Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jamal Adams traded...

To the Seahawks
Adams and a 2022 draft pick to Seattle

Safety McDougal and three draft picks, including 2 firsts to the Jets

Dayum!!
That's a good deal for both teams. Jets need to get a WR1. They got much better deal than I expected. Trade reminds me of O'Brien's move for Tunsil at his higher priority position. Safety McDougal is not JAG.

The Seahawks get Adams along with a 2022 fourth-round pick, while the Jets pick up a first- and third round pick in 2021, a first round pick in 2022 and safety along with a 2022 fourth-round pick, the Jets land a first- and third-round pick in 2021, a first-round pick in 2022 and safety Bradley McDougald . That's a heck of a rich deal for the Seahawks.

Interesting the BOB was ahead of the curve on sending multiple premium picks for in prime highly talented but still need a contract players.
First, the Texans did it when trading for tackle Laremy Tunsil. Then, the Rams did it when trading for cornerback Jalen Ramsey. Now, the Seahawks have done it, trading for safety Jamal Adams.

Fake news. Two 1st round picks, preposterous.

:kitten:
I agree ! No that's goofy !
OK for a LT, definitely maybe an edge guy, possibly maybe a corner, but no way for a safety, not even Ronnie Lott if he were in his prime today.

Megadeals of any sort could be complicated by potential drops in the salary cap over the next few seasons due to expected decreases in league revenue because of COVID-19. Next year’s cap will have a floor of $175 million — it could go higher depending on revenues — while this year’s is $198.2 million.

The investment the Seahawks made to get Adams indicates that they are confident it will get a deal done and likely to do whatever it takes to get one done.

Still, that Seattle made the deal without having agreed on a new contract with Adams caused some to wonder if the Seahawks had given up too much. The Seahawks might counter that they expect the two first-round picks to be in the mid-20s at least, and All-Pro safeties who are just 24 years old aren’t often found at that part of the draft.
This such a huge mistake and so hard to understand,” tweeted former Eagles and Browns president Joe Banner accompanying a story stating that Adams and the Seahawks do not have a new contract in place.

The Seahawks haven’t been shy about trading for players with uncertain contractual futures and figuring they will work it out later one way or the other — notably the deal last year for Jadeveon Clowney.

Clowney had just one year remaining on his contract and became a free agent and remains unsigned.
The Seahawks gave up much less for Clowney than it did Adams (defensive ends Jacob Martin and Barkevious Mingo and a third-round pick).

Among those taking to Twitter to celebrate the trade was Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, tweeting “Let’s get it!!! @Prez” a reference to Adams’ Twitter handle.

Adams also took to Twitter to acknowledge the trade, stating: “To the Seahawks Org & Fans: You have a man on a mission, a man all in on winning a Super Bowl, being the best leader & teammate he can be, & a man who will give everything he has to the city of Seattle and to the 12s all across the world. Thank you for believing in me!”
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-make-blockbuster-trade-for-safety-jamal-adams/
Well the boo birds are already out on this deal and I don't get it either ?
By comparison IMO it makes Bill O'Brien look downright shrewd on his deal for LT Tunsil.

Megadeals of any sort could be complicated by potential drops in the salary cap over the next few seasons due to expected decreases in league revenue because of COVID-19. Next year’s cap will have a floor of $175 million — it could go higher depending on revenues — while this year’s is $198.2 million.

The investment the Seahawks made to get Adams indicates that they are confident it will get a deal done and likely to do whatever it takes to get one done.

Still, that Seattle made the deal without having agreed on a new contract with Adams caused some to wonder if the Seahawks had given up too much. The Seahawks might counter that they expect the two first-round picks to be in the mid-20s at least, and All-Pro safeties who are just 24 years old aren’t often found at that part of the draft.
This such a huge mistake and so hard to understand,” tweeted former Eagles and Browns president Joe Banner accompanying a story stating that Adams and the Seahawks do not have a new contract in place.

The Seahawks haven’t been shy about trading for players with uncertain contractual futures and figuring they will work it out later one way or the other — notably the deal last year for Jadeveon Clowney.

Clowney had just one year remaining on his contract and became a free agent and remains unsigned.
The Seahawks gave up much less for Clowney than it did Adams (defensive ends Jacob Martin and Barkevious Mingo and a third-round pick).

