a guy ruin his health like this but it is what it is. At least Fido wised up and quit.

It's too bad. Along with the Nigerian nightmare, I'd say KJo is the biggest 1st round bust we've had. In general, this team has done very well in round 1.

He had a promising rookie season, and then the injuries to lower extremities and the hits to the noggin, and the play just spiraled downward at a rapid pace.

If he's smart, he'll hang up the cleats and trade them in for a business suit or maybe a coaching gig, but something tells me that won't happen. I hate to see a guy ruin his health like this but it is what it is. At least Fido wised up and quit.

David Carr says hi.

If Kevin Johnson is smart, he will get out now. He will likely have lingering problems for years as it is.
Nothing is worth your well being.
A shame as he showed some promise early.
Well, it comes with the territory. Maybe Gaine will actually discover a talented CB in Rd.1, should he go after one with the 1st pick. Unlike Rick Smith. So much for the “he is always great in the 1st round” bs some posters like to spread around these parts.

Back