Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

It's not just Schaub

I just read an article on Chron.com that basically stated the Rams studied film and had a pretty good idea what play the Texans were going to run on Yates' pick-six. This goes along with what the Seahawks said a couple of games ago.

They might have just been saying this, but it seems to me that our offensive predictability, along with meltdowns other places, is absolutely killing us. Is Kubiak not capable of doing something different, or is he just stubborn?

Anyway, the title of this thread says it all.

We have to be done with Matt. Have to. Not a kubiak fan, but their love affair has to end. It's not healthy for the kids.

We can fire kubiak at years end. But right now, McNair needs to give direct orders to leave Schaub on the sideline.

I disagree.

Schaub gives us our best chance to lose. Maybe we can fail our way into Boyd.

I just read an article on Chron.com that basically stated the Rams studied film and had a pretty good idea what play the Texans were going to run on Yates' pick-six. This goes along with what the Seahawks said a couple of games ago.

They might have just been saying this, but it seems to me that our offensive predictability, along with meltdowns other places, is absolutely killing us. Is Kubiak not capable of doing something different, or is he just stubborn?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2228837&postcount=1514

They'll always say that. That's why they watch film. That's how the game plan. We do the same thing. If we ever come up with an INT, we'll say it too.

I say fail into Clowney, get QB in rd 2. Or jake matthews in first, still sucking at that rt spot
I love how people just assume you can get a quality player at X position in Y round, especially at QB. It's just not that easy or simple.

I'm certainly not saying that drafting a QB in the 1st guarantees anything. Just don't bet on the QB you want being on the board in the 2nd.

It's not just Schaub.

No, it's not. Opposing teams have been reading Kubiak's mail.

Chris Mortensen made a passing comment on NFL Insiders a couple of weeks ago that "in talking to other team's" it's apparent that "Gary Kubiak is not doing a good enough job of self-scouting."

Kubiak will be fired, and another team will pick him up quickly. Only then will Gary learn what & how he has been tipping his play calling. He'll be a top 5 OC from then forward.

Kubiak has lost the team as well, even J.J. Watt's body language today was bad, he wasn't hyping the crowd up between plays, after we went down 10-0 you could see the route was on at that point.

They all had their hands on the hips, did not seem into the game at all.

Kubiak has lost the team as well, even J.J. Watt's body language today was bad, he wasn't hyping the crowd up between plays, after we went down 10-0 you could see the route was on at that point.

They all had their hands on the hips, did not seem into the game at all.

And i didnt even wait until commercials to go take a piss :boogereater:

I love how people just assume you can get a quality player at X position in Y round, especially at QB. It's just not that easy or simple.

I'm certainly not saying that drafting a QB in the 1st guarantees anything. Just don't bet on the QB you want being on the board in the 2nd.

I just feel if were in the spot to draft either of those two, we can still draft a good QB in rd 2. Personally Im not sold on guys like Bridgewater, Boyd, or Mcarron, I am though a Steve Morris fan myself. Besides if you were to follow any draft sites, they ALL say this upcoming draft is STACKED with quality QBs

Maybe not docb......but we've had more success plugging holes by taking guys in the first than we have had in trying to take guys later in the draft and "developing" them. I'm not sure we've successfully developed anyone who wasnt a 1st round pick.

Our free agents over the years also leave alot to be desired....its been J-jo, leach and??????????

I just feel if were in the spot to draft either of those two, we can still draft a good QB in rd 2. Personally Im not sold on guys like Bridgewater, Boyd, or Mcarron, I am though a Steve Morris fan myself. Besides if you were to follow any draft sites, they ALL say this upcoming draft is STACKED with quality QBs

Interesting. Morris is who you like? I'm not bashing, but could you explain why? Hundley is my choice.

Sooo.. You're not sold on the QB's, but you like a DE (clowney) with a suspect motor and questionable dedication.

HmmMMmMmMMmm.. :boogereater:

Maybe not docb......but we've had more success plugging holes by taking guys in the first than we have had in trying to take guys later in the draft and "developing" them. I'm not sure we've successfully developed anyone who wasnt a 1st round pick.

Our free agents over the years also leave alot to be desired....its been J-jo, leach and??????????

Antonio Smith and season MVP Lechler. (Yes I purposely omitted names like reed and mays.)

Did you misread my post? You're kinda making my point for me.

Sooo.. You're not sold on the QB's, but you like a DE (clowney) with a suspect motor and questionable dedication.

HmmMMmMmMMmm.. :boogereater:

Hes been supposedly " NFL ready" since high school. Alot of players have there issues prior to entering the pros, example look at the teams that passed on Justin Houston for a few marijuana issues. Any real issues now. I think Clowney is just surrounded by guys who are influencing him to play "careful' to avoid injury and a possible top 5 draft pick.

