Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

It's April Prediction Time!

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
OK, so before the draft, what's our record going to be this year? I'll go with my usual 9-7.

And what position will our first draft pick be? I predict anything but an o-lineman just because I don't trust the Texans.

How long before OB gets rid of his offensive coordinator and starts calling the plays again? I think mid-season is a good guess.

Bonus question. How many AAF players will sign with the NFL? I think 10 or more will sign contracts and about half of them will make it on a roster someplace.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I'll go 10-6 just because I think Watson/Hopkins/Fuller trio is that good. Any of them go down all bets are off.

Defense, don't know who but it seems when no one knows exactly what the Texans are looking for they draft D.

He won't, mainly because he's going to be calling the plays from day one. Promoting the kid was just to help him pad his resume for later on so he can say he has experience on the offense side as well. Also to shut people up about BoB not hiring an OC.

5, no real reason, I just like the number 5.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
OK, so before the draft, what's our record going to be this year? I'll go with my usual 9-7.

And what position will our first draft pick be? I predict anything but an o-lineman just because I don't trust the Texans.

How long before OB gets rid of his offensive coordinator and starts calling the plays again? I think mid-season is a good guess.

Bonus question. How many AAF players will sign with the NFL? I think 10 or more will sign contracts and about half of them will make it on a roster someplace.
Let me have 2 more bowls, another dink or three, 10 hours sleep and a dream visit from Spock before I attempt to solve this riddle

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Let me have 2 more bowls, another dink or three, 10 hours sleep and a dream visit from Spock before I attempt to solve this riddle
Which Spock? The original Spock would have no interest in the NFL. The new movies Spock would be to busy with the cheerleaders and the new bearded TV Spock needs to visit a hair salon.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Which Spock? The original Spock would have no interest in the NFL. The new movies Spock would be to busy with the cheerleaders and the new bearded TV Spock needs to visit a hair salon.
I don't know the new Spock, send him for a visit will ya?

On the original Sock... exacty!

Last edited:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'll go with my annual record prediction of somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0, strongly leaning towards 8-8.

I'm going to predict the Texans move down in the draft and take a DB with their 1st pick.

OB will fire his OC at halftime week one since he obviously can't bench Watson then.

I think 3 AAF players will get a roster spot in the NFL.

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Well with not knowing what will come with the draft and FA I'll say 7-9 for now.
I'll go with my annual record prediction of somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0, strongly leaning towards 8-8.

I'm going to predict the Texans move down in the draft and take a DB with their 1st pick.

OB will fire his OC at halftime week one since he obviously can't bench Watson then.

I think 3 AAF players will get a roster spot in the NFL.
You guys really taking this thread serious on 4-1-19?

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
5-11

Rd1 cb (nevermind that 4.6 40)

Rd2 g/c (with plans to play him at Lt)

Rd2 3-4 de (had 6th rd grade but he's a great teammate!)

Rd3 rb (think alfred blue)

Rd5 (after trade back) Lt (small school with injury history which Devlin plans to play at center)

By the end of training camp, multiple other teams will be desperate for a qb due to injuries. Gaine will "astutely" trade Aj McCarron for a 6th rd pick. Within the first 4 weeks of the season Watson will be smashed on a blindside sack causing a serious shoulder injury and concussion. The following week the Texans will endure their worst loss in franchise history with joe webb as the QB. Subsequently, the Texans will spend a 4th round pick on Brian Hoyer.

Clowney will not sign tender. Texans will offer a mega 4 year deal which he signs in mid September. Clowney will stay solid against the run but DJ Reader will finish the season with more sacks.

OB will not fire the oc because he is infact the defacto oc and his plays and scheme are always perfect.

Something tragic with national news coverage will happen at the stadium, parking lot, or facility.

One of the following will be injured and miss 90% of the season: coutee, fuller. (Somewhere while deer hunting on his land in Michigan Bennie Joppru will smile.)

At least 1 Texan will have a dui.

Davenport will work on his upper body strength and miss less assignments because of film study. His feet will stay slow. To compensate, he'll lead the league in false starts.

Texans will sign an aaf tackle and quarterback. Both will not get paying time but half this board will rally for them to get a chance.

Texans will match their 9 game winning streak in 2018 with a 9 game losing streak in 2019. 1 of those losses will be close in overtime and at least 2 more will be because of officiating.

Ob will get another extension.

Next offseason, the same dumbazz saps here who have been begging for offensive line help will again be ignored. We'll just keep waiting, because "They have a plan. Wtf do you know?"

banned1976

sleeper mode
Over/under is 8.5 right now. Before free agency I felt this upcoming season was going to be bad. I thought 6-10 and that’s what I still think.

Seeing as how free agency went, it doesn’t concern me if they have a terrible record. They didn’t throw stupid money around on players that weren’t going to make much of a difference anyway.

