Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets Fan here

Hey jets fan, welcome. is Pennington gonna play this week, or will we get to see Carter? I hope it is carter, as that greatly increases our chances.
I have been impressed with your D, especially your front seven. Hopefully our o-line has another performance like we had with you guys last year, when we ran the ball fairly well.

Newly said:
Hey jets fan, welcome. is Pennington gonna play this week, or will we get to see Carter? I hope it is carter, as that greatly increases our chances.
I have been impressed with your D, especially your front seven. Hopefully our o-line has another performance like we had with you guys last year, when we ran the ball fairly well.

Pennington is 50/50.

agreed some of the jets fans didnt greet sassy with to much respect, and it wasnt very cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa ladies and gents, this new Jets poster is 14......can't be dogging on him for what the old men are saying. You are fine here twinjetfan, I will take care of those less than stellar posters on their home board. Don't need another riot on ours! :rofl:

FILO_girl said:
Whoa ladies and gents, this new Jets poster is 14......can't be dogging on him for what the old men are saying. You are fine here twinjetfan, I will take care of those less than stellar posters on their home board. Don't need another riot on ours! :rofl:

WOW good observation i didnt even notice that, yeah he's cool here good to see the youth is involved.

SassyTexan said:
Maybe you want to clean up your board a little before you invite the Texan Boars over.

Alright, I can't even believe that. I went over to check the site out and found the slam on Sassy! Fellow Texans fans, that's not alright, we don't let others talk about eachother like that (that's for us to do) and we surely don't let someone speak like that to a lady....

I think we all know what to do here.....

Texans Pride said:
Alright, I can't even believe that. I went over to check the site out and found the slam on Sassy! Fellow Texans fans, that's not alright, we don't let others talk about eachother like that (that's for us to do) and we surely don't let someone speak like that to a lady....

I think we all know what to do here.....

I already did it.......no one will bite since they know I am a girl. :heh:

Wow, a poster younger than me, thats a first in a long time. I expect to see a very good game. Just hoping for a win like always. Best of luck to the Jets just not to much.

Texans Pride said:
Stupid board won't let me post yet....Why is there a waiting period. . . It's not like I am trying to buy a gun here...

i know i registered like 3 hours ago and still havent been able to post !

Welcome twinjetfan! :)

It should be a good one this weekend! You've got a great team this year, and the Texans will have to bring their A-game with them to win this one.

I gotta' admit, I hope to see Quincy starting for you, tho'!

FILO_girl said:
I already did it.......no one will bite since they know I am a girl. :heh:

heh-heh-heh, good job! :thumbup

And you're right! No one even nibbled.

Apparently the jets fans are all young. At least.. their infatuation with anyone who says they are a woman alludes to their immaturity.

Id just leave that board alone.. they love getting praise but it doesnt look like they have any respect for the Texans. So dont expect anything you say about the game to be taken seriously or responded to intelligently.

Ill just wait for sunday and after we kick the **** out of em, we can wallow in their self pity.

If you peruse the rest of their site, it is pretty good. If I was more interested in the Jets, it would be in Favorites. You will always have the yahoos. Always like to find the team's fans who are fervent and post their true thoughts. :)

A couple of their posters love what we have going here too.

To sort out some of the tenseness around here about Jets Fans here is something that I think about us and other teams fans near us. We Jet Fans are very very very passionate about our team. Some posters over there as you noticed aren't as friendly, but that doesn't mean that they don't like you, that might mean they just they just need to get warmed up.
We on the East Coast and those who are near New York have a different sense of respect.
Please don't let your first experience or the first Jets Fans you talk to draw bad conclusions.

Sorry about this rant, but I don't like being hated.

twinjetfan said:
To sort out some of the tenseness around here about Jets Fans here is something that I think about us and other teams fans near us. We Jet Fans are very very very passionate about our team. Some posters over there as you noticed aren't as friendly, but that doesn't mean that they don't like you, that might mean they just they just need to get warmed up.
We on the East Coast and those who are near New York have a different sense of respect.
Please don't let your first experience or the first Jets Fans you talk to draw bad conclusions.

Sorry about this rant, but I don't like being hated.

You are not hated at all. No tenseness here, but when someone jumps a fellow Texans poster when they are not there to defend themself...there will be someone to go set the record straight. Your board is tame, go talk smack with Raiders and then get back to me on respect. :popcorn: You have to earn it, especially if you go smacking. You aren't but some of your fans are.

Texans fans are just as passionate as Jets fans. There is alot of talk on our boards that is good with Jets fans. Keep on chattering here, you are fine.

Texans fans are just as passionate as Jets fans. There is alot of talk on our boards that is good with Jets fans. Keep on chattering here, you are fine.

You are one of the very good Jets fan TWINJETSFAN and you are definately NOTTT hated here.....Please don't think that....But as Filo said, We are just as passionate about our team here but don't disrespect any other teams fans unless we are disrespected first and they come here to only talk smack....I always go to other boards to wish teams good luck with no injuries but i'm afraid your board doesn't really care to hear it...Which is fine if that is how they choose to be....I guess there is something to be said for that good ole sOuthern hospitality here... :grouphug:

Too bad that the few make the many look bad. The obnoxious Jets fans tend to stand out but I don't think they are as bad a Philly. They booed Santa for crying out loud. You can't boo Santa!?!?!

I think the north east feels that for some reason they are entitled to be pinheads. Why, I have no idea. I would probably want to be a pinhead too if I lived up there.

Hopefully the Texans will give them a reason to be humble.

Bottle-O-Bud said:
The key here is scoring early. If we do that Carter might have trouble comming back from a deficit.

I am concerned:

1) The line sucks outside of reliant. Comminication will be a problem, blown coverages so Carr might have problems.

2) Palmer goes to the max protect, TE and RB stays home against a 4 man rush. Offense gets butchered with 3 and outs. Crosses fingers that Palmer will make the necessary adjustments.

Only problem is it looks like Chad will be playing, not carter...That changes quite a bit unfortunately.

I think they decided Chad may start and share part of the game with Carter....It will all depend on how he does in practice they said...

texansgal8 said:
I think they decided Chad may start and share part of the game with Carter....It will all depend on how he does in practice they said...
I hope we don't do that again. Last year when he got back from his injury, Vinny Testaverde started the game played pretty damn well, then Chad came in and was a little shaky. We lost that game.

Newly said:

I would have to disagree, We would be better off if Pennington starts. Remember 2002 against the steelers how we won cause of Maddox getting picked 3 times 2 of which were ran back by Glenn for TD's. That was Maddox's first game back after an injury. If Pennington comes back his shoulder most likely won't be 100%, that means less "zip" on the ball. And if Carter starts it would be his 4th start and he would feel more comfortable, plus he is more dangerous if he has to run the ball.

Welcome jettwinfan. You are indeed welcome here. I think that it's a good sign when someone as young as you have such great insight as to the attitudes of some "not so courteous" fans. Yes, Jet fans are proud. But remeber, we Texans take our team and our women to heart.
Just for the record. Texans by 4. :coolb:

Back