Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is there actually a chance?

edo783

Hall of Fame
Where's the profanity filters at mods? Women and children are readers of this board.
While I totally agree, my guess is the filters can't catch them all. Probably will require a mod to step in and hand modify it.

Shishkabob

All Pro
While I totally agree, my guess is the filters can't catch them all. Probably will require a mod to step in and hand modify it.
Well 1 is misspelled I understand it missing that, but the other 2 are pretty common and shouldn't be missed lol

Cak you're not doing a very good job....

austins23

Hall of Fame
But this Texans team will not be then what we see now.
If our run game can be more consistent week to week
Pretty sure I heard somewhere this morning that since week 6 the Texans are leading the NFL in rushing? I was doing other things and wasn't completely paying attention, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

EDIT: 153 yds per game average last 6 games. 951 yds (mas o menos) in 6 games. Keep that up and good things will happen.

If that's the case and it continues this team has a chance to do to the big boys what the Arlingtons did to the Saints last night.

I think this run game holds up just fine because teams can't stack the LOS anymore. Watson, Hopkins, Thomas and Coutee (when playing) have made the D respect the pass as well. Play action passes are starting to work like they are supposed to.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Curious what Rico thinks after the Thursday night game where a strong defense and time control smash offense derailed a offensive juggernaut. Weather starts to change, injuries arise, schemes get cracked as the season progresses. Amazing what pressure up the middle and not just edges does to HOF QBs
I think a Dallas defense at home will be tough to run on. They were able to contain the Saints running game, and thugged up the passing game. Payton goofed on going for it vs kicking a field goal, and the refs missed the most blatant helmet to helmet hit on 54 for Dallas i've seen in a while. that took Kamara out of the game and stalled a promising drive. So for Dallas to win vs a high scoring offense they needed to play perfect defensive football (with some help from the zebras) to win which they did. Deshaun Watson went into ATT and threw for almost 400 yards. Would you say that the Houston offense is better than the New Orleans offense? The whole 'any given Sunday' conundrum (or Thursday in this case). I was pretty impressed with the NO defense also.

HouTx11

Rookie
Late to this thread. Oh well, my .02:

Every game left on the Texans schedule is a potential W or an L, except for the Eagles. The Texans never beat the Eagles, so go ahead and mark that an L on the schedule now. Every other game the Texans could win, but the opponent is tough enough to beat the Texans as well. 9-7 or 10-6 is NOT a guarantee at this point, to say nothing about 12-4 or even 13-3, or even 13-2-1 (just in case lightning strikes twice and this time Frank Reich decides to play for the tie).

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Texans get the AFC WEST and NFC SOUTH next year. Then more than likely the Patriots (AGAIN) and the Steelers.

o how I love it when we play the saints im guessing another trip down to Nola

Anywho I wont be satisfied with any season he on unless we win the superbowl its never happend for Houston pro ball so I think its time we have a little dynasty with Watson at the helm

TBO our window is now open this is the 1st year were we can say that

we got a young offensive with a aging defense … but has long has Watson is our QB and obvs hes got to play well and carry this team on his back the window will be open

but like I said the Defense will transition in 2 years good or bad ...but it shouldn't effect on what the offensive does

Last edited:

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
With the Chiefs cutting Kareem Hunt, that opens a big window for the Texans. They just cut 1/3 of their offense. That could mean they could lose those 3 games and end up at 11-5. Not only that, but allot of their fire power just went up in smoke. This is the opening. If teams don't have to worry about Hunt any more, they can key on Mahomes, Kelce and Hill and really slow down their passing game. They could all of a sudden become very beatable without the threat of Hunt in both the running and passing game. The teams with good defenses like the Texans could capitalize on this really big change to the Chiefs. Advantage. Houston.