I've been talking about the texans taking a qb in the 1st 3 rd for the last 3yrs. Whether it was the Arkansa mallett,wilson,or geno this year. They hitched their wagon to a limited talent guy even post injury and now its starting to show. I'm a believer in think players,not plays. Matt would look good if he had the 49ers line,vernon davis,andre johnson from 5 yrs ago with calvin johnson opposite him. Of course,but that's impossible. At some point,critical points the qb has to be the playmaker and schaub has never been that in his best days. Could the game be called different? Sure. If it were me,I would line up arian,posey,aj,hopkins,and foster and throw to get the lead and let that slow tes go out after everything cleared. Other than that I would throw or run out of 11 personel and no huddle. We can't even start on how bad the defense has been either

Agreed. So does it really matter who's the quarterback under this regime?

They'll always say that. That's why they watch film. That's how the game plan. We do the same thing. If we ever come up with an INT, we'll say it too.

I'm not sure our coaches have the players watch film of other games. At least we don't ever seem to be prepared. When was the last time you watched a game and thought, man, we knew what they were going to do and beat them to the punch? How many games do we see where other teams look for ways to exploit us? We like to blitz and get killed by screens because we are undisciplined. We're good for a 18 yard screen on 3rd and 17 once a game. Our linebackers can't cover (more evident last year against the Pats) so teams create mismatches making our LBs cover an athletic TE or a RB and they get big plays out of it. Our DBs play off the line and teams run quick slants.

I've never seen this team try and exploit another team's weakness. If the coaches watch film they don't make use of it. Gary is going to run the plays that he wants to run regardless of situation or circumstance. I'm convinced if he had been OC or HC for Elway's entire career he would never have made the HoF. Throw Andrew Luck on this team and he'd be Jake Locker.

Hes been supposedly " NFL ready" since high school. Alot of players have there issues prior to entering the pros, example look at the teams that passed on Justin Houston for a few marijuana issues. Any real issues now. I think Clowney is just surrounded by guys who are influencing him to play "careful' to avoid injury and a possible top 5 draft pick.

Clowney has made one play in his college career that vaulted him to the top of the draft heap. He screams Mario Williams to me. Great NFL body, but is an NFL player?

Let me start off by saying I'm ready for a complete house cleaning. QBs, Kubiak, Wade Phillips and GM. It's flawed from the top down. I'm done supporting this regime. I also agree it's not just Schaub - it is coaching and scheme as well. This scheme allows for no mistakes. Get off schedule - done. Penalty - done. Get behind - done. Turnover - done. There is no risk/reward system. It's low risk, low reward. Any mistakes get amplified in this system.

But...take the exact same players, same coaches & same scheme. Take out our QBs and add one of the following (take your pick): Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers
Kubiak with any of those guys would look like the master of offense again and this team would be 6-0. There are probably 20 QBs that could have this team at 5-1 or better. Schaub has no playmaking skills. Pinpoint accuracy, great deep ball, cannon arm, extending the play, quick release, great touch, making other players better, throwing on the run, great leader, running (lol), master of reading defenses? What skill can you say Schaub has that is as good or better than the best in the league? That's what Kubiak has to work with.

It's too late. Kubiak hasn't been able to advance his system because he's tied to his QBs. Kubiak stuck with and designed this current crap system around Schaub. He even drafted mini-Schaub in Yates. Herv told me once that the Kubiak system is like Rudyball. Boring even if successful. If it's not successful then get rid of it. Time for a change. Fire everyone.

Let me start off by saying I'm ready for a complete house cleaning. QBs, Kubiak, Wade Phillips and GM. It's flawed from the top down. I'm done supporting this regime. I also agree it's not just Schaub - it is coaching and scheme as well. This scheme allows for no mistakes. Get off schedule - done. Penalty - done. Get behind - done. Turnover - done. There is no risk/reward system. It's low risk, low reward. Any mistakes get amplified in this system.

But...take the exact same players, same coaches & same scheme. Take out our QBs and add one of the following (take your pick): Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Aaron RodgersKubiak with any of those guys would look like the master of offense again and this team would be 6-0. There are probably 20 QBs that could have this team at 5-1 or better. Schaub has no playmaking skills. Pinpoint accuracy, great deep ball, cannon arm, extending the play, quick release, great touch, making other players better, throwing on the run, great leader, running (lol), master of reading defenses? What skill can you say Schaub has that is as good or better than the best in the league? That's what Kubiak has to work with.

It's too late. Kubiak hasn't been able to advance his system because he's tied to his QBs. Kubiak stuck with and designed this current crap system around Schaub. He even drafted mini-Schaub in Yates. Herv told me once that the Kubiak system is like Rudyball. Boring even if successful. If it's not successful then get rid of it. Time for a change. Fire everyone.

You put those guys on anyone's team & you get the same results...So really that's not saying anything. And as was demonstrated yesterday, it's highly likely that it doesn't matter who's under center with this regime...you're likely going to see the same issues.

I'm convinced if he had been OC or HC for Elway's entire career he would never have made the HoF. Throw Andrew Luck on this team and he'd be Jake Locker.

Are you saying that Matt Schaub = Drew Brees?

If Luck becomes Locker in this system, then Schaub would be elite on any other team.

You know that's not true. It's the other way around. Locker would be Luck if he had Kubiak drawing up plays for him. Schaub would be a career back-up without Kubiak but he's performed on par with the elite QBs over the last two years in every category except the elusive "wins vs teams with winning records."

Back