Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets thinking about using Tim Tebow on kickoffs

OK if you are going to make this kind of allegation then spell it out. So if y'all think this is a gimmick to stave off any QB controversy talk it is cool but if others think it is a gimmick and poor football decision meant for attention then it is haterade? I am not seeing posts saying Tebow sucks. To the contrary most of what I am seeing are posts saying this is a potentially stupid coaching decision.

I'm not calling every anti-Tebow post hateraide. Just the ones talking about how they're tired of hearing about him... but somehow manage several posts in a thread about him.

I don't think he's a QB, I've said as much in this thread. I don't have anything against anyone with anti-Tebow arguments.

There's hate... then there's opinion. I try not to get the two mixed up.

In any event none of that makes injury less of a concern.

No, re-read the original post. They intend to use him in the PP role but they are considering having him on kick coverage.

First of all, let's make sure that money is not a concern.
The point I wanted to make is that an owner of an NFL franchise in the biggest city in the US knows how to use publicity to make money (it doesn't have to be football-related).

Let's agree to concentrate on the true concern, which is injury.
It's a concern for a first or second round QB a team draft to be a franchise QB.
It's a concern for a FA they acquired (who has true QB skills, but just not good enough to be a full-time starter - and these guys cost more money than they usually can generate; even the better ones.)

A fourth rounder is not anything you need to protect, especially when "the thinking" is that money is not the concern.

The value in such a "pick" is how to maximize the use to help the team win; to give the team any edge for a better chance to win a game.

Most people don't think Tebow is a good QB to begin with; if the Jets have to rely on Tebow to come in at QB to win games for them, they're back to square one.

For the detractors, Tebow is not good enough to win games, let alone advancing a team through the play-offs (if for any reason Sanchez fails).
What then is the use of worrying about Tebow getting hurt?

I guess it then may come to be that crafty Rex has finally found a way to allow Sanchez and Tebow to co-exist in a symbiotic relationship.................Tebow the Punt Protector.....Sanchez the Punt Producer.............:kitten:

LOL, sounds good to me!

I was among those who didn't think Tebow has what it takes to be an NFL starter.

I was so not on the Tebow bandwagon out of college.

He was a good college QB; that has been my take from the start.

Back