Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jason Simmons

Bayern

Waterboy
Hi guys! I'm totally new to this gig but I've been reading what everyone has to say for close to a year now and with the exception of some bad apples you guys are great.
Anyways, I'm just curious what you guys thought of Jason Simmons' performance in the place of Coleman this past week. I know the defense is not looking like the best in the world right now (and don't get me started on the offense) but any team that holds Indianapolis to two touchdowns, and only gets to the quarterback once or twice is having a great day in the secondary IMO. I know a lot of that has to do with the performance of D-Rob and Glenn, but how about this young hitter!? I still remember when he laid out that lineman from the Raiders. So great. :heh:

The guy sure does have some heart doesn't he. when you knock you self out for like half a season to make a tackle. Oh so great!!!

Yes the secondary did a good job, but it was the whole defense who held him to 2 touchdowns. Without the d-line and linebackers doing their jobs, the secondary would eventually get eaten alive.

But yes, I am pleased with Jasons play.

DC_ROCK said:
Yes the secondary did a good job, but it was the whole defense who held him to 2 touchdowns. Without the d-line and linebackers doing their jobs, the secondary would eventually get eaten alive.

But yes, I am pleased with Jasons play.

True, but I want to give credit where credit is due. Eventhough the d line did an o.k. job against edge plugging holes and Peek/Babin were putting some pressure on Manning, the fact of the matter is he did still have time to throw the ball. Take into account also that he IS probably one of the best QB's in the league under pressure. I guess I just want to point out that the secondary had a great game and its not just the corners but the safeties as well, namely Simmons.

Bayern said:
Eventhough the d line did an o.k. job against edge plugging holes and Peek/Babin were putting some pressure on Manning, the fact of the matter is he did still have time to throw the ball.

Everybody talks about Kansas City's OL, but you have to give it to the Indy OL. Manning has only been sacked 9 times in 13 games--three of them by the Texans. The Texans have been the only team all year to get to Manning more than once in a single game

infantrycak said:
Everybody talks about Kansas City's OL, but you have to give it to the Indy OL. Manning has only been sacked 9 times in 13 games--three of them by the Texans. The Texans have been the only team all year to get to Manning more than once in a single game

Out of curiousity do you know who the three players were that got to him? Obvioulsy Dunta was one of them.

Bayern said:
Out of curiousity do you know who the three players were that got to him? Obvioulsy Dunta was one of them.

Kailee Wong got one in the 1st game causing a fumble which was unfortunately recovered by Stokely.

Back