Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jimmy F'n Moreland

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Glad you’re fired up about him. Will be interesting if he sticks as a ST ace/backup nickel.

Washington had the 2nd rated pass defense last season and value 7th rounders like Moreland and Kamren Curl certainly helped out.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Why do you think he was released?
Sounds like a numbers game for the #2 ranked pass defense in football. With Roby being traded I wonder if he’ll make it out on the perimeter ahead of you know who at some point. I’d like for King to stay in the slot.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Why do you think he was released?
Never really got a chance.

WFT has as really good DB corp. I'm a fan of this guy and think he could eventually become a really good nickle. I could be wrong and if you've checked out my CB picks in the draft thread you will find out quickly I stink at evaluating CB's.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Never really got a chance.

WFT has as really good DB corp. I'm a fan of this guy and think he could eventually become a really good nickle. I could be wrong and if you've checked out my CB picks in the draft thread you will find out quickly I stink at evaluating CB's.
King is a nickle corner correct? Who on the boundary? Make sense of trading your best cb who is 29

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
King is a nickle corner correct? Who on the boundary? Make sense of trading your best cb who is 29
If your goal is to win this yr you're correct.

We as fans need to embrace the tank, it's gonna happen regardless.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
If your goal is to win this yr you're correct.

We as fans need to embrace the tank, it's gonna happen regardless.
How are the Texans tanking with the 4th oldest roster in the league? Either you bottom out and build or you try to win. This team is old enough to win 4-6 games which puts them top 10 ish, but not high enough to get the top guy possibly. You cant do both, it doesn't work. The thing about Houston and our weather, there are other things to do besides watching a old team without a future. The rebuild should have a boatload of 25 yr old guys. The only older guys who should be on the roster should be those who can play a an above average level.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How are the Texans tanking with the 4th oldest roster in the league?
Most of the guys are on 1-2 yr deals.Easy to get out of and open up cap space. Depeding on what happens with the 3rd string QB you could have three 1sts and 2-1. That would be a good star to a rebuild.

But what this comes down to regardless of what happens with the 3rd string QB this team has to get better at drafting and developing talent than what's been going on the last 20 yrs.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How are the Texans tanking with the 4th oldest roster in the league? Either you bottom out and build or you try to win. This team is old enough to win 4-6 games which puts them top 10 ish, but not high enough to get the top guy possibly. You cant do both, it doesn't work. The thing about Houston and our weather, there are other things to do besides watching a old team without a future. The rebuild should have a boatload of 25 yr old guys. The only older guys who should be on the roster should be those who can play a an above average level.
There are mostly 1 yr contracts.

The rebuild begins next season.

The discussion is how many high draft picks will Caserio have to work with.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Most of the guys are on 1-2 yr deals.Easy to get out of and open up cap space. Depeding on what happens with the 3rd string QB you could have three 1sts and 2-1. That would be a good star to a rebuild.

But what this comes down to regardless of what happens with the 3rd string QB this team has to get better at drafting and developing talent than what's been going on the last 20 yrs.
Here is the other side of cap space and being sorry. You overpay in free agency and with the talk of Patriot way, quality free agents without ties to NE isn't going to come here unless their overpaid. When players see how the Texans operate, especially with Esterbunny and Cal, they're not coming here. I agree they have to draft better, but in 3 yrs, Culley isn't going to be here and the scheme is going to be different. That was the problem in Cleveland for so many years.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Here is the other side of cap space and being sorry. You overpay in free agency and with the talk of Patriot way, quality free agents without ties to NE isn't going to come here unless their overpaid. When players see how the Texans operate, especially with Esterbunny and Cal, they're not coming here. I agree they have to draft better, but in 3 yrs, Culley isn't going to be here and the scheme is going to be different. That was the problem in Cleveland for so many years.
Agreed, the question is, in the next 3 yrs are they going to be able to draft and develop young drafted talent so FA's will want to come to Kirby.

Agreed, the question is, in the next 3 yrs are they going to be able to draft and develop young drafted talent so FA's will want to come to Kirby.
This is why it's going to be painful, you need your staff in place for your rebuild to work and not placeholders. This team is void of talent in ~90% of the roster and it's imperative that they hit on at least 2 studs in each of the next 3 drafts. The ugly part of so many holes is by the time you develop young talent to see the team do well, it will be FA time for them. If the team isn't winning then you will have to overpay for talent retention or free agents.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
There are mostly 1 yr contracts.

The rebuild begins next season.

The discussion is how many high draft picks will Caserio have to work with.
Hey Steel of these vets on the one year contracts, and I know the season is just now beginning, but of those vets are you at all optimistic
that some may have enough upside for NC want to offer an extension or two ?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is why it's going to be painful, you need your staff in place for your rebuild to work and not placeholders. This team is void of talent in ~90% of the roster and it's imperative that they hit on at least 2 studs in each of the next 3 drafts. The ugly part of so many holes is by the time you develop young talent to see the team do well, it will be FA time for them. If the team isn't winning then you will have to overpay for talent retention or free agents.
Not necessarily

They could (If he doesn't go to jail) have enough high draft picks from their suckage and trading the 3rd string QB that Caserio easily could add 6 to 8 difference makers in the next couple of drafts.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hey Steel of these vets on the one year contracts, and I know the season is just now beginning, but of those vets are you at all optimistic
that some may have enough upside for NC want to offer an extension or two ?
I think King/KPL/Kirksey and maybe the DT's all could possibly be extended.