Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jamey Rootes Resigns

That's all fine, but the fact that that was so out of character for him says a little something. And to answer DB, no, he didn't mention anything specific, but he did put a name to it. I suppose the fact that bad wiring hasn't caused NRG to burn to the ground is something good for the organization too, if you want to get technical about it. Sure OB getting fired was good, but that's like finally fixing that cabinet door in your house while wading through 3 feet of flood waters.

And yeah, if you look hard enough you'll find somebody that doesn't like you, sure, but who's looking hard? Easterby didn't get the reputation he has because there's an exhaustive, painstaking search for some dirt on him. This stuff came out for some reason. SI didn't just throw darts at a dartboard and it hit do a fictional hit piece on the Texans character coach/VPFO, just missing hit piece on the Falcons equipment manager.

I do not see being critical of Watson's current strategy as being exclusive of being critical of the Texans, as well.

I think they can both exist in the same mind. I'm proof of it.

I do think Easterby represents something funky within the Texans front office, but ultimately, his mere existence in the building reflects solely on his boss(es). He's not doing things separately from their agenda. He's merely a representative and agent of that agenda.

Maybe he is Kaa (Jungle Book) to the McNair's Mowgli, but based on his cringe-worthy public appearances, I just can't believe he's got the same hypnotic eyes on the McNairs that Kaa had on Mowgli. Easterby is a gigantic goober. There is nothing about him that says mastermind of any sort. He's an opportunist, if anything.

That said, the McNairs and their inherent dysfunction existed long before September 2020. Watson had to have known how this franchise operates. If he did not, then he's just not paying any attention to the company that he's signing a contract extension with. Did AJ feel that way about his career with the Texans before September 2020? That tweet speaks to a lot more than the four months between September and January.

As far as the media, I think the Texans/Easterby story is just another way to get clicks and attention. Modern media is less about true investigative journalism and more about TMZ-style sensationalism. Modern media no longer has any scruples. They're really nothing but a bunch of filthy scavengers picking at roadkill with few exceptions. I don't think they are smart enough for a well-coordinate conspiracy between multiple news outlets. SI was a fun read, and I'd read more, but if we're objective about, very little is verifiable. They can say anything from "anonymous sources".

Credible yes but is he unbiased? Everyone has somebody that doesn’t like them and if you look enough you will find somebody that said something bad about anybody. Hell in the JJ thread @zshawn10 just posted were a supposed Texan coach called JJ selfish and said he only cared about his stats and hurt the defense. In reality other than Andre Johnson nobody has really spoken out about Easterby. Even Watson said his issue was with Cal.

Its much simpler than that. Its labor vs. the establishment in players' eyes & for that reason players are always going to take the side of a player......& it doesn't matter whether they're active players or not. & the media, which is also partly made up of players is also mostly going to take the players' side b/c they want to keep their access to said player..which is why i've all but shut off the radio these days.

This is why AJ's statement, while somewhat credible, still needs to be viewed with some reservation. Then you have disgruntled guys like Nuk chiming in...it's just really a no-win situation for an organization. Trade the guy, piss off the fans......don't trade him, piss off the player & he causes a distraction.

We are seeing the beginnings of NFL players trying to get the same kind of control that MLB/NBA players have in their leagues and i just don't see it happening........at least for a good while simply b/c NFL rosters are too large and pay scales are way too unbalanced. The QB's are making these moves & making all this noise b/c they can afford to say, sit out 6 games or a year as they are typically the top salary earners on every team. But what about that 53rd man on the roster? He doesn't have the same luxury. If he starts bitching about wanting to be traded b/c of something trivial, GM's will just release their asses...... and those dudes aren't typically sitting on millions that can hold them over..........& noone.... fans, owners or their spoiled ass qb counterparts are gonna give a damn.

Back