Last edited:

Number19

Hall of Fame
With the Chiefs cutting Kareem Hunt, that opens a big window for the Texans. They just cut 1/3 off their offense. That could mean they could lose those 3 games and end up at 11-5. Not only that, but allot of their fire power just went up in smoke. This is the opening. If teams don't have to worry about Hunt any more, they can key on Mahomes, Kelce and Hill and really slow down their passing game. They could all of a sudden become very beatable without the threat of Hunt in both the running and passing game. The teams with good defenses like the Texans could capitalize on this really big change to the Chiefs. Advantage. Houston.
Exactly what thought when I read this in this morning's Chronicle.

Bugman7star

All Pro
KC losing Hunt has definitely helped our chances of securing a bye. We just can't look past any team and must keep improving each week in some way. Peaking at the right time is key. This end of season stretch will really let us know who this team really is.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
The Chiefs have to play the Ravens, Chargers and Seahawks in those last 5 games. All of a sudden, they may not have an advantage over any of them and since all 3 of those teams have pretty solid defenses, they could very easily be 3 losses. The Texans chances at not only Division champs, but also, the bye and even the best record in the AFC just went way up and, the Texans chance at getting to the Super Bowl just went from unlikely to probable.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
The season just got even more exciting and gives us Texans fans even more to look forward to and cheer for.

Number19

Hall of Fame
The Chiefs have to play the Ravens, Chargers and Seahawks in those last 5 games. All of a sudden, they may not have an advantage over any of them and since all 3 of those teams have pretty solid defenses, they could very easily be 3 losses. The Texans chances at not only Division champs, but also, the bye and even the best record in the AFC just went way up and, the Texans chance at getting to the Super Bowl just went from unlikely to probable.
The Indy game will tell us. Win this one and I'll like our chances to run the table.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I really hate all these overly optimistic posts... We're in Houston for fk's sake!

My how a 8 game winning streak changes the tune around here, but the warts are still there. Texans can still finish 8-8 just like they could finish 13-3

Go Texans :texflag:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
o how I love it when we play the saints im guessing another trip down to Nola

Anywho I wont be satisfied with any season he on unless we win the superbowl its never happend for Houston pro ball so I think its time we have a little dynasty with Watson at the helm

TBO our window is now open this is the 1st year were we can say that

we got a young offensive with a aging defense … but has long has Watson is our QB and obvs hes got to play well and carry this team on his back the window will be open

but like I said the Defense will transition in 2 years good or bad ...but it shouldn't effect on what the offensive does

My man!!!

You do not disappoint.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
?

BTW, for all of y'all predicting the Chiefs demise.

Spencer Ware was the starter before getting hurt last preseason. He's pretty good and since you think of me as an armchair GM, (Whatever that means) I wouldn't mind seeing Gaine add Ware in FA.
I think armchair GM means you see the warts and don't mind saying so

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I really hate all these overly optimistic posts... We're in Houston for fk's sake!

My how a 8 game winning streak changes the tune around here, but the warts are still there. Texans can still finish 8-8 just like they could finish 13-3

Which team doesn't have warts?

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
?

BTW, for all of y'all predicting the Chiefs demise.

Spencer Ware was the starter before getting hurt last preseason. He's pretty good and since you think of me as an armchair GM, (Whatever that means) I wouldn't mind seeing Gaine add Ware in FA.
Only messing mate, you're always banging the drum for the non Texans worthy high production guys. Place wouldn't be the same without you and you are usually right about stuff.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
With the Chiefs cutting Kareem Hunt, that opens a big window for the Texans. They just cut 1/3 of their offense. That could mean they could lose those 3 games and end up at 11-5. Not only that, but allot of their fire power just went up in smoke. This is the opening. If teams don't have to worry about Hunt any more, they can key on Mahomes, Kelce and Hill and really slow down their passing game. They could all of a sudden become very beatable without the threat of Hunt in both the running and passing game. The teams with good defenses like the Texans could capitalize on this really big change to the Chiefs. Advantage. Houston.
Will the Texans sign Hunt again? (Don't count on it.)

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Well the Steelers fine without bell right. KC will figure it out. Mahommes is the pilot of that ship.

