Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Just got my hotel for NYC for the Draft

You do, they are free and you get them by lining up on Wed. starting at 4.

I may have a connection :glasshalffull:

Very cool. That sounds like fun. I think this is the most interesting draft we have seen since the Texans launched.

The first one every knew (for the most part) that the Texans were taking Carr. 2006 it was made clear that they weren't going QB because Bob was in love with Carr. I never liked Bush and the other options weren't that "sexy". I honestly knew next to nothing about Mario Williams before that draft.

With this one it's wide open and there are a lot of interesting players coming out. I am really interested to see where Johnny lands. I want to root for him in the NFL and hope he doesn't land on some team I hate or a place like Cleveland (which I think is very likely where he will land).

I have wondered if the Jags will take him, he would be reunited with Luke Joeckel and god knows they need an exciting player to put butts in seats.

I am trying to decide if I am wearing Aggie gear, Texans gear or some combination of both.

Be sure to Boo! whoever the Jets draft.
laugh-1.gif

dude that is awesome

GHF is a dudette ;)

As for Johnny going to the Jags I think that is quite possible. Johnny Jags? I couldn't pull for him there for obvious reasons.

I could also see them going with Bortles who is from Orlando and the more safe choice in many peoples eyes.

I decided to head to NY for the draft. We have the number 1 pick and several Aggies have a shot at going on the first day. Should be a fun one to attend.
Which hotel are you staying? I spent NYE in NYC and stayed at Hotel St. James,it was a good clean hotel close to Times square and Radio City Music Hall.Enjoy NYC a lot of pizza places that sell 2 slices and a soda for $3 or $4 if you go with my favorite pepperoni and mushrooms.
:fans::fans::fans:

Which hotel are you staying? I spent NYE in NYC and stayed at Hotel St. James,it was a good clean hotel close to Times square and Radio City Music Hall.Enjoy NYC a lot of pizza places that sell 2 slices and a soda for $3 or $4 if you go with my favorite pepperoni and mushrooms.
:fans::fans::fans:

We are staying at the Radio City Apartments, it is as low a price as I could find and right next to the Radio City Music Hall.

I think we are going to go in on Tuesday and get settled, maybe catch a show. Turns out we have a wedding to go to on Sat in St. Louis, so will catch a flight out Sat morn.

I managed to talk a few more Texans fans into the trip yesterday. A good tailgating friend had her birthday party a Painting with a Twist during the afternoon playoff game. With wine and beer involved, it wasn't hard to convince people to go. We posted a picture of us all painting on facebook with the post:

"Instead of driving the field, the Texans drove us here"

996093_10152120526764591_1010627630_n.jpg

LOL that was so fun!

We are staying at the Radio City Apartments, it is as low a price as I could find and right next to the Radio City Music Hall.

I think we are going to go in on Tuesday and get settled, maybe catch a show. Turns out we have a wedding to go to on Sat in St. Louis, so will catch a flight out Sat morn.

I managed to talk a few more Texans fans into the trip yesterday. A good tailgating friend had her birthday party a Painting with a Twist during the afternoon playoff game. With wine and beer involved, it wasn't hard to convince people to go. We posted a picture of us all painting on facebook with the post:

I decided to head to NY for the draft. We have the number 1 pick and several Aggies have a shot at going on the first day. Should be a fun one to attend.

You know. Your trip is the first time I could ever think going to NYC would actually be pleasurable. Now upstate is a different story. Loved it there.

The Hilton is near there too, often has inexpensive rates.

I am working with Traveling Texans volunteers to see what sorts of group thing we might be able to get for fans.

Imma gonna try to go. Fingers crossed. :)

I see you and Dave, Kathryn and Ted but I'm not sure I recognize anyone else. That looks like a lot of fun and I'm glad that was fun!

There's no chance in hades I'll be able to go to New York. With Tobin being out of work for a couple of months, I'm buried. He had hip replacement surgery in December but he had complications. His femur fractured after the surgery and also blood clots were discovered.

Very cool, thanks for sharing and hope y'all have a blast.

Guy on the far right is like, "I'm trying to ****ing paint here! Do I look like I have time to pose for a god damn photo?

I see you and Dave, Kathryn and Ted but I'm not sure I recognize anyone else. That looks like a lot of fun and I'm glad that was fun!

There's no chance in hades I'll be able to go to New York. With Tobin being out of work for a couple of months, I'm buried. He had hip replacement surgery in December but he had complications. His femur fractured after the surgery and also blood clots were discovered.

Oh man. Sorry to hear about Tobin. Give him my best

Oh man. Sorry to hear about Tobin. Give him my best

Absolutely Steph!! Although he is an old effer!! ;)

All joking aside, he is going through depression and wants to get back to work. He's not feeling like a part of the team and that's really important to him. (Not unlike athletes on IR)

I hope to see him this coming Monday if not but for a couple of hours, a couple days a week.

Hey Steph (on a personal note),

Thanks for replying!! It'll mean a lot to Tobin because I will pass this on!! This is my friend for 20 years and he loves you, and it kills me to see him so phycked up!!

Very cool, thanks for sharing and hope y'all have a blast.

Guy on the far right is like, "I'm trying to ****ing paint here! Do I look like I have time to pose for a god damn photo?

Ha, that is Ted. He was more like, "I'm trying to hide here! Don't take my picture and record for the world that I am painting during a playoff game!"

Absolutely Steph!! Although he is an old effer!! ;)

All joking aside, he is going through depression and wants to get back to work. He's not feeling like a part of the team and that's really important to him. (Not unlike athletes on IR)

I hope to see him this coming Monday if not but for a couple of hours, a couple days a week.

Hey Steph (on a personal note),

Thanks for replying!! It'll mean a lot to Tobin because I will pass this on!! This is my friend for 20 years and he loves you, and it kills me to see him so phycked up!!

Wow, sorry to hear about Tobin. Pass on my T&P for a quick recovery.

I thought about making the trip, but, not sure I'm up to waiting in a long azz line for hours for a ticket to get in. Besides, I think I'm going to go to Denver in March to see Cassie dance in a National Competition. That'll take up all my time off from work. Always wanted to go to the draft though, and this would be a perfect year to do it. Need to make a decision soon!

I went to NY for the draft in 2006, I had a great time. I already had tickets to get in but I waited in line the night before with all the other fans. Waiting in line is a blast itself with all the fans from different teams.

This is the year we picked Mario Williams, it was a little disappointing we knew the night before. The highlight of the day was when Tom Willey brought Mario Williams to meet me. I was able to get his autograph, his first autograph, like 15 minutes after he was drafted. Then about 10 minutes later Bob McNair came over to say hello. Man does this bring back memories.

I went to NY for the draft in 2006, I had a great time. I already had tickets to get in but I waited in line the night before with all the other fans. Waiting in line is a blast itself with all the fans from different teams.

This is the year we picked Mario Williams, it was a little disappointing we knew the night before. The highlight of the day was when Tom Willey brought Mario Williams to meet me. I was able to get his autograph, his first autograph, like 15 minutes after he was drafted. Then about 10 minutes later Bob McNair came over to say hello. Man does this bring back memories.

I remember you telling us about that Preston. Very cool stuff. BTW, how have you been? It's been a long time.

Very cool. :cool:

Back