Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/18. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

GP

Go Texans!
We don't deserve to win
Wrong. We always DESERVE to win. And we did.

It's a win.

This type of win, as pissed off as ALL of us were (as pissed off as I am sure the whole team WAS) it's the type of win that you use later down the road, when you're down and out and need to reach deep into the suitcase of courage.

This win, IMO, is huge. It will be used for future games when we're not clicking and need to sack up and get it done out there.

Best game of the year. LOVED it.

GP

Go Texans!
I don't want to check my blood pressure right now.

My heart is in my left ear right now. It ain't in my throat. Its in my EAR.

Whew! Holy cow. My wife was jumping up and screaming for AJ. I was sort of like "Do I watch AJ, or do I watch my wife jumping up and down??" That was a bonus. :doot:

ziggy29

Veteran
This type of win, as pissed off as ALL of us were (as pissed off as I am sure the whole team WAS) it's the type of win that you use later down the road, when you're down and out and need to reach deep into the suitcase of courage.

This win, IMO, is huge. It will be used for future games when we're not clicking and need to sack up and get it done out there.
Let's not forget, also, that for most of their existence, the Texans were the other guys on the field -- who couldn't finish, who found ways to lose games that seemed to be in their grasp. We should just be glad we're on the other side of the ledger now.

Better to find a way to win in a subpar performance than to find a way to lose when you were the better team for most of the game.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
What an ugly, insane and extremely entertaining game!! :)

They cost me 300$, but we're 9-1 so it's all worth it! :)

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Anyone who thinks AJ has lost a step and is getting old is crazy, the guy was still coming back from injury, and damn is he ever back ??? Favorite player of all time.

2012Champs

Hall of Fame
I hated this game and loved it. FU texans and the down fall of my health but I love you for winning. Stockholm syndrome at its best

GP

Go Texans!
Let's not forget, also, that for most of their existence, the Texans were the other guys on the field -- who couldn't finish, who found ways to lose games that seemed to be in their grasp. We should just be glad we're on the other side of the ledger now.

Better to find a way to win in a subpar performance than to find a way to lose when you were the better team for most of the game.
I kept saying throughout the whole 4th qtr. that the Jags don't have the nerve to finish us off. In years past, that was the TEXANS who would choke it away.

I had a feeling the entire game. Now, I will admit that when Schaub threw the pick in OT that I had a split second of doubt. But I just knew we'd stone them 4 and out anyway. It just didn't feel right, it wasn't going to end with us losing.

This year is magical. Destiny. It's like what Notre Dame is doing right now. It;s fated.

Lurvinator11

Veteran
I kept saying throughout the whole 4th qtr. that the Jags don't have the nerve to finish us off. In years past, that was the TEXANS who would choke it away.

I had a feeling the entire game. Now, I will admit that when Schaub threw the pick in OT that I had a split second of doubt. But I just knew we'd stone them 4 and out anyway. It just didn't feel right, it wasn't going to end with us losing.

This year is magical. Destiny. It's like what Notre Dame is doing right now. It;s fated.
Psssh, I had doubt most of the game! When Schaub threw the INT I was done.

I am so glad the defense held, and Johnson got that awesome moment.

That moment will be replayed in our history for many years to come!

sandmanx

Waterboy
Wait a sec...are either of those records for either guy???

Has Schaub ever had over 500??? I think he has.
A new record for both, Schaub's old record was 497 vs the redskins in 2010.

They also tied the record for most points in franchise history too.

SAMURAITEXAN

All Pro
I couldn't comment on anything till now. We Win and that is good. We need to get it together for Detroit or we are asking for terrible.

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
These are the games that a good team wins.

When you are off your game, and nothing is working, you just keep grinding till things come right.

In the record books, it still counts as a W.

Really didn't need OT before a Thursday game though.

Austrian

All Pro
Wait a sec...are either of those records for either guy???

Has Schaub ever had over 500??? I think he has.
BOth personal records. Schaub 2nd most passing yards in a game in NFL hisotry behind Norm van Brocklin and tied for 2nd with Warren Moon.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Some of had to endure the Browns choking against the stupid Cowboys. Let's hope the NFL never does this again -- Texans and Cowboys on the same network and same kickoff time? Stupid NFL. Bad NFL.
BS, I'm a Texan fan. I find the game. I watched it too. F the Cowboys. What a great day.

Texn4life

All Pro
Ben Jones on that AJ TD today was hilarious. That dude was running as hard as he could to get a block for Andre, but just couldn't quite get there.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Wrong. We always DESERVE to win. And we did.

It's a win.

Best game of the year. LOVED it.
When the emotions have left my body... I'm sure ill agree with you.

Joeycharp89

Waterboy
By the way, can we just go ahead build an Andre Johnson monument in front of Reliant Stadium.
We should put it on top of a skyscraper, or just sprinkle many of them throughout the entire Houston area. I'd vote for one in Sugarland's Town Center.

FirstTexansFan

The Unknown Fan
I'm too old for this! Next game, I'm having an in-home nurse here to fetch my beer, and bring me back after the multiple heart attacks with her trusty defibrillator :)

Premier

Rookie
shefter tweets. "texans become first team in NFL history to score twice in overtime" lol obviously it was impossible before last post season. but useless trivia nonetheless..

ziggy29

Veteran
shefter tweets. "texans become first team in NFL history to score twice in overtime" lol obviously it was impossible before last post season. but useless trivia nonetheless..
When Jax had the ball goal to go and a TD would have ended it, I was ready to post: "Does that make the Texans the answer to a trivia question, the first under the new rules to score in OT and lose?" I guess they were a different (and better) type of trivia question!