Among those taking to Twitter to celebrate the trade was Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, tweeting “Let’s get it!!! @Prez” a reference to Adams’ Twitter handle.

Adams also took to Twitter to acknowledge the trade, stating: “To the Seahawks Org & Fans: You have a man on a mission, a man all in on winning a Super Bowl, being the best leader & teammate he can be, & a man who will give everything he has to the city of Seattle and to the 12s all across the world. Thank you for believing in me!”
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-make-blockbuster-trade-for-safety-jamal-adams/
Well the boo birds are already out on this deal and I don't get it either ?
By comparison IMO it makes Bill O'Brien look downright shrewd on his deal for LT Tunsil.

If Tunsil raises his game this season, I'll feel a lot better about the trade. Hopefully he's better dialed in to Watson's cadence so he'll remain planted until the ball snaps.

If Tunsil raises his game this season, I'll feel a lot better about the trade. Hopefully he's better dialed in to Watson's cadence so he'll remain planted until the ball snaps.

I just posted in another thread how bad that deal looks to me in hindsight.

They gave up superstar assets and money to that guy and the production just doesn't add up to 2 #1's and a #2 and 22m per year.

What's worse is that he'll be taking up QB money in terms of cap percentage.

The deal has a max value of $72 million over the four new years, a $20 million signing bonus and includes $38 million guaranteed, agents Kevin Conner and Robert Brown of Universal Sports told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

The extension will be added to the final year of Adams' rookie deal, so he's now under contract through the 2025 season. There also is an option bonus worth $12.5 million that can be exercised on the first day of the 2022 league year, according to Schefter.
After incredulously trading 2 (two) first round picks to the Jets for this guy, the Seahawks have now doubled down for this "safety" with this fat new contract. Every time I see something about this trade I just wonder what kind of a deal a competent GM for the Texans could have got for Clowney when the Texans traded him to Seattle ?
F-Y Bill you azz-wipe !

The deal has a max value of $72 million over the four new years, a $20 million signing bonus and includes $38 million guaranteed, agents Kevin Conner and Robert Brown of Universal Sports told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

The extension will be added to the final year of Adams' rookie deal, so he's now under contract through the 2025 season. There also is an option bonus worth $12.5 million that can be exercised on the first day of the 2022 league year, according to Schefter.
After incredulously trading 2 (two) first round picks to the Jets for this guy, the Seahawks have now doubled down for this "safety" with this fat new contract. Every time I see something about this trade I just wonder what kind of a deal a competent GM for the Texans could have got for Clowney when the Texans traded him to Seattle ?
F-Y Bill you azz-wipe !

Have you seen Clowneys play since he's been traded? Obviously not

Have you seen Clowneys play since he's been traded? Obviously not
Obviously you are referring to Clowneys recent year performances because the trade between us and the Seahawks involving Clowney was made two years ago this month after Clowney had recorded virtual double digit sack seasons of 9.5 & 9.0 in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
Only 26 years old at the time of the trade Clowney was at his peak and just a reasonably capable NFL executive could have and should have dealt Clowney for a handsome price while instead the incompetent former Texans GM Bill O'Brien botched the trade badly.

Obviously you are referring to Clowneys recent year performances because the trade between us and the Seahawks involving Clowney was made two years ago this month after Clowney had recorded virtual double digit sack seasons of 9.5 & 9.0 in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
Only 26 years old at the time of the trade Clowney was at his peak and just a reasonably capable NFL executive could have and should have dealt Clowney for a handsome price while instead the incompetent former Texans GM Bill O'Brien botched the trade badly.

This was what was one of several issues that led to Gaine being fired. Gaine wanted more value for a trade of Clowney and was prepared to let Clowney play for Texans on the franchise tag if he couldn’t get the value he was asking for.

The Chiefs traded for Frank Clark before the draft. If Gaine had dealt Clowney to the Chiefs before they made the deal with the Seahawks they would have gotten a lot more value than what they ended up with.

Once Gaine is fired GM OB decides to deal Clowney for a fraction of what he could have gotten before the draft (when more teams have cap room to sign a player to a long term deal and uncertainty team will fill need via draft).

Best scenario after Clark gets traded to Chiefs is to let Clowney play on the franchise tag in hindsight. And also never let OB anywhere near the GM job!

Back