Just sayin...

dream_team

Hall of Fame

And I really hate all of the overly pessimistic posts. The team is winning. Majority of NFL teams wishes they were in our position. This is not a common and easy thing to accomplish. Enjoy it while you can.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
And I really hate all of the overly pessimistic posts. The team is winning. Majority of NFL teams wishes they were in our position. This is not a common and easy thing to accomplish. Enjoy it while you can.
Yeah both extremes are annoying... but as a Houston fan, the overly optimistic seems to always bite us in the a$$

Was it the Osweiler MVP thread?

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Sure, there's a chance, just like there's a chance when you purchase a lotto ticket. but hey, if the Texans were to ever go on a 16 game winning streak, no better time for it than the present.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
The only team the Texans gained ground on was the Colts in their loss to the Jaguars. The Charges, Patriots and Chiefs all won. Only 4 more games to make up some kind of ground in this playoff race. The Texans need to stay the course. One game at a time. The only thing they can control is their own record. Hopefully, they can get some help from the other teams opposition in this race. The chance is still there.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Man just get into the playoffs and stop worrying about who we will play or if we will have a bye ...etc. We as fans worry about this type of stuff too much. We can beat anyone of these team.
Yes we can, but it'll be much easier to beat them at home. Besides. This is part of what makes a season like this so exciting. So why not? It's all part of the fun of this game and watching this team.

Shishkabob

All Pro
The only team the Texans gained ground on was the Colts in their loss to the Jaguars. The Charges, Patriots and Chiefs all won. Only 4 more games to make up some kind of ground in this playoff race. The Texans need to stay the course. One game at a time. The only thing they can control is their own record. Hopefully, they can get some help from the other teams opposition in this race. The chance is still there.
We are 1.5 games up on the Steelers now in the 3/4 spot battle

jradMIT

Veteran
Texans have a real shot at the #1 seed, first win out the last 4 games, then either NE has to lose a game or LAC has to win out as well and create a 3 way tie at 13-3 in which the Texans would have the tiebreaker for the three team tie.

jradMIT

Veteran
Texans have a real shot at the #1 seed, first win out the last 4 games, then either NE has to lose a game or LAC has to win out as well and create a 3 way tie at 13-3 in which the Texans would have the tiebreaker for the three team tie.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Most likely, they land at the 3 seed. Right now, that would match them up with the Ravens. I'll take the Texans in that match-up.

markn

All Pro
Texans have a real shot at the #1 seed, first win out the last 4 games, then either NE has to lose a game...
How does that guarantee getting us ahead of KC?

...or LAC has to win out as well and create a 3 way tie at 13-3 in which the Texans would have the tiebreaker for the three team tie.
This makes sense because now KC are out of the picture, and since LAC, HOU and NE did not all play each other, the head-to-heads are ignored. That means we jump to conference record as the next tiebreaker, where HOU will have the best record.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The Texans and NE are tied right now, and all it takes is for the Texans to win one more game in the last four than does NE. Then we'd have a 2nd seed for sure. The Patsies will have to cooperate with that of course.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
After watching the Chargers and Steelers I think the Texans can take them. lol
The Chargers & Steelers are two of the three most balanced teams in the league. Offensively may not be KC or LA, but our defense doesn't help us out against them.

honored82

Waterboy
Chargers needs to beat @KC week 15 and Steelers at home need to beat Pats....then we are in for a Bye.....if we win all ours.
Chargers can also be #1 seed if this happens.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Chargers needs to beat @KC week 15 and Steelers at home need to beat Pats....then we are in for a Bye.....if we win all ours.
Chargers can also be #1 seed if this happens.
|No, if the Texans win out and the Chiefs and Pats lose one the Texans are the #1 seed. No way can the Chargers be #1 iin that scenario

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Jets and Eagles will be the hardest games remaining. On the road at outside Northern stadiums in December. Talk about character building. If this team shows they can play in cold weather I'll probably say they can win the Lombardi trophy THIS YEAR. I can't believe I'm even typing that but this team continues to check boxes as the season progresses. Impressive wins mixed in with luck? That's what championship runs are made of.