Mangler

Toro de España
April prediction? I predict Gaine will have another really good draft, most will cry and slice their wrists because he does not pick a tackle with the 23rd overall pick. Steelb will continue to call the organization cheap, but proceeds to watch every game this upcoming season whilst praying that Watson gets a broken neck...

Last edited:

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker

A great draft is unlikely, and combined with a poor FA showing, indicates a 7-9 season.

They will pick an OLB first, to the dismay of well-informed fans.

The OC will just be a yes man and so will last through the season.

Six AAF players will find NFL roster spots.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
5-11

Rd1 cb (nevermind that 4.6 40)

Rd2 g/c (with plans to play him at Lt)

Rd2 3-4 de (had 6th rd grade but he's a great teammate!)

Rd3 rb (think alfred blue)

Rd5 (after trade back) Lt (small school with injury history which Devlin plans to play at center)

By the end of training camp, multiple other teams will be desperate for a qb due to injuries. Gaine will "astutely" trade Aj McCarron for a 6th rd pick. Within the first 4 weeks of the season Watson will be smashed on a blindside sack causing a serious shoulder injury and concussion. The following week the Texans will endure their worst loss in franchise history with joe webb as the QB. Subsequently, the Texans will spend a 4th round pick on Brian Hoyer.

Clowney will not sign tender. Texans will offer a mega 4 year deal which he signs in mid September. Clowney will stay solid against the run but DJ Reader will finish the season with more sacks.

OB will not fire the oc because he is infact the defacto oc and his plays and scheme are always perfect.

Something tragic with national news coverage will happen at the stadium, parking lot, or facility.

One of the following will be injured and miss 90% of the season: coutee, fuller. (Somewhere while deer hunting on his land in Michigan Bennie Joppru will smile.)

At least 1 Texan will have a dui.

Davenport will work on his upper body strength and miss less assignments because of film study. His feet will stay slow. To compensate, he'll lead the league in false starts.

Texans will sign an aaf tackle and quarterback. Both will not get paying time but half this board will rally for them to get a chance.

Texans will match their 9 game winning streak in 2018 with a 9 game losing streak in 2019. 1 of those losses will be close in overtime and at least 2 more will be because of officiating.

Ob will get another extension.

Next offseason, the same dumbazz saps here who have been begging for offensive line help will again be ignored. We'll just keep waiting, because "They have a plan. Wtf do you know?"
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. :kitten:

Reactions: JB

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
April prediction? I predict Gaine will have another really good draft, most will cry and slice their wrists because he does not pick a tackle with the 23rd overall pick. Steelb will continue to call the organization cheap, but proceeds to watch every game this upcoming season whilst praying that Watson gets a broken neck...
I'm never going to hope somebody gets there neck broken.

I will watch/go too the games for comedic value if nothing else.

I also predict Gaine will do a good job in the draft but will hold off on predictions until after the draft.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I'm never going to hope somebody gets there neck broken.

I will watch/go too the games for comedic value if nothing else.

I also predict Gaine will do a good job in the draft but will hold off on predictions until after the draft.
So you didn't really say it?

Cheap bastards

In a way I hope Watson gets his f'n neck broken and they all fall flat on their faces.

I thought I would add that this is not an indictment of Watson.

You get what you pay for.

Not a damn thing has changed down on Kirby

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Well, after seeing our CB’s get repeatedly raped live on national television, CB is probably THE biggest need on defense!
True, but where are we gonna get two guaranteed shutdown corners from?
We also lacked enough penetration on our pass rush which puts pressure on the qb.
Another good dlineman would help out the Dbackfield and get more TO's.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
At least 10 players from the AAF have been signed by the NFL, so I guessed that one right. How many of them earn a final roster spot is yet to be seen.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
At least 10 players from the AAF have been signed by the NFL, so I guessed that one right. How many of them earn a final roster spot is yet to be seen.
Last number I saw was 17. Mind you a lot of the AAF players had previously been on teams or in training camps.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
OK, so before the draft, what's our record going to be this year?
I'm thinking a second 11-5 season. Why? Because Watson's going into year three & I'm hoping he's figured a few things out.

And what position will our first draft pick be? I
ILB. We really need a stud, downhill playing ILB.

How long before OB gets rid of his offensive coordinator and starts calling the plays again?
Not this season. Watson & the TE coach will get along like peas & carrots. There will be two way dialogue. They will know what each other likes & what the other is trying to accomplish & work together to achieve the same goal.

Bonus question. How many AAF players will sign with the NFL?
A hundred billion dollars

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
I'm thinking a second 11-5 season. Why? Because Watson's going into year three & I'm hoping he's figured a few things out.

ILB. We really need a stud, downhill playing ILB.

Not this season. Watson & the TE coach will get along like peas & carrots. There will be two way dialogue. They will know what each other likes & what the other is trying to accomplish & work together to achieve the same goal.

A hundred billion dollars
Peas and carrots are the grossest combination that ever turned my stomach. Maybe that's how you meant it.
Are you saying they will go together like pickles and chocolate?