Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

J J Watt

Audio on musical performance was way off. No great sketches so far.

Why do a singing sketch when JJ can't carry a tune ?? That show used to have some of the best writers in the business !

"I like that."

Pretty nondescript so far. Not jj's fault.

Remember when SNL wasn't politically driven? Jesus, I had to fast forward through the first 75% of the show just to see one single skit that didn't have a leftist bias.. Saturday night live used to be a edgy social comedic satire that was equal opportunistic..

..and for Christ's sake! I know that they already own all media, but can we stop with the "Disney drops".. Saturday night live needs to be put out of it's misery, this show hasn't been funny for almost 20 years.. it needs to get back to it's roots or be cancelled already.

The pizza skit was pretty funny at the end.... the rest of the show was pretty bad. The weekend update is too long as well.... lasted almost 20 minutes.

Remember when SNL wasn't politically driven? Jesus, I had to fast forward through the first 75% of the show just to see one single skit that didn't have a leftist bias.. Saturday night live used to be a edgy social comedic satire that was equal opportunistic..

..and for Christ's sake! I know that they already own all media, but can we stop with the "Disney drops".. Saturday night live needs to be put out of it's misery, this show hasn't been funny for almost 20 years.. it needs to get back to it's roots or be cancelled already.
I used to watch/listen to politics most of the day. Now that I’m back to work, and as a chemical dependency counselor, not as a quality engineer I have reduced my politics to almost 0%. I have no room in my new profession for biases. That includes these late night entertainment shows that are pushing a political agenda. So I watched none of the JJ Watt hosted SNL.

I used to watch/listen to politics most of the day. Now that I’m back to work, and as a chemical dependency counselor, not as a quality engineer I have reduced my politics to almost 0%. I have no room in my new profession for biases. That includes these late night entertainment shows that are pushing a political agenda. So I watched none of the JJ Watt hosted SNL.
SNL has changed so much that I rarely watch it, and if I do, I don't find any of it funny. The good old days of nonsensical humor with Belushi, Farley, Sandler, Nealon, etc. are over.

SNL has always had political humor mostly directed at the party in power. The biggest change has been people's inability to laugh at ourselves.

That said, I don't watch much regular
TV so didn't know JJ was on. Need to catch it.

SNL has always had political humor mostly directed at the party in power. The biggest change has been people's inability to laugh at ourselves.

That said, I don't watch much regular
TV so didn't know JJ was on. Need to catch it.

You’re right it was mostly directed at the party in power until the Obama administration and then honestly I think they got scared to be called racist so they started treating him with kid gloves. Then Trump won and all bets were off.

I still remember the Reagan skits, the Clinton skits and oh my God we’re the skits around the 2000 election funny.

Man tough crowd. I thought JJ was better then solid and I laughed my ass off at a couple. (Robbie was hilarious) Now, I'm like the majority of you guys, the wife and I don't typically watch SNL (didnt this last Sat) because it's not what it used to be, way to political for us so I just dialed up You Tube and watched the JJ skits I wanted to watch. Much easier.

Watched it last night and thought he was great. The sex talk with his son and "Robbie" were both hilarious.

He was not nearly as wooden as I expected. Just having fun.

Think that J.J. though not too soon could be a broadcaster or some sort of media one day.

I agree, the bias towards one political party is more than I can take. I haven't watched that show since Trump was elected. It used to be pretty funny though. TBH I liked Mad TV more back in the day.

I agree, the bias towards one political party is more than I can take. I haven't watched that show since Trump was elected. It used to be pretty funny though. TBH I liked Mad TV more back in the day.
Mad TV was definitely good when it started. The first few seasons in the mid 90s with Bryan Callen, Nicole Sullivan, Phil LaMarr, Artie Lange, Will Sasso and Orlando Jones were all great.

In Living Color was awesome as well. Better than SNL in my opinion.

Man people forget how much talent that show had. Jim Carrey, when he was still funny, all the Wayans, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Lopez, though talent is a little bit of a stretch she was still hot as hell, and David Alan Grier to name a few. Only thing I think topped it talent wise was SNL back in the Chase, Martin, Murray and Aykroyd days.

In Living Color was awesome as well. Better than SNL in my opinion.

During the Super Bowl, a friend told me he read an article saying In Living Color is the reason why SB Halftimes is such a big spectacle today. Makes sense. Remember, there used to be a time when alot of people would switch over to In Living Color during halftime. During this time, the halftime shows weren't anything great.

During the Super Bowl, a friend told me he read an article saying In Living Color is the reason why SB Halftimes is such a big spectacle today. Makes sense. Remember, there used to be a time when alot of people would switch over to In Living Color during halftime. During this time, the halftime shows weren't anything great.
I remember that lol.

LOL during the WSH vs. BUF halftime show,

“Men on Film”

“Unfortunately my two favorite teams didn’t make it, the Oilers and the Packers“
LOL

Back