Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is the official Texans board dead?

I think JT and I moved around the same time, but I never looked back. Only time to peek at one board until I retired recently. I like the more uncensored speaking here where mods only really get involved when folks get too personal and attack the person rather than the content

He went by H2O4me. He did post more then anyone else and tried to keep the board alive. Of course when there are only 5 or 6 other's posting over there it will seem that he over posts. He joined in 2016 also, so he wasn't even an old or long time member and just seemed to take over the board after that failure of an upgrade that drove most of the old members away. I still posted over there with my weekly game threads, but the posting over there was weak so I stayed over here with you guys mostly. It's not a bad thing it's gone.

yea he went by both OB4me, and H204me. Apparently he doesn't drink and the OB was not meant for O'Brien but a Scottish? word for water, which he misspelled as it's actually aub. But yea I enjoyed him at first, he did a good job posting Texans news articles, and tweets made it easy to get the info. The only reason I stopped liking his posts, and it really had nothing to do with him, is because everyone over there started treating his opinions as facts. They thought since he was posting news articles, and copying tweets before they saw them he had to have insider info, and he is clearly the most knowledgeable person ever right? /s

Like I said it was no fault of his own though, he would engage you in discussion and was open to differing opinions, it was the other posters who wanted to start bashing you for implying that he could be wrong on some things.

Half a dog:

20181121-093933.jpg

When it gets cold he cuddles.

I think JT and I moved around the same time, but I never looked back. Only time to peek at one board until I retired recently. I like the more uncensored speaking here where mods only really get involved when folks get too personal and attack the person rather than the content

Whats up buddy!

I guess I stopped coming here after I got burnt out with Goalline Blitz. I started back up on the NFL MB page, but never spent a lot of time there. I've spent more time in the past few days here on TexansTalk than I have for most of the season on the other page.

Speaking of GLB, I wonder if anyone still plays that.

What's up tech, welcome back. Is GLB still alive? I'm pretty sure I quit near a decade ago and it was half-dead then. Hardcore sells tickets here from time to time, and I think Michaelm will post randomly, but that's about all I'm aware of.

:) It is the original official board. Vinny pulled some strings with the Texans to allow the fans to have it after the NFL forced them to switch to another board. Before that TexansTalk.com was a smaller community of mainly tailgating friends. I still remember when he approached me about providing a home for the former official board. I caught some flak from a few of the original TexansTalk.com members however, most understood why I took Vinny up on his offer.

Here's what TexansTalk.com looked like in 2004 long before the switch https://web.archive.org/web/20041012123234/http://www.texanstalk.com:80/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Man …. that brings back memories.

We're getting old ….

Vinny now has the best garden ever. Rides his motorcycle and is calm. Being a dad. He turned me on to Stevia as a plant a couple years before it became legal.

If you talk to him again, send Vinny my best - he was good people. I gave him the business as often as possible (weird thing about authority figures), but had nothing but respect for the man, and he showed me nothing but respect. V had a way of seeing THROUGH the game, like Mr Miyagi watching kids running around - couldn't predict the outcome of that chaos, but a depth of wisdom about why the outcome happened. I certainly miss that.

Last edited:
yea he went by both OB4me, and H204me. Apparently he doesn't drink and the OB was not meant for O'Brien but a Scottish? word for water, which he misspelled as it's actually aub. But yea I enjoyed him at first, he did a good job posting Texans news articles, and tweets made it easy to get the info. The only reason I stopped liking his posts, and it really had nothing to do with him, is because everyone over there started treating his opinions as facts. They thought since he was posting news articles, and copying tweets before they saw them he had to have insider info, and he is clearly the most knowledgeable person ever right? /s

Like I said it was no fault of his own though, he would engage you in discussion and was open to differing opinions, it was the other posters who wanted to start bashing you for implying that he could be wrong on some things.

Is Troy Chapman here? He was the all things contract and salary cap king, great poster in those terms....

What's up tech, welcome back. Is GLB still alive? I'm pretty sure I quit near a decade ago and it was half-dead then. Hardcore sells tickets here from time to time, and I think Michaelm will post randomly, but that's about all I'm aware of.

I haven't been on GLB for years. It was falling apart when I left. After I left there, I stayed to the official board, because I forgot about this one. I didn't even go on it very often though.

Worst bar fight ever. San Diego. Marine infantry v Army. Just ugly. Ain't pretty. I think we both declared winner and walked away. Good God that hurt.
OLD San Diego--ha! afternoon pass during BITs several Marines turned loose on town for first time since boot camp began (back then BC and BITs were separate programs with guys leaving drill instructors and moving on with "troop handlers"). Me and a buddy walked past a bar and decided we'd go back to motel, eat pizza til we puked and watch TV. Neither of us drank at that time and both made it to bus back to base next morning. Badass Marines? Not. LOL I was terrified of not reporting back in time as we had been threatened repeatedly.

I'm here on the boards almost every day.
I read most of the threads but I'm not exactly a prolific poster.
I stopped GLB around the same time you did I think

Back